Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 04:14 AM

64 posts, read 105,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooster View Post
While some religions have bloodshed in their past, islam has bloodshed in its past, present and future. It is a bit of a sticky wicket.
Yes there are still some violent extremists, I didn't argue otherwise. There are also KKK loons who probably believe that God made blacks to be kept as slaves and whipped when they got uppity. Is that Christianity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 08:16 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,459,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
What else do you know about the future? I have some money to invest.

I'd better not invest it in the US military industrial complex, because there is no bloodshed in our future.
I read the OP and frankly do not understand one word. But...
There are some truths that never change. I can assure you that unfortunately, we will be seeing Islamic terror in the future, as long as kids are indoctrinated into the ideology of hatred from a young age. There is hate in many places, but not as open and loud as the one coming from the Islamic world.
Any parallel between American defense corporations and Muslim terrorism is a joke. The most you can say is that these corporations are driven by greed. Anyway, we have governments which control these corporations. After GWB, Obama was elected and his policy is different from his predecessor. Who controls the insane terrorism? Will they ever change? Probably not.
People who commit suicide just to kill innocent civilians who had done nothing wrong... are at the lowest level a human can get. Basically they cannot be considered humans anymore. And that is true if the terror acts are committed in the US, Russia, Europe, Asia or on the moon and no matter who's behind it.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:48 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Any parallel between American defense corporations and Muslim terrorism is a joke.
Yes, you're right, for a change. There is no parallel. During my lifetime, American defense corporations have fattened up and profited from the murder of several million people, mostly civilians. Including the nuking of Hiroshima and the firebombing of Dresden and the burning alive of village children in Vietnam.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:15 AM

160 posts, read 342,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
People who(...) kill innocent civilians who had done nothing wrong... are at the lowest level a human can get. Basically they cannot be considered humans anymore.
So American soldiers in Germany, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan were(are) animals?

Old 05-03-2010, 07:46 AM

64 posts, read 33,209 times
Quote:
Read the Old Testament and see the carnage and brutality that is a "precept of Christianity". Are you afraid of Christians who take that literally?

How would you like your country to be on the receiving end of this:

Deuteronomy 20:10-17
When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. . . . This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.
However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you.
I am wondering to my7self if you had chance to peruse a calender of late. It you look at the top, usually in bold numbers is a four-digit number. If it is current, it will read 2010. That is the year, as in 2010 AD.

As my BA pilot friend tells me, it isn't the runway in back of you that matters, only the runway in front of you.

Perhaps you should take that into accout when you make your posts.

For example, can you think of any recent beheadings by Christians for the crime of being not a Christian? Any women shot in the back of the head for walking down the sidewalk with someone not of immediate family.

In all sincerity, and with your best interests in mind, youf might need to gain a bit of a sense of perspective. You can apply the phrase, that was then, this is now, if it helps.

Have you read in the papers of any recent car-bombs by the orange-robed Budda fellows?

What ho, mate

This is serious stuff, my friend. If the more-orthodox devotees of Allah get their hands on nukes, well, get the SPF50 ald slather up. Welders mask too.

Woostere

Old 05-03-2010, 07:51 AM

64 posts, read 33,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shokaro View Post
Yes there are still some violent extremists, I didn't argue otherwise. There are also KKK loons who probably believe that God made blacks to be kept as slaves and whipped when they got uppity. Is that Christianity?
When was the last time the KKK or any such organization blew up a buss or car in a crowded public area? It seems yuou need a bit of perspective as well as the other chap. A sense of proportion. Anyway, take care.

Wooster

Old 05-03-2010, 08:18 AM

64 posts, read 105,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooster View Post
When was the last time the KKK or any such organization blew up a buss or car in a crowded public area? It seems yuou need a bit of perspective as well as the other chap. A sense of proportion. Anyway, take care.

Wooster
If you are missing my point that hardly means I need perspective. Ironic since that is what I would advise you need rather than scaremongering about holy terrorists with nukes.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:09 PM

314 posts, read 189,347 times
Quote:
Yes, you're right, for a change. There is no parallel. During my lifetime, American defense corporations have fattened up and profited from the murder of several million people, mostly civilians. Including the nuking of Hiroshima and the firebombing of Dresden and the burning alive of village children in Vietnam.
Setting aside the silliness of your word choice (murder), I would ask if you are aware that the Dresden firebombing was an attempt to convince Hitler to stop the war. If he had, many lives, net, would have been saved, but Hitler decided not to save those lives and pursue the aggression.

Are you also aware, that the relatively small number of people killed in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, paled in comparison to the carnage that would have occured if the Invasion of Japan had been necessary.

War is, well, war. It is bloody.

And please, for your own benefit, stop hating the USA. It is the greatest, most-free nation every. You and I are both lucky to live here.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:38 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paparaciii View Post
So American soldiers in Germany, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan were(are) animals?
Any person can be taught to behave like an animal. Hitler knew that, too.

What kind of a human being throws burning napalm on small children and stands there and watches them burn?

Old 05-03-2010, 05:37 PM

314 posts, read 189,347 times
Quote:
Any person can be taught to behave like an animal. Hitler knew that, too.

What kind of a human being throws burning napalm on small children and stands there and watches them burn?
A Democrat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates