Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 09:21 AM

568 posts, read 961,966 times

Advertisements

There are alot of invasive species coming over from the tsunami....we havent seen anything yet meaning get ready for a holocaust on all kinds of native plants, fish and distruction of the eco system.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:12 AM

998 posts, read 1,215,085 times
Moderator cut: ToS violation

Our EPA Has killed More People Than Our Wars & Oil Companies!

The EPA is an idealogical movement not based on scientific facts but based solely on fear propaganda. The EPA was started by lies published in Rachel Carson's book "Silent Spring" Rachel Carson's biggest lie was that DDT was killing the American Bald Eagles. The EPA was created because of this book. They then used the EPA to ban DDT. This DDT ban killed over 60 million people. Liberal propaganda has killed more people than all wars ever fought. Lies in Rachel Carson's book "Silent Spring"

Now that the fear based DDT propaganda has been exposed, the DDT ban has been lifted proving that the EPA is nothing more than a political propaganda tool used to control people. Most of our jobs have been shipped out of this country thanks solely to the EPA.

Al Gore says in his introduction to the 1992 edition of her book "For me personally, Silent Spring had a profound impact ... Indeed, Rachel Carson was one of the reasons that I became so conscious of the environment and so involved with environmental issues ... Carson has had as much or more effect on me than any, and perhaps than all of them together."

Last edited by MissingAll4Seasons; 07-26-2012 at 05:26 AM.. Reason: Dicussing moderation action is not allowed

Old 07-26-2012, 09:24 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,193,209 times
The EPA started out with a noble cause, clean up the environment which it has in the past 40 years.

The air and water standards have vastly improved but I question why we now have to spend millions and billions of dollars in this next phase and will lay of hundreds of thousands of workers, close plants and decimate communities all for a miniscule return.

The EPA has done it's job, now it's time to disband it...

Old 07-26-2012, 09:51 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,944,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
The EPA has done it's job, now it's time to disband it...
Or at least limit it's power expansion by enforcing adherence to the original charter and intent. I feel this way about MANY of the governmental regulatory agencies... they've just gone too far and have grossly overstepped the original limits of their authority.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:50 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,741,834 times
This answer on Wiki made me smile...This would all depend on the type of pesticide that you are using and what it is labeled for; Acaricide kills mites, Algicide kills algae, Avicide kills birds, Bactericide kills bacteria, Fungicide kills fungi,Herbicides kills weeds, Insecticides kills insects, Lapricide kills lamprey, Miticide likks mites, Molluscicide kills snails and slugs, Nematicide kills nematodoes, Piscicide kills fish, Rodenticides kills rats and mice.

Read more: What pests do pesticides kill.

wouldnt it be better to say that all these pesticides that can knock out all these different things, are causing serious illness to us too..Crop spraying is still done in some parts of the world causing terrible illnesses to humans.. not to mention the fluoridated water... Remember too that we have to eat everything thats sprayed with all of these things.. I read about a small island that was infested with rats and they dropped rodenticides over the area from a helicopter.. and guess what.. all the birds and insects died.. who are these supposedly clever scientists and government officials who make this crazy decisions..all that was left would have been like Chernobyl, where nothing grew and no one could live.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:59 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
This answer on Wiki made me smile...This would all depend on the type of pesticide that you are using and what it is labeled for; Acaricide kills mites, Algicide kills algae, Avicide kills birds, Bactericide kills bacteria, Fungicide kills fungi,Herbicides kills weeds, Insecticides kills insects, Lapricide kills lamprey, Miticide likks mites, Molluscicide kills snails and slugs, Nematicide kills nematodoes, Piscicide kills fish, Rodenticides kills rats and mice.

Read more: What pests do pesticides kill.

wouldnt it be better to say that all these pesticides that can knock out all these different things, are causing serious illness to us too..Crop spraying is still done in some parts of the world causing terrible illnesses to humans.. not to mention the fluoridated water... Remember too that we have to eat everything thats sprayed with all of these things.. I read about a small island that was infested with rats and they dropped rodenticides over the area from a helicopter.. and guess what.. all the birds and insects died.. who are these supposedly clever scientists and government officials who make this crazy decisions..all that was left would have been like Chernobyl, where nothing grew and no one could live.
without evidence, no. it would be ridiculous to just assume that is the case.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:32 AM

998 posts, read 1,215,085 times
Government Enviro Wacko Scientist caused drought, desertification, global warming & nearly killed the planet. They are trying to spin it, but you will be hearing more about it soon. An environmentalist was trying to explain how grazing herds will save the planet to Bill Maher last night on his show & Bill said I don't understand what you are saying. Governments turned the majority of the lush green lands onto national parks. They then turned them into CO2 releasing, non methane trapping, planet warming, deserts that have changed our climate. They are blaming your air conditioner & your car for something they did.

Activist Scientist Caused Global Warming

Old 04-15-2013, 10:17 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,171,679 times
I'm a biologist who has worked on conservation issues and co-authored one of the state wildlife conservations reports mandated by Congress earlier this decade. If people are that concerned about birds, they should be trying to educate cat owners about the tens of millions of songbirds that outdoor cats kill every year. When I visited Australia years ago, one of the naturalists I spoke to said that cats are responsible for the extinction or severe population declines of many native marsupials including several species of bandicoots.

It's always unfortunate when some non-target species are harmed by well-intentioned practices, but there are much greater threats to biodiversity right under our noses.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:42 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,534,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
Moderator cut: inflammatory

from USDA Admits Exterminating Birds, Crops, and Bees | World Truth.TV
A Nebraska farmer was apparently complaining that the starlings were defecating in his feed meal. The answer to this conundrum apparently isn’t to cover your feed meal but rather call the USDA and ask them to poison thousands of birds. The USDA complied, apparently agreeing this was a brilliant idea. So they put out a poison called DRC-1339 and allowed thousands of birds to feed on that poison.

Good, starlings are an invasive species that needs to be controlled, yes some got caught up in the drag net, but in the long run they will have less competition from starlings for the natural food.
The more starlings they get rid of, the better! Back in the 70s starlings were a big deal. Didn't matter where they were, sitting on downtown buildings, trees in the park, lawn or farm etc, these thousands of birds were defecating all over the place. Many people were getting histoplasmosis from the feces. A friend of mine in college said histoplasmosis is an illness that affects the lungs. You know the feeling when you're in deep water in the pool and it's hard to breath because of the pressure on your lungs? That's how it feels for her every day.
The way to get rid of these birds was to wait till cool weather, wait for the starlings to gather in the trees at night, then spray the trees with Tergitol. That dissolves the protective layer off the birds' feathers that repels water. By doing this, the birds get wet, the cold weather hits, and they die. Thousands of birds were killed all over western Kentucky using this method. Good riddance!

Old 04-23-2013, 05:31 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,240 times
Your complaining about Bill Clinton killing birds, when GW Bush killed people. (But the conservative loving media, never talked about it.)

When GW Bush allowed powerplants to let out more pollution, it killed 1,000's of people a year, and made 100,000's of people unable to breath because of asthma. (The asthma affects children the hardest.)

(You only need to read the 1st paragraph in the following source.)
Bush Administration Eases Air Pollution Controls

(The last paragraph in the following source, explains the people killed by these powerplants.)
Power to Kill - Clean Air Task Force (CATF)

(Pages 1-4 in the following source, explains the whole issue in more detail.)
http://www.hiddenmysteries.org/healt...owertokill.pdf

(Perhaps this source will show the big picture.)
Changing All the Rules - NYTimes.com

Bill Clinton kills birds, GW Bush kills people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living