Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 05:00 PM

571 posts, read 943,885 times

Advertisements

What happens?

We can use some of those billions wasted and put it towards things like cancer & AIDS research, homelessness, stabilizing the economy, and many other things.

What happens to Israel, you say? I don't care. I don't live in Israel.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:55 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Israel will do what is in its best interest. What would you do if your Uncle gave you $100 but told you that you are required to spend $75 of it on him??

To anyone who has travelled in the Middle East, what other country do you feel safe to walk around in?

Old 04-23-2010, 06:03 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,613,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
lets say we withdraw from all our treaties with them
It doesn't make much of a difference whether you're talking about Israel, or any other nation. Unilaterally canceling our treaties is a precedent I'm sure we don't want to set.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:12 AM

51 posts, read 87,895 times
With no U.S. aid it would present more of a threat to the U.S. than it would to Israel itself. Israel has an outstanding military and all of their citizens are trained and in the Active Military/Reserve... they will use all means to defend their country and citizens, as they should.

The way our relationship is going with Israel makes me disgusted at Obama's approach. I can't believe we are no longer backing them up and Obama doesn't give a crap....

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntamedOhioan View Post
What happens?

We can use some of those billions wasted and put it towards things like cancer & AIDS research, homelessness, stabilizing the economy, and many other things.

What happens to Israel, you say? I don't care. I don't live in Israel.
And that is the problem....people DONT care for others! It eventually leads to war and disaster.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:01 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull View Post
And still people in the U.S. go hungry and live on the cold grimy streets....very sad.
Generally because they refuse to meet the shelters no drugs or alchohol policy and\or are mentally ill but we can't infringe on their rights and make them do anything they don't want to.

Hungry? Having volunteered at foodbanks and soup kitchens we have the fattest "hungry" people you've ever seen.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:39 AM

968 posts, read 2,625,380 times
The fact that the US gives Israel money prevents Israel from crusading off and taking over Palestine, Egypt, Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel would go as far as they could to ensure their protection because every one of those nations want's them gone.

but you can't talk about Israel without getting Biblical, and the fact is that despite our politicans non religious views, no body wants cut off Israel from US protection because last century Egypt attacked Israel, so Israel struck back, and kept striking back, and with only 7000 troops they made it pretty far and killed a lot of people. Egypt called it off and made deal with Israel. so Egypt blinked first.

Israel could take care of itself as long as its following Gods laws. its the US that is preventing total nuclear annihillation in the Middle East.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:13 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Not just Israel, everyone. We need a sign that says: We'd like to help but we are broke

Old 04-24-2010, 08:53 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Never happen! Like Monkey said they'll go down swinging! You think we're giveing all that aid for nothing? Isreal is America's pitbull on a leash...Let it go and that's it. Theater Tactical Nuclear War. You do know that they have rearmed those ex kreigsmarine Dolphin class subs with Nuclear tipped harpoon missles right?

Nuclear Weapons - Israel
Israel's Nuclear Weapon Capability: An Overview

Israel deploys nuclear arms in submarines
Yes, they will go down swinging, but go down they will without US aid - that is if they don't self destruct through internal divisions between the left and the right.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:56 AM

48 posts, read 178,233 times
I think we need to support the nation of Israel without question, but most wouldn't agree with me as to why.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:11 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,281,260 times
I'd drop them in a second and use all of that money to build the USA. Then throw out all of the America haters so they can stop sucking the life out of us. Who cares what happens in the middle east? Let them blow each other up. We're not middle easterners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates