Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2010, 04:50 PM

353 posts, read 552,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahiahiono View Post
There is no such thing as intelligent design void of religion, deities and fairy tales. I.D. is a product of believers who want to give creationism another name - one that sounded almost scientific. It is the same thing with a different name tag.

Again, anyone at all got any any bona fide evidence whatsoever of the existance of a creator/god. You guys have to have something don't you? Some fiber of evidence?

MahiAhiOno
Countless numbers of people have seen and talked to God, He has spoken to them in person. Gods creations are all around you. Every time you open your eyes you are seeing Gods work. What more do you need.
What more evidence does a person need to believe in God than to have spoken to him personally. You can't trump that with science.
Whether or not God can be proven is irrelavant and beside the point of the OP anyway.

Evolutionist scoff and mock creationist yet they turn around and blindly believe in evolution. How is that any different?
Is there evolution? YES
Has evolution back to a one cell amoeba been proven? Not even close.
As somebody else posted if evolution is true we should see tons of transient species.
Where are the man-bear-pigs? We were all ONE species at one time and there should be species or fossils to show that. There's not.
They haven't found the link between man and the apes let alone between apes and alligators.
At some point in time every order of animal should have looked pretty much like every other order. Cats and Dogs diverged into different animals at some point. Where's the fossils of that in between animal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 05:23 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,917 times
I do not know either.
And I am okay with not knowing.
I do have hope that certain 'scientifically unproven' concepts exist because they would be the only way I could ever rise above human limitations and rules.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:25 PM

152 posts, read 117,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by offthefence View Post
Countless numbers of people have seen and talked to God, He has spoken to them in person. Gods creations are all around you. Every time you open your eyes you are seeing Gods work. What more do you need.
What more evidence does a person need to believe in God than to have spoken to him personally. You can't trump that with science.
Whether or not God can be proven is irrelavant and beside the point of the OP anyway.

Evolutionist scoff and mock creationist yet they turn around and blindly believe in evolution. How is that any different?
Is there evolution? YES
Has evolution back to a one cell amoeba been proven? Not even close.
As somebody else posted if evolution is true we should see tons of transient species.
Where are the man-bear-pigs? We were all ONE species at one time and there should be species or fossils to show that. There's not.
They haven't found the link between man and the apes let alone between apes and alligators.
At some point in time every order of animal should have looked pretty much like every other order. Cats and Dogs diverged into different animals at some point. Where's the fossils of that in between animal?
Name one person who has actually heard the sound, and had another person verify that he or she heard it to. Name one, a, a single, uno. I didn't think you could.

The existance of the world around us, per se, is evidence of only one thing, that there is a world around us. Just because we have a world around us, doesn't mean with any specificity how it came to be, only that it is. You makes leaps of faith for which no evidence exists.

What more do I want? I don't want any more of anything, I just want evidence (more implies some existed before, but because your mythology is an evidenciary vacum, use of that word (more) is out of order.

The fact that you say something as ludicrous as "blindly believe in evolution", shows how absolutely devoid of standing you are. NOBODY "BLINDLY" believes in evolution, we ACCEPT ITS REALITY based on EVIDENCE, got it - EEEEVVVVVIIIIDDDDDEEEEENNNNNCCCCCEEEEEEE. How stupid you must be to say people blindly believe in Evolution when it is you, mythology-believer who are the one who BLINDLY BELIEVES.

You should not try to articulate science, since, as evidenced by your statement "man-bear-pigs" you are completely ignorant of it. Since you are wholly unwilling to look at facts, and only issue ludicrous non-facts as if they were true, you really should leave the science to the thinking people - we call them scientists.

MahiAhiOno

Old 03-30-2010, 01:48 PM

353 posts, read 552,348 times
Quote:
Name one person who has actually heard the sound, and had another person verify that he or she heard it to. Name one, a, a single, uno. I didn't think you could.
Really, I can't name one? Bob Bridges and Alex Hernandez. There's 2. Want more?
Every great religious leader since the beginning of time has claimed to have spoken to God. Millions of religious people speak to God on a daily basis.

Quote:
The existance of the world around us, per se, is evidence of only one thing, that there is a world around us. Just because we have a world around us, doesn't mean with any specificity how it came to be, only that it is. You makes leaps of faith for which no evidence exists.
You just don't get it do you. Your belief in evolution is based on what you are TOLD not what you know. What is your proof of evolution? You can't give me any of your own. You can only tell me what others say. If evolutionist are held to the same standard of proof as creationist evolutionist fall flat on their face.

Quote:
The fact that you say something as ludicrous as "blindly believe in evolution", shows how absolutely devoid of standing you are. NOBODY "BLINDLY" believes in evolution, we ACCEPT ITS REALITY based on EVIDENCE, got it - EEEEVVVVVIIIIDDDDDEEEEENNNNNCCCCCEEEEEEE. How stupid you must be to say people blindly believe in Evolution when it is you, mythology-believer who are the one who BLINDLY BELIEVES.
This is my favorite thing that evolutionist always throw out. Attack people because of their faith. That's brilliant.
News flash I DON"T BELIEVE IN GOD.
I already stipulated that certain aspects of evolution were proven. In your blind hatred of everything you disagree with you chose to miss that part. You also conveniently didn't address the aspects of evolution that can not and have not been proven.

Quote:
You should not try to articulate science, since, as evidenced by your statement "man-bear-pigs" you are completely ignorant of it. Since you are wholly unwilling to look at facts, and only issue ludicrous non-facts as if they were true, you really should leave the science to the thinking people - we call them scientists.
HAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA ROLFLMAO. You don't have a clue do you. When you graduate from highschool then we can talk about science. Science is on my side, not yours.
As far as the man-bear-pig thing REALLY? Are you so devoid of all intelligence that you think that was serious. Your one of those that doesn't know something is meant as humor unless you see the smiley face next to it. That's sad.
Where is the common ancestor for all animals that is required to have existed for evolution to a PROVEN fact. Show me. Sorry you can't. There ain't one.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:00 PM

2,544 posts, read 4,283,360 times
Quote:

What more do I want? I don't want any more of anything, I just want evidence (more implies some existed before, but because your mythology is an evidenciary vacum, use of that word (more) is out of order.

MahiAhiOno
This is the Great Debates forum. If this is how you "debate," then take it to the Religion or P&OC forum. Read the sticky threads at the top of the board.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:15 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,743,495 times
I don't know is a great answer, but I don't care is even better.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthefence View Post
Really, I can't name one? Bob Bridges and Alex Hernandez. There's 2. Want more?
Every great religious leader since the beginning of time has claimed to have spoken to God. Millions of religious people speak to God on a daily basis.

You just don't get it do you. Your belief in evolution is based on what you are TOLD not what you know. What is your proof of evolution? You can't give me any of your own. You can only tell me what others say. If evolutionist are held to the same standard of proof as creationist evolutionist fall flat on their face.

This is my favorite thing that evolutionist always throw out. Attack people because of their faith. That's brilliant.
News flash I DON"T BELIEVE IN GOD.
I already stipulated that certain aspects of evolution were proven. In your blind hatred of everything you disagree with you chose to miss that part. You also conveniently didn't address the aspects of evolution that can not and have not been proven.

HAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA ROLFLMAO. You don't have a clue do you. When you graduate from highschool then we can talk about science. Science is on my side, not yours.
As far as the man-bear-pig thing REALLY? Are you so devoid of all intelligence that you think that was serious. Your one of those that doesn't know something is meant as humor unless you see the smiley face next to it. That's sad.
Where is the common ancestor for all animals that is required to have existed for evolution to a PROVEN fact. Show me. Sorry you can't. There ain't one.
Really, we next time it happens have them take a voice recording so we know they are not delusional.

BTW, I don't have a belief in evolution any more than I have a belief in gravity. I accept both as facts based on evidence collected by scientists. Have they collected every scrap of evidence that will be collected - NO. Will more be collected - Yes, will more information on evolution be gained - Yes.

You weren't joking, just displaying ignorance. The common ancestor of all animals died many millions of years ago and was a single cell, or primitive ancestor of modern cells.

MahiAhiOno

Old 03-31-2010, 08:17 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Evolution is a joke. A dog has NEVER produced a non-dog. Never has, NEVER will. The theory that man was basically spawned from primordial soup is an insult to me, and God especially.

Darwins THEORIES (racist ones, too) are taken too literally. Microevolution and macroevolution are two entirely different things. Someone could say "hey, look, that moth changed colors to blend into its environment better. See, thats proof of evolution!" Bah.

Evolution is a man-made guess. A theory. Ill take and trust God's perfect word over mankind's ridiculous theories ANY DAY. This world, and everything in it, is entirely far too complex to ever believe for a split second that this crap evolved over "billions of years". Im curious, was anyone there at the beginning to take notes of this stuff? Didnt think so.

Even the human eye is so complex that even Darwin admitted himself that to think it "evolved" is utterly ridiculous.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:15 PM

If your eye is the work of a perfect creator, why is it so messed up. Near and far sightedness, cataracts, astigmatism, detached retinas, strabismus. You have to be joking. No perfect creator would have made such a grossly flawed eye.

While evolution hasn't yet answered all questions completely yet, at least it is based on evidence. Your beliefs are 100 percent devoid of any evidence whatsoever.

I'll give you 2 to1 odds on anything you wish if you can produce evidence of a god.

Two requirements.

1. What you say is "evidence" has to be demonstrably true.
and
2. What you say is "evidence" has to actually point to the existance of a god to a standard that science would accept.

Pass both you win, fail either or both, you lose.

Take me up on it anytime.

MahiAhiOno

Old 04-01-2010, 06:55 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
If your eye is the work of a perfect creator, why is it so messed up. Near and far sightedness, cataracts, astigmatism, detached retinas, strabismus. You have to be joking. No perfect creator would have made such a grossly flawed eye.
Most human eye problems are caused by reading. The human eye did not evolve for close work, and people who spend hours a day reading, as school children do, place an intolerable amount of stress and unnatural strain on their eyes. Artificial lighting and our addiction to night life is also a factor. Similarly, the human ear did not evolve to tolerate loud noises, and the modern human environment in industrialized countries virtually guarantees hearing loss at an early age. Not to mention the number of hours kids spend playing music at lethal decibels.

I've met people in third world countries, illiterates who had never been to school, who, in their 50s and 60s, had sharper vision than an American 12-year-old. They could see distant objects as clearly with their naked eye as I could with 8x binoculars, and proved it by identifying species of birds that I could only verify with binocs.

School children in China are not allowed to do close work continuously for more than 20 minutes, without taking a 5 minute break from reading, and look out the window at distant perspectives. It has had a tremendous effect on preserving their eyesight well into adulthood, and significantly reduced the need for eyeglasses.

By the way, the eye is an amazingly flawless organ in the animal world. Every species of animal has pretty much the eye it needs for its lifestyle. Predator animals have both eyes in the front of the head, for binocular vision, so they can have the depth perception to capture prey. On the other hand, non-predatory species have eyes on the opposite sides of the head, for maximum peripheral vision, to detect predators. Compare owls with chickens. Also, the density of receptors in the retina varies by need. Raptors, who soar and watch for prey on the ground, would be able to read a newspaper from across the room. Nearly all mammals are nocturnal, and sleep all day and move about only at night, and have night vision that enables them to see as clearly on a moonlit night as a human can see in the daytime. Humans have almost the worst night vision of any species on the planet.

Last edited by jtur88; 04-01-2010 at 07:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates