Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 11:23 AM

475 posts, read 902,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
If trying to capture my attention I understand, otherwise I don't see the need.
Agreed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 01:03 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,634,238 times
Minor League baseball...I prefer it over major leagues. Two great stadiums in the area.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:37 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,588,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
Minor League baseball...I prefer it over major leagues. Two great stadiums in the area.
Same here, can't stand MLB, but thoroughly enjoy watching the Hoppers play.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:36 AM

23 posts, read 67,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgiapeach View Post
I like being called names like that. A few years ago there was a southern lady who worked at the grocery store down the road, and called all her customers names like that, and ended up getting fired for it. People actually complained about her because she was too nice and didn't liked being called sweetheart and darlin. Isn't that awful? People around here are very introverted and conservative. I hate it. I can't wait to be around people who show affection in ther mannerisms.
I love it when people use words like dear, etc. But just one thing I hate being called is Ma'am! I prefer Miss, dear, darling, love etc. (I've been called all of those here!) Ma'am makes women feel old, though it doesn't bother me as much...maybe because I am getting older! I was in W/S and loved it!!! May move there very soon, seems very open and happy. Reminds a bit of Asheville and that is a plus for certain.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:41 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,584,449 times
People say Ma'am out of respect and politeness and one of reasons you will hear military using it.

I will say Ma'am no matter what the age of female is, my mom taught me from a young age. She told me it shows you have some raising.

Now far as thread topic what I love about the triad, is the laid back attitude, friendly and courtesy.
I grew up in Lexington, spent majority of my life there, I move away but somehow always end up back.
From growing up there I felt like I was in middle, the town doesnt have much but Winston or Greensboro where fun places to get away .
I love High Rock Lake I spent most of last summer weekends there.
One of things in Lexington you can go run an errand and be back home in 10 minutes.

I lived in Huntersville I was lucky to make two lights in five minutes.
The traffic in the triad the lack of it is so awesome.
It funny watching traffic reports here vs the ones I see in Charlotte.

I love also majority of population grew up in the Triad. Its good to be around natives or a trip depending on who lol

Old 05-09-2012, 10:01 AM

115 posts, read 179,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post

I love also majority of population grew up in the Triad. Its good to be around natives or a trip depending on who lol

That is the one thing that surprised/surprises me about the neighborhood where our home is located (in Oak Ridge). There are very few Southern folks here. Most are from other parts of the U.S. or other ethnic cultures. For some reason, I thought there would be some southerners here.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:19 AM

475 posts, read 902,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorieleanor View Post
That is the one thing that surprised/surprises me about the neighborhood where our home is located (in Oak Ridge). There are very few Southern folks here. Most are from other parts of the U.S. or other ethnic cultures. For some reason, I thought there would be some southerners here.
Oak Ridge increased it's population by 50% in ten years. It looks like a small town made popular by the influx of those from outside of NC.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:48 AM

115 posts, read 179,433 times
Yep, it does look that way. When I walk around my neighborhood, I hear lots of foreign languages....

Old 05-12-2012, 01:32 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,588,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorieleanor View Post
This state/area seems to be a transplant mecca, and once you get it in your system, its hard to get out.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:21 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,301,294 times
The arts in the area is my personal favorite. I know this might have been mentioned but I'll say it again. Between UNCSA, Triad Stage, the Piedmont Opera, the Winston-Salem Symphony, Wake Forest, the Reynolda House and SECCA, and great community theatres like Theatre Alliance and Twin City Stage, we have a blessing of art that you won't find in a lot of southern cities and I think is simply wonderful.

The central location to other areas in the state is wonderful, the Mountains and the beach are both within reach. There's plenty of historical sites like Old Salem or the Guilford Courthouse, and lots of places for food and fun.

Winston-Salem and Greensboro have pretty low crime rates fro their size and there are plenty of great public and private schools around. Overall it's just a good, growing area to be in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point