Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 07:49 AM

93 posts, read 393,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtnabuyer2 View Post
I have lived in it for just over 1 1/2 years, and I have had a lot of problems, and still do. Many of my neighbors have also had major issues with their home, and/or are completely aggravated with them. I am so frustrated with the company and the house that I have just created a web site of my own to share my complaints. I live in Robbins Brook, which was one of the first McCar developments in this area. Now I see them going up everywhere. The initial contact with McCar is great, but after the sale, their company lacks in many ways. Unfortunately, so do many of their contractors. If anyone is looking to buy a McCar home, I would recommend that you cruise the internet and read as much info as you can about this builder.
I'm finding that it depends on where you live as to whether or not your neighborhood will be a "hotbed" of problems. Unfortunately, we have a lot here. Then, you'll bump into someone that's been very fortunate and has no complaints. Doesn't matter really who you build with...this runs the gamut for all builders...you must be diligent. Diligence and perseverance will get you results. Unless you're nailing the nails into the sheetrock yourself...if someone else is doing it, they won't take the same careful attention as you would if you were doing it yourself. Which, is exactly why the next house I have will be built by my family. I've read that you get what you pay for...and that is absolutley true! I just have a hard time swallowing that a home that costs $250K is expected to be inferior in quality than a home that costs over $500K. To me, $250K is a heck of a lot of money. But, that's me. I wouldn't offer my reccomendations on this builder, either, but then, this is not the area I live in. So, it does stand to reason, for anyone looking at this builder, to ask the locals. And, by all means, as I've said before, take everything you read with a grain of salt. Some neighborhoods have great subs and great supers...so...they turn out a better product. Some don't...hence...the multitude of problems in a particular area.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:53 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
I have seen 2 ways to have a home built. My daughter bought in a large community in Charlotte and is finding it is difficult to get repairs done and when done the quality is not good. It seems the large tract builders are subing out the work to whoever will go, not the people who originally did the work. I am dealing with a local contractor who has been in Rowan county all his life and any issues that have occured the people that did the work come back to correct it. The quality and effort are there.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point