Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2007, 10:21 AM

11 posts, read 125,735 times

Advertisements

I see on here that a lot of you have relocated. I guess I am wondering what you did first to relcate: find a job, or sell your house? Both are pretty major things, and unless you have the luxury of being able to sell your house, move to NC and then find a job, it seems tough! Just some insight into how some of you did it would be helpful. I don't think that it would take too long to sell my house, you just never know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 09:02 PM

4 posts, read 14,980 times
It is always smart to have a job lined up first, in some cases that may not be.
Putting your house on the market after you sniffed out all of your areas of desire and where you want to relocate to.

A lot of people I deal with usually come here and find an area that excites them, then they go home and put current home on the market and we start researching homes to chose from and poss put in a contingent offer if something is found and current home is not sold yet.

The employment part is a little harder due to the fact that some don't know their current time line to give future employer.

I suggest finding an area of desire, putting current house on market, then finding your new home in desired location, and lastly I would suggest finding employment hence giving yourself one to two weeks to settle in before starting new employment. I have not seen too many people in this area have a hard time finding work if they really want it and are ready for the challenge, we are always in search of good people who really want to work.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:13 PM

222 posts, read 937,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS1 View Post
It is always smart to have a job lined up first, in some cases that may not be.
Putting your house on the market after you sniffed out all of your areas of desire and where you want to relocate to.

A lot of people I deal with usually come here and find an area that excites them, then they go home and put current home on the market and we start researching homes to chose from and poss put in a contingent offer if something is found and current home is not sold yet.

The employment part is a little harder due to the fact that some don't know their current time line to give future employer.

I suggest finding an area of desire, putting current house on market, then finding your new home in desired location, and lastly I would suggest finding employment hence giving yourself one to two weeks to settle in before starting new employment. I have not seen too many people in this area have a hard time finding work if they really want it and are ready for the challenge, we are always in search of good people who really want to work.

Off topic....

gosh crs1, in what area do you hire since you are looking for hard workers? I'd like to let my friends know that have been looking for a job for a while. Thanks!

Old 08-22-2007, 08:57 AM

26 posts, read 103,283 times
I agree with Flipster - I think the job market is a little tough here. Your finances may dictate what order you do this in. I found a job here first then rented for awhile here while waiting for my house to sell.

I would certainly look into how hard it may be to find a job in your profession. I think there are several factors you need to consider.

Good Luck!

Old 08-27-2007, 09:57 AM

36 posts, read 168,437 times
In our case, my husband put in for a transfer with his company. They approved his transfer and gave us a relocation package. Then we put our house on the market in N.J. and sold it. We then contacted a realtor, flew down to NC and bought a home here in Greensboro. We were lucky to sell our home quickly-I wouldn't buy anything without selling first, too risky unless you can afford a bridge loan for an uncertain amount of time. Good luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point