Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 11:52 AM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,160 times

Advertisements

I havent read all of the post on here but I read an article a week or two ago that said scientist finally found out that an insecticide used on corn seeds has been killing off the bees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 01:24 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,369,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
I havent read all of the post on here but I read an article a week or two ago that said scientist finally found out that an insecticide used on corn seeds has been killing off the bees.
To put it more accurately, they THINK there MIGHT be a connection.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:38 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
To put it more accurately, they THINK there MIGHT be a connection.
along with cell phones, viruses, parasitic mites, global warming, tiny defective insectoid GPS units, ad nauseum.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:21 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,369,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
along with cell phones, viruses, parasitic mites, global warming, tiny defective insectoid GPS units, ad nauseum.
I'm still waiting to meet some of these people with cell-phone shaped tumors on their heads, right around their ears.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:14 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,598,804 times
I have to speak on this subject because I have learned from personal experience which I will go into in a minute. All living creatures on this earth have a symbiotic relationship with one another. That includes the plants, animals, insects and humans. But the commericial industry has either failed to understand or care about that relationship for economic gain and control. We can send a man to the moon and to "take pictures" but no NOTHING about the plants and creatures that sustain us

I bought a home in 2009 with a terrible backyard with only grass and dirt patches in it. I decided to begin composting the second year and used only natural organic fertilizer, pesticides, soil amendements such as corn gluten, neem and garlic oil and soil bacteria, milk and mollasses. I did this for two Fall seasons and then added native perennials and even allowed so called "weeds" to grow in their chosen place. In 2010, I placed a square foot garden in the sunniest area, added a couple of chickens and a beehive in 2011. Neither the bees nor the chicken get medicated but I use herbs and essential oils for treating them. Now in the Spring of 2012, I have now discovered how all of my plants have quadrupled in size!!! Yes, not doubled but quadrupled!!! The plants I planted from quart size containers are at minimum 4 feet across and 3 feet tall; those from the pint size are about a 8"to 10" across and that's no lie!!! Already growing I have large strawberries, blackberry shrub is FULL of riping berries, the Swiss Chard that survived the winter has leaves big enough to cover your face, watermelon seeds have began to grow like crazy, even a couple of cilantro and basil seeds made it through the winter and are growing strong!!! It all about a symbiotic relationship...the foundation, which is the soil, must be conditioned to support the plants. The "native" plants and vegetables and fruit then provide the bees with nectar for their hives. The flower benefit from the bees' pollunation which yeilds larger fruits and vegetables. The weeds and some produce are fed to the chickens and the waste of the chickens are placed back into the compost bins which the bacteria, fungi and other insects help it decompose to be replaced back into the soil. All this occurred in less than 3 years in my own backyard!!

I am very angry at this point because I had NO idea this was possible in such a very short period of time!.. I (we) have been brainwashed by the commercial industry. Let me conclude by saying that we need to get back to our grassroots of understanding nature and grow your own garden and animals and insects. I was recently told that the government is passing laws so you don't grow your own food in your own yard; now how crazy it THAT!!!! But I guess they know if you control the food, that you also control the person's health.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:01 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
wait a sec.. you're 'very angry' because you succeeded beyond your wildest dreams?

Old 04-23-2012, 01:35 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,519,187 times
One word:

Monsanto.

Most evil corporation on the planet by far, and their practices have the potential to kill us all if we don't stop them, and soon.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:49 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,598,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
wait a sec.. you're 'very angry' because you succeeded beyond your wildest dreams?
No, I am angry of the years of commercial advertising and lies that made us believe the opposite. That we must use commercial pesticides, fertilizers, and food stuff in order to do the things that are actually our God given ability for our bodies to do. This is even true in the medical field. Doctors telling us the meds we need to take when our bodies if given the right foods can heal or prevent the majority of illnesses. Want to get well try some REAL bee honey; not honey syrup. Honey has at least four vitamins and other enzymes in it. Did you know that dandelion is one of the first nectar source for bees in the Spring and also detoxifies our liver if we use it as a herb yet commercial weed killers have taught us to destroy these types of "weeds"? The pollen helps with allergies if bought locally, the wax has antimicrobial properties in it...yes I took some (the dark brown wax) and chewed on it and began to feel a mild numbing sensation in my mouth. I had no idea!!! Bees are one of the most organized, the cleanest and cooperative group of insects out there. We as humans could learn a lot from them IMHO

Last edited by eyewrist; 04-23-2012 at 04:57 PM..

Old 04-26-2012, 06:24 AM

4,212 posts, read 3,758,240 times
If read several articles in the past that have linked the death of honey bees to cell phones as well. They have already killed the majority of the human population (if you look around everyone seems to be a zombie walking around enslaved to their smartphones, but thats another topic). Why would it be hard to believe that cell phones woul dbe causing this? Scientists have sadi that they emit doses of radiation and could be linked to future problems in humans so why not be able to kill a small bee.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:43 AM

1,859 posts, read 5,026,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
I'm still waiting to meet some of these people with cell-phone shaped tumors on their heads, right around their ears.
My wife had a friend from college whose husband died in 2006 from a brain tumor that originated behind his ear - he was in his early 30s. He talked on his cell phone constantly, the doctors never said for sure that was the cause, but that it was a distinct possibility. I try to use speaker function on my phone as much as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living