Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 09:25 AM

30 posts, read 31,884 times

Advertisements

If its yellow, let it mellow.. If its brown, flush it down...
Anyone else leave a couple a browns hangin around to save water?

Living alone, has its benefits.

Old 01-18-2021, 12:48 PM

4,717 posts, read 3,268,961 times
Nope- eventually the bowl gets discolored and needs cleaning.

Old 01-18-2021, 08:11 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times

No. Do you think because it's sitting in water that it's safe to leave it there in the toilet bowl? It is not safe.

Go ask a REAL doctor about the plumes of evaporated fecal bacteria that come from water that has feces sitting fermenting in the water. The bacteria gets into the air and onto every surface in the bathroom, including on you, in your eyes and inside your mouth and lungs. And then when you finally do flush the toilet the disturbed water sends even bigger plumes into the air.

If you need to save water there are other ways to deal safely with your feces but leaving it sitting in water in the bathroom is not one of those ways.

You've said you have a husband, so if that's true you aren't living alone and you could be infecting each other with fecal bacteria and gastrointestinal parasite eggs coming from both of you.

Last edited by Zoisite; 01-18-2021 at 08:24 PM..

Old 01-18-2021, 08:56 PM

61,723 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Probably much better to get a dual flush toilet.

Someone did the math here:
https://frugalasianfinance.com/2017/...s-it-worth-it/

Old 01-18-2021, 11:04 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMary100 View Post
If its yellow, let it mellow.. If its brown, flush it down...
Anyone else leave a couple a browns hangin around to save water?

Living alone, has its benefits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
... You've said you have a husband, so if that's true you aren't living alone and you could be infecting each other with fecal bacteria and gastrointestinal parasite eggs coming from both of you.
I live alone most of the time, but I do take the time to FLUSH THE TOILET after I use it. (What an idea!)

OP, you've mentioned a husband (as the other poster pointed out) and say "we" instead of "I" in a lot of your posts. So why did you say here that you live alone?

A lot of your posts are quite odd ...

Old 01-19-2021, 04:22 AM

Couple a browns hanging around for a day or two never hurt anyone. Be honest?

Old 01-19-2021, 04:48 AM

61,723 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Couple a browns hanging around for a day or two never hurt anyone. Be honest?
That's what YOU do?
The smell doesn't bother you?

Old 01-19-2021, 05:41 AM

I have my own bathroom / toilet and the bathroom door is always closed.
The toilet is in a window'd room with the window open all the time. There is no smell, other than the initial letting go. And, the smell is something I observe too.. A healthy poop has a sweet, clean smell and it should be pleasant to the deficate'r
I like to leave a few hanging around in there to save water / money and its interesting to observe them and see what one looks like in comparison to the last. Things fall apart fast because I eat lots of fruit. When I eat meat, they stay bound together. Look, Im a curious frugal person and I am always looking to learn something new.

Old 01-19-2021, 05:52 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,053,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

No. Do you think because it's sitting in water that it's safe to leave it there in the toilet bowl? It is not safe.

Go ask a REAL doctor about the plumes of evaporated fecal bacteria that come from water that has feces sitting fermenting in the water. The bacteria gets into the air and onto every surface in the bathroom, including on you, in your eyes and inside your mouth and lungs. And then when you finally do flush the toilet the disturbed water sends even bigger plumes into the air.

I was just wondering about this the other day. If the "spray from flushed toilets" is true, why do medical centers have toilets with NO lids?

Old 01-19-2021, 06:13 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,435,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I was just wondering about this the other day. If the "spray from flushed toilets" is true, why do medical centers have toilets with NO lids?
They break easy and often; people don't want to touch them and will kick them open, etc... If you're concerned, hold your breath.
Quote:
I have my own bathroom / toilet and the bathroom door is always closed.
The toilet is in a window'd room with the window open all the time. There is no smell, other than the initial letting go. And, the smell is something I observe too.. A healthy poop has a sweet, clean smell and it should be pleasant to the deficate'r
I like to leave a few hanging around in there to save water / money and its interesting to observe them and see what one looks like in comparison to the last. Things fall apart fast because I eat lots of fruit. When I eat meat, they stay bound together. Look, Im a curious frugal person and I am always looking to learn something new.
People ask about the difference between frugal and cheap. That's the living embodiment of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living