Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 10:21 PM

97 posts, read 227,474 times

Advertisements

That the Triad has basically everything you need...and NEVER ever has traffic. I watch the traffic reports from 6am - 8am (News 14 Carolina)...and ALL the interstates are deserted. If these people think there is traffic...they should get on I-77 North, I-85 North or I-485 East in Charlotte...with miles and miles of back up daily (with no accidents). Traffic usually dead stops & crawls from about 3:30pm - 6:30pm.

LOVE the TRIAD!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 05:31 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
I have been watching 'Fashion Star' this past Spring and one of the buyers was 'H&M' so I check to see if there was a NC store and there was only two with one in Winston Salem. I went there today and what a fashion forward store.
I loved the clothes and they was at reasonable prices too.

Finally a cool store with a section just for men and not shared with other departments and the clothes had color.
I like the design of most of the clothes, if I wasn't pretty much set in my summer wear already I could see myself doing some damage in that store.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:41 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,389,215 times
Winston-Salem has a huge, impressive skyline for its size. Up to pars with Raleighs skyline if not surpassed.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:52 PM

571 posts, read 1,049,536 times
Default The Triad now feels like home

I have lived here for nearly four years now. Yes, another transplant... I had quite a shock when I first moved here. It is very different from where I used to live.

My husband and I came here to get away from traffic, noise, and way too many people. We wanted to live where we could experience nature without driving for 45 minutes to get away from the city. We wanted to live where our home would not be 10 feet from our neighbor.

We found those things here, and have met many wonderful people along the way. The Triad is a great place with plenty of things to do, some good places to eat, and so much natural beauty that we have really come to feel that this is where we are supposed to be.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:21 PM

475 posts, read 900,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitajas View Post
I have lived here for nearly four years now. Yes, another transplant... I had quite a shock when I first moved here. It is very different from where I used to live.

My husband and I came here to get away from traffic, noise, and way too many people. We wanted to live where we could experience nature without driving for 45 minutes to get away from the city. We wanted to live where our home would not be 10 feet from our neighbor.

We found those things here, and have met many wonderful people along the way. The Triad is a great place with plenty of things to do, some good places to eat, and so much natural beauty that we have really come to feel that this is where we are supposed to be.
That's a good endorsement. Thanks for sharing.Where did you move from?

Old 01-02-2013, 12:28 PM

2 posts, read 15,636 times
I love how there are the larger cities (Greensboro, Winston-Salem) and then the medium towns (High-Point, Burlington) and then the smaller towns (way too many to name). I live in a small town north of Greensboro (born in raised in the 'Boro), and I enjoy how I can go to school and work in the city, and come home to a slower pace for the evenings and weekends. Where I live, I can get to Greensboro in 25 mins, W-S in about 35 mins, and the others about 30 mins to an hour. Living in a smaller NC town allows for less expensive houses, a sense of community, and a break from standing in lines and sitting in traffic. The Triad is my favorite area mainly because I am dead center in the state so I have mountains and beaches within 4 hours (at the most, bc I drive ... fast.). I love Greensboro, because I grew up there and despite the population, it still feels like a small town. I have travelled to all over, and while I love Chicago and Miami, I have never found the same atmosphere as the Triad.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:28 PM

17 posts, read 24,746 times
Other Southern sayings......I'm fixin......y'all-not ya all .....but yall ...that tickles Me. This means that's funny, lol. You can't forget to say unsweetened tea in drive throughs. When we first moved here from Ohio, I was thinking what did we get ourselves into. You get use to it and now love it here along with the weather..it's always sunny

Old 01-13-2013, 05:42 PM

4 posts, read 17,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithhtt View Post
What do you love about the Triad area?
Hello I was intersted to Moving Winston Salem tri ad I have lived there before And thought the people where so friendly And veryhelpful And made me feel welcome And i love NC and there were alot of good restraunats And you were closed to the beach And othere cites I would like to know howthe economy is And how would go about getting a job I hope i could move back by spring Carolyn

Old 01-17-2013, 05:54 AM

12 posts, read 23,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akwebb81 View Post
WOW, please tell me where I can find the DeLorean

When we were looking to move to NC, we had opportunities in Charlotte, Raleigh and WS. After just spending a few days driving around the areas and between the different areas, we saw the biggest appeal of the Triad...traffic, or lack thereof. We were living in Houston, and I couldn't stand wasting up to 2hrs a day commuting anymore and Charlotte and Raleigh just looked like more of the same. Are there certain things I would like to have here, sure, but this area has 95% of what I want, with little to no traffic to deal with. I'll take no traffic any day over not having a Pei Wei or climbing gym 5 mins from my house. Both are 30-60 mins away now (reallocated commute time.

The weather, other than the summer is great here. Growing up in the north, not having 6 months of cold, grey and dreary weather is a blessing.

My only gripe, are the hours of some of the places we frequent, especially children's attractions. 11-5 seem to be common hours and with kids that still take naps, that's rough.
Traffic .... Yea I am in Phoenix and traffic can be a nightmare. An easy drive does sound nice .... also nice to hear about short easy winters, I am considering a move in a next few years and I am very used to no winters in Arizona

Old 04-23-2013, 04:11 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,983,041 times
Besides being a beautiful area, I'm happy to see people being so kind. I was just reading about the recent Run for Boston event to support the Boston Marathon. More than 800 people participated. Thanks to everyone that truly cares.

More than 800 people participate in local run to support victims of Boston Marathon bombings - Winston-Salem Journal: Local News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point