Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 02:43 PM

152 posts, read 116,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Williams' surgery 'never an option' in N.L: minister - CTV News

Why did the Prime Minister of Newfoundland choose to have his heart surgery in The U.S. as opposed to the free Canadian system he is eligible for?
Simple - because he wants to LIVE, and according to the head of the Canadian health system, it is on the verge of implosion.

However, there is good news. In Canada you can get an X-Ray, or MRI or other imagery today and start chemo-therapy this afternoon, or have surgery in a day or two. However, you have to be a dog, or a cat, horse or a cow etc., because their vertrinary medical system is free-market and actually DELIVERS, which their people health care of socialized and doesn't.

MahiAhiOno
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 02:45 PM

152 posts, read 116,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
apples to oranges

Car insurance is mandatory in most states to protect the harm you might do to others.

Why does Obama want to force everyone to have health insurance ?
Care insurance is NOT mandatory in any state whatsoever. It is only required if:

A. You own a motor vehicle

AND

B. You intend to operate it on public roads

Then, and only then, is Insurance required. Tosay that it is Mandatory is erroneous.

The comparison is a schill

MahiAhiOno

Old 04-07-2010, 09:58 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Goodbye, Mahiahiono. You lose.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:09 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
And that makes you the winner?

Old 04-07-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
And that makes you the winner?
Please copy and paste the comment in which I implied that I was the winner. Philllies lost the World Series and McCain lost the election. Does that imply that I was the winner?

Old 04-08-2010, 12:18 PM

27 posts, read 14,629 times
Quote:
Would you like me to relay a message to her for you?. BTW, I am sure you are aware, that the U.S. is the greates country in the world - hands down, not even close.

If you had any idea what my sister's Net Worth is, you wouldn't say she is a loser. It even makes me feel like a pauper. Her web businesses are incredible, and now she is offshore fishing in her 50' Bertram. It is beautifull, but the engines burn a lot of fuel. Sometimes she puts in $2,000 worth of diesel for a weekend's fishing.

Anyway, take care, and never foreget, the U.S. is #1.

OnoAhiMahi

Old 04-08-2010, 12:20 PM

13 posts, read 16,562 times
Quote:
Many of those Americans chose to live abroad precisely because they could not affort the cost of medical care or insurance stateside. Many of those are disgruntled Vietnam and Desert vets, who discovered when they got home that the VA reneged on agreements to provide medical care after discharge.
If this is true, and let's assume that it is, why would we want more government control of health care when the government can't or won't provide some of the most deserving among us the health care services that they are entitled to? This statement seems like an argument against government controlled health care.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptroop View Post
If this is true, and let's assume that it is, why would we want more government control of health care when the government can't or won't provide some of the most deserving among us the health care services that they are entitled to? This statement seems like an argument against government controlled health care.
There is an excellent case study of what government-run health care is like. It's called America's Hat, and they just had the Winter Olympics in that country.

Waiting lists for health care procedures are incredible. Recently, two high-ranking members of their government came to the U.S. for health care. Why, of course, because they wanted medical services and not government Bravo Sierra (which is something that might come out of the north-end of a south-bound Bull).

However, there is good news in "the hat". You can get any procedures or regimine you need or want in a day or less, as long as your or your ward are a horse, or a cow, or a mule, or a pig, or a cat or dog etc.

You see, in "the hat", animal-medicine is free market and actually delivers "care", which two-legged medicine is government-run and provides little more than "coverage", no medical "care", just "coverage".

Or if you want to take a trip across the pond and deal with the Brits, et al, hospitals are unable to change bed-lines in anything more often that every 30 days!!!! Breast Cancer diagnosise for women over 45 years of age, comes with a pre-filled-out Death Certificate to be executed by the attending physician. It is UGGG LLLYYY.

Oh, yes, and beloved (by some, not I, however), Fidel, came to the U.S. for treatment, eschewing his Universal Coverage, Non-Existant Cuban medical care system.

As my sister Mahi aways says, Free Markets DELIVER (and she knows, as much as she delivers via her web biz, and those biz deliver to her in the form of $$$$).

OnoAhiMahi

Old 04-08-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnoAhiMahi View Post
As my sister Mahi aways says, Free Markets DELIVER (and she knows, as much as she delivers via her web biz, and those biz deliver to her in the form of $$$$).

OnoAhiMahi
Why can't she say that for herself? What lie are you going to give us to explain that?

Old 04-08-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Why can't she say that for herself? What lie are you going to give us to explain that?
Mr. Jtur88, you seem to have some pent-up hostility Did Mahi slap you around pretty good. I know she really hate communism, but then, what decent person doesn't!!!! Anyway, I am not so outspoken as she is.

Good news, she just called in on the satphone. She boated a black marlin that taped out at 1200#. Caught it on a Black Bart trolled at 9 knots, but then I am sure Big Game fishing is such a bore to you. To bad the fish exhausted itself so much during the fight it couldn't be revived to be released.

Panama has awesome fishing.

And I would never go through the trouble of telling you a lie, the effort would be too much for who it's for. I'm sure you understand.

OAM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates