Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2010, 08:59 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,284,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
you guys are to funny.....I have Bill Cosby writtings and videos....along with a lot of of others. However, you obviously are too much of a coward to have watched the video of your "White Peer" Tim Wise. I bet you never even heard of him......LOL.
Seems like anyone here who gave you any kind of an argument is a coward or a racist, no wonder no one wants to debate with you.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:05 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,728,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
No, what I would like to see is certain segments of underclass blacks make a true effort at being equal instead of taking a free ride on so called entitlement programs. To those who have made it to an equal footing with myself and others, I applaud you. To the ones who keep crying victim and do nothing to imrove your life, you will never amount to anything but a drug dealing thug. Lotsa luck.
So by omission, you don’t have a problem with whites on entitlement and seeking a free ride, even though there are more whites on entitlements than blacks? Let me ask you a hypothetical. When the twin towers were attacked some of the people in the building made it out and some unfortunately perished. Why did some make it out and others did not? Does the fact that some made it out mean that everyone could have made it out? Does the fact that some, most even, made it out invalidate the others as being victims….invalidates that their fate was a product of the attack? Hence, does the fact that some black people rise from oppression invalidate others who have or did not?

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 04-24-2010 at 09:27 AM..

Old 04-24-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Everyone is a racist when no one uses the standard definition and instead employs their own self serving definition. Do I think I am intelligent? What I know is that I am a college graduate. I don’t know if I am intelligent, but I am educated (in the sciences and in problem identification and solving). I actually prefer debates where the majority of people disagree with me. I certainly can’t be challenged and grow from differing perspectives by surrounding myself in environments where everyone believes like me. I actually post on a couple of majority black forums where I have been called a “YT lover” all because I supported Hilary Clinton over Barack Obama and because I did not agree with what some of those black folks were calling “Racist incidents”, such as several of Bill Clintons Remarks. I like Obama and I like the fact that it is a strong positive image for young blacks to see what is possible, however, I never thought Obama was experienced enough for this job. I still believe Hilary Clinton would have made a better President because we need a more experienced person in these troubled economic times. You see…..all you see is what I say to white people but you do not see what I say to black people because, believe it or not, many people on those black forums refuse to even respond to me because of my views on Obama……lol. They think that I secretly a Republican/Conservative (Both parties suck to me)…..lol. However, I do note that few white people have choosen to attack and seek to silence and ignore people like JMadison.....and there negative commentary......people seem more uncomfortable with what I say than what white people say when they are implying the inferiority of black people. I imagine its because these attitudes don't THREATEN you or that you AGREE with them......but what I say in some way does. Think about it. Why take special aim at me...and not them...lol. Furthermore, the lenght of my post.....being a problem.....please....I am sure reading a romance novel or some other fiction or watching 2 hours of TV keeps you glued...with no complaints. Actually its simple....you just don't want to hear the truth....no matter short or long....

In light of that, I am totally used to being censored in one way or the other. I don’t come into forums looking to make friends or enemies. Whether one like me or not, calls me names or not…….people don’t call me a LIAR. People are upset at what I expose……but they cannot deny what was exposed so they attempt to have it covered back up by attacking the messenger, silencing the messenger and or ignoring the messenger. Please…….this is not new to me. This pattern is repeated almost invariably in every such debate like this I have had. Back in about 2006 I was "banned" from a forum for my "Negativity". My crime was that I was predicting that the American economy would collapse in a few years. I guess the moderator and or forum optimist did not like what I was saying and were trying to promote a "Positive" outlook for the site. Most of the people then also disagreed with me.....but guess what happened a few years latter.

I am not a liar……so why the hell do people get so upset with the truth? Point out where I have lied or forever hold your peace. The number one reason why this country is going down hill is the inability or unwillingness of its people to deal with the TRUTH or things that make them uncomfortable......so they just pretend that it does not exist. That is why this nation has a national debt of about 75 trillion when unfunded liabilities are added to the accounting. The standard of living of this nation has been artificially high for several decades....but people did not want to hear that or accept that.....which is why we have the 75 trillion dollar debt bomb that is about to explode in our face. You people need to buy a vowel and maybe you can figure out what the word is.......assuming that you want to.....i guess ignorance is bliss is in full effect. The fact that people HATE what I have to say.......leads them to interpret me as a person of HATE. However......thy doth project.
Ok, lets say you've proven you point, now whats your solution.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
So by omission, you don’t have a problem with whites on entitlement and seeking a free ride,
Quote:
even though there are more whites on entitlements than blacks?
Let me ask you a hypothetical. When the twin towers were attacked some of the people in the building made it out and some unfortunately perished. Why did some make it out and others did not? Does the fact that some made it out mean that everyone could have made it out? Does the fact that some, most even, made it out invalidate the others as being victims….invalidates that their fate was a product of the attack? Hence, does the fact that some black people rise from oppression invalidate that those who have not?
You are wrong oh wise one, If you compare percentages of population, 76% white vs 12% black there are far more blacks on Gov't give away programs.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
You are wrong oh wise one, If you compare percentages of population, 76% white vs 12% black there are far more blacks on Gov't give away programs.
Is your problem with entitlement based upon numbers or percentages? True, a higher percentage of the black population is on entitlements or transfer payments than whites, however, numerically there are more whites on these programs because there are over 200 million whites and only 40 million blacks in this nation. If you have a problem with entitilments then.....you should be looking at the race that makes up the larger number....because they are taking most of OUR tax dollars.

LET ME REPEAT:

Let me ask you a hypothetical. When the twin towers were attacked some of the people in the building made it out and some unfortunately perished. Why did some make it out while others did not? Does the fact that some made it out mean that everyone could have made it out and/or should have made it out? Does the fact that some, most even, made it out invalidate the others as being victims….invalidates that their fate was a product of the attack? Hence, does the fact that some black people rise from oppression invalidate others who have or did not?

Please....I am a student of human nature and physical science. Its not how I say what I say. It is not about how long my rebuttals are.....etc. Its that truth and righteousness is not on your side and its an epiphany that is too uncomfortable for you all to deal with....so you look to give false reasons (lies...excuses) to ingnore the message via ignoring the messenger. Your silence is the only validation I need, for humans salivate for the opportunity to demonstrate how they are right and others are wrong. When they don't its because they cannot. I guess its best to run away so one can be in ignorance and denial yet another day.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 04-24-2010 at 09:46 AM..

Old 04-24-2010, 10:46 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,866,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
I'm sorry, but you will be attacked for your hostile overtone. You may prefer to live in a "white majority city," but I bet your grandchildren will not have that opportunity. lol
It's people like you, that make these threads a wash. "LOL" does not hide your racism, hatred, or ignorance.

Give me a white-majority city any day. Crime follows minorities, or rather they bring it with them. Ever wonder why people don't want section 8 housing built near them? It brings minorities, and scumbags, which brings crime. There was nothing hostile about the OP, the op's opinions were mentioned clearly and yours were asked for, you gave none.... you get used to it, if people don't want multiculturalism forced on them, they will fight it, it's their right.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:51 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,260,467 times
Quote:
Is your problem with entitlement based upon numbers or percentages? True, a higher percentage of the black population is on entitlements or transfer payments than whites, however, numerically there are more whites on these programs because there are over 200 million whites and only 40 million blacks in this nation. If you have a problem with entitilments then.....you should be looking at the race that makes up the larger number....because they are taking most of OUR tax dollars.

LET ME REPEAT:

Let me ask you a hypothetical. When the twin towers were attacked some of the people in the building made it out and some unfortunately perished. Why did some make it out while others did not? Does the fact that some made it out mean that everyone could have made it out and/or should have made it out? Does the fact that some, most even, made it out invalidate the others as being victims….invalidates that their fate was a product of the attack? Hence, does the fact that some black people rise from oppression invalidate others who have or did not?

Please....I am a student of human nature and physical science. Its not how I say what I say. It is not about how long my rebuttals are.....etc. Its that truth and righteousness is not on your side and its an epiphany that is too uncomfortable for you all to deal with....so you look to give false reasons (lies...excuses) to ingnore the message via ignoring the messenger. Your silence is the only validation I need, for humans salivate for the opportunity to demonstrate how they are right and others are wrong. When they don't its because they cannot. I guess its best to run away so one can be in ignorance and denial yet another day.
I can't believe that you are comparing the two as if they are the same !!!!!!!! Blacks are no more repressed today than anyone else!!! If you think different, explain your education....

Old 04-24-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I can't believe that you are comparing the two as if they are the same !!!!!!!! Blacks are no more repressed today than anyone else!!! If you think different, explain your education....
Why does crime still exist even though it is illegal? People like to promote the fallacy that since civil rights laws have been put in place that opression is over. Is crime over due to the fact that laws are in place against it? I can and have presented studies done by prestigeous Universities that show how discrimination and oppression of blacks is alive and well in this nation. Each time I present the findings.....SILENCE. I am not sure that people even bother to read them because they are comfortable in their ignorance.

Obviously the Twin Towers is not THE SAME THING as Racial Opression. However, the abstract situation is analogous. You have a situation where humans are exposed to a tramautic external situation through no fault of their own and some manage to pull themselves out of it and others do not.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:08 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,414,300 times
After reading my original post again, I think I'll consider that article right up there with being anti-white.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:22 PM

94 posts, read 69,792 times
the funny thing is, most of the liberals who write these stupid articles are the same people who flee to the suburbs and send themselves to overwhelmingly white schools.

white people are their own worst enemy. i don't see any countries (outside of historically majority white ones) allowing millions of 'others' to flood across their borders, often negatively effecting crime rates quite drastically.

furthermore, the people who claim to 'embrace diversity' often have the least experience with it. they'll chew out a white person who lives in a majority-black area for having negative views on blacks but for any white person who has lived in a majority-black area, it 's hard not to have negative views on them.

Once Whites are minorities in their own countries, are things really going to be enhanced because of 'diversity'? Once the third world is in Europe and the U.S will we benefit? No, there is a reason countries like the U.S, Sweden, Australia, etc are successful and it's not 'diversity.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.