Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2010, 10:20 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,626,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Why can’t white kids go to Afrocentric schools? Black kids go to Eurocentric schools. Segregation is a white driven phenomenon. Its obvious that OTHERS need to learn to appreciate whites...but whites don't have to learn to appreciate others. That is the American system. Any white child is free to go to an Afrocentric school. So what would create the NEW polirization? Answer....the same thing that creates the OLD polirization.....the mindset of whites.
Your concluding sentence (even with the word 'polarization' spelled wrong) indicates that whites aren't the only ones carrying around mindsets. That goes two ways, which you've just proved magnificently.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:33 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,355,354 times
Quote:
Now....its interesting that no white person on here will attack you as being full of hate and a race-baiter. Yet, any defense I put up against it will be labeled as such.

People don't believe that TRUTH is a negative and hence they feel these things that whites say about blacks are just truths....which exempt them from being racist. Hence, whites don't attack people like you and your OBSERVATIONS because they agree with it as being truths.
Sub Forum guidelines dictates that posts that are flaming, one lined replies or attacks on poster or other shall be reported.

That has been done in abundance in this thread, so I find your generalizing statement quite offensive.

It is statements such as the one in italic above that leads people to label you as hateful and racist. You may not agree, but it's an example of such behavior. Another would be the prejudice, rude and condescending tone in several of your relies to me.

Again no need to agree, but there's your examples. That said, there's several other posters in here who's way out of line, all of which have been reported at least once.

I'm not any more responsible for denouncing JBMallorys post, than you are for officially speak up against a random black criminal or racist. I've reported posts, according to guideline, as you should do too.

That said, I fully expect this post to be deleted as well (if there ever is a cleanup in this thread) as it doesn't deal with the original topic.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:34 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,720,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Your concluding sentence (even with the word 'polarization' spelled wrong) indicates that whites aren't the only ones carrying around mindsets. That goes two ways, which you've just proved magnificently.
and what is the significance of the word not being spelled correctly?

All majority black major cities were once majority white. Our "Mindset" was integration....your mindset was evacuation. This phenomenon of segregation in no way works both ways.....in degree...but only in kind. History clearly demonstrates this.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:44 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,863,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
Sub Forum guidelines dictates that posts that are flaming, one lined replies or attacks on poster or other shall be reported.

That has been done in abundance in this thread, so I find your generalizing statement quite offensive.

It is statements such as the one in italic above that leads people to label you as hateful and racist. You may not agree, but it's an example of such behavior. Another would be the prejudice, rude and condescending tone in several of your relies to me.

Again no need to agree, but there's your examples. That said, there's several other posters in here who's way out of line, all of which have been reported at least once.

I'm not any more responsible for denouncing JBMallorys post, than you are for officially speak up against a random black criminal or racist. I've reported posts, according to guideline, as you should do too.

That said, I fully expect this post to be deleted as well (if there ever is a cleanup in this thread) as it doesn't deal with the original topic.

This thread should have never made it past page one, and talking about mods and what they should and shouldn't do is also against the TOS, but it doesn't help the point of what IS is on this board to do. He has succeeded.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:

No...I am not talking about HIDDEN dissaproval. I am talking about people POSTING displeasure in what they are saying. Why do you have to HIDE your dissproval? Why can't you report it and WRITE it.....like I am sure is done against what I write. I NEVER report anything anyone says....I am not into censorship. I want to KNOW what people really think and I cannot do that by attempting to condemn that which I don't like to here.

Yes...but threads that attack blacks can go on and on.....forever....and you will rarely, if ever, read another white poster condemn them. The condemnation ONLY starts when a black person comes in to defend black folks....by demonstrating the history of white folks.....then, and only then, you want the topic to be closed! People in hiding don't like being exposed. It makes them angry.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
This thread should have never made it past page one, and talking about mods and what they should and shouldn't do is also against the TOS, but it doesn't help the point of what IS is on this board to do. He has succeeded.
When the moderators fail to do the job they're set to do, I don't have any problem voicing my concern about that, if that's a problem I'm more than happy to discuss it with the (atm) one functioning (or lack thereof) moderator of Great Debates.

As for your comments about the thread, I disagree, I think it's an interesting issue, how it's being presented leaves something to be desired at times.

It maintained a certain level of focus for an impressive amount of time, considering some of the posts in here.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
No...I am not talking about HIDDEN dissaproval. I am talking about people POSTING displeasure in what they are saying. Why do you have to HIDE your dissproval? Why can't you report it and WRITE it.....like I am sure is done against what I write. I NEVER report anything anyone says....I am not into censorship. I want to KNOW what people really think and I cannot do that by attempting to condemn that which I don't like to here.
I don't hide my disapproval, again, you jump to conclusions based on things I haven't written.

I report it, according to the guidelines of this sub forum. I'm not into censorship myself, but the point of this sub forum is to maintain a higher level than for instance Politics and Controversies.

Getting into petty fights with posters who has nothing to contribute other than ignorance, personal attacks and other flaming statements with no relevance to the original topic is something I don't see much point in.

The only reason I said anything about you is because you specifically asked for it. Other than that I find that my descriptions of you nor other posters been held to a minimum. (I am aware I've mentioned your posting attitude earlier in the thread, but only because I felt it relevant to the debate).

Quote:
Yes...but threads that attack blacks can go on and on.....forever....and you will rarely, if ever, read another white poster condemn them. The condemnation ONLY starts when a black person comes in to defend black folks....by demonstrating the history of white folks.....then, and only then, you want the topic to be closed! People in hiding don't like being exposed. It makes them angry.
I'm not responsible for other posters opinions or posts, I'd ask you to show me enough respect to honor that.

I've never asked for thread closure.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:12 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,282,201 times
Quote:

Yes...but threads that attack blacks can go on and on.....forever....and you
Quote:
will rarely, if ever, read another white poster condemn them
. The condemnation ONLY starts when a black person comes in to defend black folks....by demonstrating the history of white folks.....then, and only then, you want the topic to be closed! People in hiding don't like being exposed. It makes them angry.
It is because most white people know the truth that blacks refuse to accept.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I don't hide my disapproval, again, you jump to conclusions based on things I haven't written.

I report it, according to the guidelines of this sub forum. I'm not into censorship myself, but the point of this sub forum is to maintain a higher level than for instance Politics and Controversies.

Getting into petty fights with posters who has nothing to contribute other than ignorance, personal attacks and other flaming statements with no relevance to the original topic is something I don't see much point in.

The only reason I said anything about you is because you specifically asked for it. Other than that I find that my descriptions of you nor other posters been held to a minimum. (I am aware I've mentioned your posting attitude earlier in the thread, but only because I felt it relevant to the debate).

I'm not responsible for other posters opinions or posts, I'd ask you to show me enough respect to honor that.

I've never asked for thread closure.
If you want me to respect you....direct me to the post where you or other whites are condemning what whites are saying about blacks...you butted into an assertion to that intent. So if you want my respect then you need to demonstrate a repudiation of my claim. Show me where another white poster has been jumped and condemened for what they imply or say about blacks....relative to how I have been condemened. furthermore, demonstrate my TONE. How do you know what my tone is? Do you suspect that there might be a cultural difference here between us? I am hardly angry or mad or anything of the sort......so what makes people glean such?

Old 05-18-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
It is because most white people know the truth that blacks refuse to accept.
And I accept that....which is why those "white superiority" TRUTHS....make such whites racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates