Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 02:59 AM

9,361 posts, read 14,304,816 times

Advertisements

Animal "protection" is a noble cause, but it may not be the most noble cause, and pompous arrogance certainly isn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 07:16 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,916,627 times
No thanks.

There are plenty of human beings who suffer. I have limited time and energy to put towards various causes. I'd much rather spend my energy helping people who suffer than helping animals.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:40 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Hey guys, I doubt she will be back but perhaps we should ease up on the OP and try a gentler approach. I don't believe the OP is an adult or a troll, I think she sounds like an immature young teen.

I'm thinking she is what I call a "Bambi kid", a sheltered city bred youngster with misguided and unrealistic ideals (maybe watching too many Disney animated movies) and with little to no real life education nor personal experience with animals and other aspects of nature.

The OPs statements certainly lend credence to your theory of lack of experience in the real world. " Bambi kid" is as apt a term as any. Unfortunately it is this type of person that often ends up on the receiving end of an animal trying to approach it when it is more than wise to steer clear.

It's almost as if they expect the animal to realize they mean no harm and it will then stand down its guard. This has resulted in many a mauling stomping and goring over time. With both wild and domestic animals.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:49 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,670,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAICHEN1988 View Post
I have got empathy for animals since I was a child. When I was growing up, my faith and values changed several times, but my love and empathy for animals never changed. Now I already know that animal protection is the most noble cause.

Below is a brief summary of my animal protection principles.

We must protect animals.

Like human beings, animals have consciousness and feeling, and can experience suffering and happiness.

No one wants suffering, and neither do animals. This is a sufficient reason to protect animals.

We do not advocate "protecting plants".

Plants do not have brain or nerve, so they never have any consciousness or feeling at all.

Therefore, in terms of morality, it is not necessary to protect plants.

We do not advocate "protecting mosquitoes".

Vertebrate animals, especially mammals and birds, have developed advanced nervous systems, therefore having strong feeling and consciousness.

However, most invertebrates, such as insects, only have a very simple nervous system, which means that their feeling and consciousness are very weak.

We must not kill animals, even though animals keep killing each other.

If a child who is three or four years old killed a man, you cannot condemn the child, because it knows nothing. Similarly, animals should not be condemned for killing others, because animals have low intelligence and cannot understand that their behaviors bring suffering to other individuals. In fact, many animals have the same intelligence level as a child.

However, adult humans' intelligence is high enough for them to know that their behaviors may bring suffering to other individuals. Therefore, for adult humans, doing such behaviors is obviously evil.

We must not follow the law of nature.

The natural law that allows the stronger ones to prey upon the weaker ones runs counter to human morality. If not, there would be no need to protect the disadvantaged groups.

The laws of nature are brutal, but human morality is empathetic. Human beings must fight against the brutality and stop the killing.

We should be more concerned about animals than people.

The suffering and misery faced by animals are far more severe than people's hardship. At least the people are not being murdered or tortured.

Moreover, humans can be good or evil, but animals are all innocent and lovable, just like children.

Rich people and elites have strong power, but always squander the power on luxurious lives and meaningless faiths. I will be the owner of power, and use the power to make the greatest contribution to animal protection.

I doubt she'll be back, but what's with the "We?"

Speak for yourself. Most people don't share these views.

Old 01-12-2019, 10:17 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
It is interesting to me the animal rights activists often advocate the extinction of many types of animals. Cows, pigs, chickens, exist only so we can eat them. IF we did not raise them for food, they would cease to exist.

BTW OP if you turn up again, They are finding that plant likely do have a nervous system and possibly feelings, it is just different from what animals have.

Not all animals are innocent and lovable. They can be nasty and even evil. Apparently you know nothing about raccoons. Or cats for that matter.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:50 PM

7,774 posts, read 6,383,187 times
Rattlesnake tastes just like chicken.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
Rattlesnake tastes just like chicken.

MMMM. Snakes . Ya know they get an undeserved bad rap. If a person is a sneaky, backstabbing , devious type they get labeled a "snake." In reality snakes are very honest critters. You know going in exactly where you stand and what's on the critters mind. Push your luck and yer gonna get bit.

So, I label the aforementioned creeper types as "rats." THAT'S a nasty, sneaky , filthy critter. And snakes take them out.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:13 AM

7,253 posts, read 5,126,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post

So, I label the aforementioned creeper types as "rats." THAT'S a nasty, sneaky , filthy critter.

May be so, but it's kinda like the old adage about being nice to your kids cuz they'll be the ones choosing your nursing home some day-- rats, as the ultimate genetic generalist, will be the ultimate savior of Class Mammalia should (when) a Great Extinction ever occur again.

Nice thing about snake meat-- very l-o-o-ong prime rib.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
May be so, but it's kinda like the old adage about being nice to your kids cuz they'll be the ones choosing your nursing home some day-- rats, as the ultimate genetic generalist, will be the ultimate savior of Class Mammalia should (when) a Great Extinction ever occur again.

Nice thing about snake meat-- very l-o-o-ong prime rib.

There's a little diddy bout the ultimate extinction. "Here's to neighbor coyote. Who'll outlive the earth wind and sky. He'll be here long after we've parted. Like the scorpion rat and the fly." I suppose the cockroach could be tossed in there.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:42 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
I cant think of one thing the OP wrote that I agree with. I love cows and chickens and pigs and fish. They're all delicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living