Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2010, 09:05 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You are 100% correct. I have experienced this pattern on every single forum that I have partaken with white posters.
Here's a little heads up for ya, Bubba. It's YOUR attitude and approach. It happens everywhere you go. Wow, big surprise!

You pulled the same crap on this thread. You STARTED with a flagrant, racist accusation, then went downhill from there.

And, as I'm sure is always the case with you, it's ALWAYS Ole Whitey's fault.

Ridiculous.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:08 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Actually, what is interesting to me is that the WHITE people here are saying that blacks are equal, and fully capable of the same accomplishments as whites.

It's the BLACKS here who are saying the same accomplishments are NOT possible.

So what does that say about your own attitudes about yourselves?
Exactly.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:08 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Their arguments clearly have major and minor premises that infer the conclusion of black inferiority. However, being a racist is a pejorative that will bring a stain upon their image. They are smart enough to know what terms and statements will clearly expose them, so they avoid them. Not being racist in their mind is not being dumb enough to say something obviously racist. Thus, they beat around the bush and play these “catch me if you can” pompous and arrogant games born from the smugness of their domination and control.
Good grief! It is YOU (and a fellow black person or two) who keeps saying that blacks cannot accomplish the same thing as whites. It's YOU who is saying that blacks are inferior!

So us "racist whites" keep saying that blacks are NOT inferior and can accomplish the same things whites can, but we're somehow derogatory and racist for saying so.

And by the way, nice use (again) of your hate-filled racist CRAP in that last sentence. You really ought to be ashamed of yourself! You are a disgrace to intelligent, successful Black Americans. Shame on you!

Old 05-18-2010, 09:16 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Good grief! It is YOU (and a fellow black person or two) who keeps saying that blacks cannot accomplish the same thing as whites. It's YOU who is saying that blacks are inferior!

So us "racist whites" keep saying that blacks are NOT inferior and can accomplish the same things whites can, but we're somehow derogatory and racist for saying so.

And by the way, nice use (again) of your hate-filled racist CRAP in that last sentence. You really ought to be ashamed of yourself! You are a disgrace to intelligent, successful Black Americans. Shame on you!
I could not have described this bizzaro nightmare of a thread better. I still really think IS sounds like Oswald Bates.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:21 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,415,339 times
Quote:
Actually, what is interesting to me is that the WHITE people here are saying that blacks are equal, and fully capable of the same accomplishments as whites.

So, so true. It makes me sick seeing how many black people wat to hold themselves back with this defeatist, self-segregationist, FEAR-based mentality that so many "black leaders" like to push. This isn't 1960 anymore. Nothing is holding us back. We have a (half) black president, black senators, attorney generals, supreme court justices, business leaders, and scientists. We even have hiring practices that promote diversity. When are people going to get over slavery, Jim Crow, etc., forgive, forget, and move FORWARD?!?! The "white man" is not holding you back, you are holding YOURSELF back.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:00 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:

LOL....cognitive dissonance at its finest....lol. That makes no sense logically. If whites are arguing that blacks are EQUAL and as Capable as whites......then how in the heck do you explain why black poverty, unemployment, wealth, violence....have greatly different rates from whites? People with equal capacities and abilities would produce equal results....unless otherwise damaged by outside influence.....which whites have been arguing is not the case.

Its like a make and model of a car. Is a make and model with bad quality and performance reviews the result of poor maintenance and treatment by its owner.....or is it a manufactured defect in the model? Essentially whites are arguing that there is a manufacturing/design defect in black people......and not poor maintance and treatment by the society.....that accounts for the lower performance of blacks. Blacks here have defended THE MAKE AND MODEL. We have argued that the MAKE AND MODEL is equal in design and engineering than all others and that the reason that the MAKE and MODEL does not peform as well as others is because it was not maintained equal to the way the other MAKES AND MODELS were maintained. When you argue that the poor relative performance IS NOT the result of a difference in maintenance......then you are IMPLICITLY arguing that it is a MANUFACTURED DEFECT. Its only a binary option. Either its mainenance or manufacturing/design. Whites cannot logically argue that its not maintenance.....then at the same time fiend that they believe the Make and Model was manufactured and enginereed equal to higher peforming models. That makes no sense at all. Stop playing games with yourself......see the ugliness within.

Yes.....that was the point of this thread. The transference of 300 years of the doctrine of white supremacy and black inferiority is a mindset that has transfered from whites...to many blacks as well. What do you think that the video is demonstrating? ITs the reaction to centuries of racist actions. I am preeching that the black make and model of humanity is manufactured and desgined by THE CREATOR fully capable of achieving anything that other makes and model of humanity that THE CREATON designed. Our performance as a people is not a flaw in design......but the product of poor treatment and maintance by a racist society....and for which society has NEVER taken in for repair....and hence the poor performance continues.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 05-19-2010 at 04:34 AM..

Old 05-19-2010, 04:49 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times
Quote:
Do you think that there is a higher probability that victimized groups would see themselves as "victims" more than groups that were not victimized the same in degree or kind? I noticed that pattarn...but for the life of me....it just makes no sense. I mean....who would think a victimized group, according to history, would feel like they were victims. That just does not make any sense at all.
You are correct, but after a while, calling ones self a victim becomes a habit.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:21 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times
Quote:
LOL....cognitive dissonance at its finest....lol. That makes no sense logically. If whites are arguing that blacks are EQUAL and as Capable as whites......then how in the heck do you explain why black poverty, unemployment, wealth, violence....have greatly different rates from whites? People with equal capacities and abilities would produce equal results....unless otherwise damaged by outside influence.....which whites have been arguing is not the case.

Its like a make and model of a car. Is a make and model with bad quality and performance reviews the result of poor maintenance and treatment by its owner.....or is it a manufactured defect in the model? Essentially whites are arguing that there is a manufacturing/design defect in black people......and not poor maintance and treatment by the society.....that accounts for the lower performance of blacks. Blacks here have defended THE MAKE AND MODEL.
Quote:
We have argued that the MAKE AND MODEL is equal in design and engineering
than all others and that the reason that the MAKE and MODEL does not peform as well as others is because it was not maintained equal to the way the other MAKES AND MODELS were maintained. When you argue that the poor relative performance IS NOT the result of a difference in maintenance......then you are IMPLICITLY arguing that it is a MANUFACTURED DEFECT. Its only a binary option. Either its mainenance or manufacturing/design. Whites cannot logically argue that its not maintenance.....then at the same time fiend that they believe the Make and Model was manufactured and enginereed equal to higher peforming models. That makes no sense at all. Stop playing games with yourself......see the ugliness within.

Yes.....that was the point of this thread. The transference of 300 years of the doctrine of white supremacy and black inferiority is a mindset that has transfered from whites...to many blacks as well. What do you think that the video is demonstrating? ITs the reaction to centuries of racist actions. I am preeching that the black make and model of humanity is manufactured and desgined by THE CREATOR fully capable of achieving anything that other makes and model of humanity that THE CREATON designed. Our performance as a people is not a flaw in design......but the product of poor treatment and maintance by a racist society....and for which society has NEVER taken in for repair....and hence the poor performance continues.
It looks like blacks are losing the argument. What will be the excuse, 20, 30, 50 yrs from now when blacks still have not reached equality. Will you still blame whitey for years of oppression? I think it may be found, some in the black community are ineducable and this segment is what is holding the entire black community back. Until this segment realizes this and takes their proper place in society, they will be doomed to a thug life style. If they are not smart enough to hold down a job, it seems they turn to dealing drugs and take a free ride courtesy of Uncle Sam.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:25 AM

1,132 posts, read 1,939,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
You are correct, but after a while, calling ones self a victim becomes a habit.
And it works it's way in a circle. If you continue to label yourself a victim, you start to think like a victim, make decisions like a victim, which leads you to continue to be a victim. Nobody else can get you out of that cycle. You have to do it yourself.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:28 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,859,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This is the classic example of a White person who refuses to acknowledge and "deal with" the Black intellectual on equal footing.

Black intelligence is always met with bigoted ignorance. As an educated Black person I have encountered many Whites who are not comfortable when they are faced with intelligent Black people. They typically attempt to "undermine" the Black person with racist humor and stereotypical racial mockery.

I notice that it is rare for other Whites to "scold" White posters for blatantly racist remarks. This thread has done nothing but comfirm the utter contempt that all too many Whites have against Black Americans. We, as Black Americans, need to recognize that this is their "norm" that we must fight to rise above. The only way to deal with their ignorance is to be 10 times better at everything we aspire to be. We are better than this type of buffoonery from them.
So you're saying, any time a white person is met with a black person of measurable intelligence, whiteys jump around, fingertips in armpits making monkey noises? Perhaps your lack of common sense here explains why nobody has done that to you? You, PL, and IS all deserve each other in the "poor poor pitiful blacks aren't as equal as whites, but whites who say otherwise are racist" section of this forum. Perhaps you should ask for a special forum where you can whine and cry about whitey in the fashion of affirmative action?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.