Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 06:23 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,676,657 times

Advertisements

I fail to understand the logic that sees the "terrorist" as some kind of aberant individual who participates in his mayhem for no good reason, this is usually the thinking of those who can readily validate the use of superior weapons on those who are not equally advantaged.

If the middle eastern "terrorists" were anywher near equal to America in terms of military power they would have surely killed many more of us than they did on 9-11, they see themselves and their "work" as being justified by the fact that the US government's military has killed in far greater numbers to further their cause. The notion that killing anyone is justified by political aims is wrong, no matter who is doing the killing.

It has become common to accept "our" killing but not the "other guy's", oh I can already feel the heat rising in those super patriots who attend their church services on Sunday only to suffer the amnesia of gospel on Monday. "Our" military has killed tens of thousands of innocents, to argue the finer points of who should get killed and when is merely showing an ignorance of those Christian principals so many American's come here (CD) to boast about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 06:38 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
It's obvious in reading many of these posts that very few of you value human life. You talk about slaughtered people simply as a bargaining chip in a big game of poker. Without the basic premise that human life is of value, there is really no point in discussing any of this, because you are simply looking for another scene from the 'Saw' series of movies to entertain you. I'll bet most of you don't give a rats ass about the 'plight' of Middle Easterners or their religion, or anyone else for that matter. You just want to be entertained and the Middle Easterners are simply your willing actors this year. Don't forget to clap for the next slaughter scene. And don't forget the popcorn either.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:22 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
I fail to understand the logic that sees the "terrorist" as some kind of aberant individual who participates in his mayhem for no good reason, this is usually the thinking of those who can readily validate the use of superior weapons on those who are not equally advantaged.

If the middle eastern "terrorists" were anywher near equal to America in terms of military power they would have surely killed many more of us than they did on 9-11, they see themselves and their "work" as being justified by the fact that the US government's military has killed in far greater numbers to further their cause. The notion that killing anyone is justified by political aims is wrong, no matter who is doing the killing.

It has become common to accept "our" killing but not the "other guy's", oh I can already feel the heat rising in those super patriots who attend their church services on Sunday only to suffer the amnesia of gospel on Monday. "Our" military has killed tens of thousands of innocents, to argue the finer points of who should get killed and when is merely showing an ignorance of those Christian principals so many American's come here (CD) to boast about.
umm the point is for our guys to come back alive and home do you think we like putting our lives on the line and yeah we have better weapons

Last edited by GTOlover; 04-23-2010 at 07:31 PM..

Old 04-24-2010, 05:33 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
...who has five lines of bio on Wikipedia? I doubt if he is my go-to guy when I "really want to know" something.
What does a guy's presence on wiki got to do with the Truth?

Is that where you go for culture too?

Old 04-24-2010, 06:51 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
[quote=ChrisC;13863147]
The same folks who applaud the killing of hundreds of innocent men, women, and children by terrorists, condemn the execution of one mass murderer.

I wouldn't expect a person who thinks that way to be capable of any half-way logical thought. Those types will never understand that killing someone who did nothing to deserve to die is wrong. QUOTE]
Were you thinking when you wrote these lines?
I could think of many situations that actually occur where you would most likely contradict your own statements.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:06 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
O

What does a guy's presence on wiki got to do with the Truth?

Is that where you go for culture too?
No. But since I don't know everything, I consult sources outside my own mind for additional data. People who know everything and can readily identify the truth ought to walk in the shoes of someone who does not know everything, and see what it is like.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:46 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Were you thinking when you wrote these lines?
I could think of many situations that actually occur where you would most likely contradict your own statements.
So you support killing people who did nothing to deserve to die?

My statement is this, once again: I do not support killing people who did nothing to deserve to die. End of story.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:36 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
So you support killing people who did nothing to deserve to die?

My statement is this, once again: I do not support killing people who did nothing to deserve to die. End of story.
Even that can be contentious. I can't think of anybody who has ever deserved to die.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:28 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,845 times
This entire blog reminds me of John Rambo & Rocky Balboa ..i believe these 2 characters are deep inside us somewhere .. watch First Blood and u'll get the idea .. like what i said to a friend moments ago .. we humans are fighting since time immemorial and will fight till the last day .. the question here is ..What the heck are we fighting for ? .. everything is going to end anyway ! .. so why not accept the fact and live in peace untill the final hour .. we embark on a mission that has no past, present and future ..yet we fight to prove a point ..why? what? .. how? these are the questions that has many answers .. pick the ones that suits u best my fellow beings ..seriously ! the choices that we make are propelled by series of emotional clout and that could well be your answer and my answer ..but with twists and turns ..however terror is nothing but a mirror that reflects fear .. fear of all kinds .. what do we do to control this emotion .. we fight ! ..how ? depends on the way its portrayed and perceived by an individual .. sigh ! .. however IMHO theres only one thing that can supress this fear .. and thats fear itself ! ..go figure

Last edited by Norm24x7; 04-25-2010 at 06:55 AM..

Old 04-25-2010, 07:00 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,845 times
"Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe. Let it go"
Rambo:First Blood

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!
Rocky Balboa

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates