Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 12:11 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,871,767 times

Advertisements

Grits are disgusting. Give me Cream or Wheat or Oatmeal any day.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:52 PM

525 posts, read 2,127,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
Try adding butter and salt, or cheese! Yum yum.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:59 PM

4 posts, read 14,354 times
Question So, is the church racist ? What kind of church is this that doesn't welcome hispanics?

I'm a Christian, hard working hispanic. And I currently live in Naples, FL and constantly being looked at as if I just crossed the border. My husband and I have never lived off of the government and whatever we have we have worked hard at it and earned by the grace of God. I enjoy small towns, I've always lived in the city but enjoy new things, enjoy new food. My stepfamily are from Maryland, Kentucky, Tenessee..and enjoy eating grits, biscuits and eggs for breakfast and I love it too! I also enjoy bagels, cream cheese, hash browns, pancakes, muffins...etc..I could eat just about anything.. I don't descriminate anyone. I love to try new things. I can't stand when people are dirty but you see I"m not. I like my house and yard clean. It's sad that everyone now days, judges an entire race or community or town etc.. for what a few people have done. Not everyone is the same. I could be from the same place as another person and we are completely different, in our way of speaking, in our way of living life, the way I worship the Lord...everyone is different. Not all hispanics are dirty or take advantage of others, also not all hispanics crossed the border and come here illegally. So just because a person is standing waiting for the bus somewhere does not mean they are illegal or a criminal. Criminals exist in every race and culture.

But I'm just astounded with that church and what they stated in the newpaper. I wonder what the Lord thinks about that? What kind of a church is this?

Old 11-30-2007, 01:59 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,618,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
I use to think the same thing but there is a major difference between real grits and instant grits so far as restaurants go IHOP has the best grits.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:21 PM

42 posts, read 168,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudiar101 View Post
I'm a Christian, hard working hispanic. And I currently live in Naples, FL and constantly being looked at as if I just crossed the border.
As long as you're here legally I have no problem with you.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:14 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,131,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
these quotes make it sound as if people have just started "invading" their state...people have been moving from state to state, and immigrating from different countries into all 50 states--some of them for centuries...why are they complaining now? that is nonsense, and they dont like to admit that the influx of "yankees" (myself included) is just adding to the beauty of what this country is and has always been...wether they moved here 400 years ago, or 4 months ago...
try to remember--none of us are actually from here...
Bravo! Who is it that keeps these silly polls going and why? Aren't we ALL Americans, both north and south, east and west. They should be more worried about the drastic influx of illegals than Americans transplanting and moving about. Fortunately, in our ten plus years here in NC, we haven't been exposed to these radical thinkers and have met and made friends with some of the nicest people in America.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:23 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,131,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharNative View Post
I concur as America is made up of legal immigrants who came here for a better life and they are the strength of our great nation. Illegals on the other hand are causing us more crime, disease and other varied and sundry problems, and those who give them jobs and help them sneak in here should be punished. If you are here legally then I have no problem with you or where you want to live.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:48 PM

4 posts, read 14,354 times
I'm a U.S Citizen but because of the color of my eyes and hair, I'm looked at as if I were a criminal. I welcome everyone. I've never been in trouble with the Law, and I was planning to move to NC but dont' know now. My family is a Christian family and I would like to move somewhere nice, where we can find jobs and a good Christian community that will not descriminate. God made us all, and he made us different for a reason. But he loves everyone, no matter what color we are.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:27 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,519,675 times
excuse me but what color are your eyes and hair? i mean i have seen every race and nationality here in NC and i havent seen anyone mistreated so far...i have found everyone here very freindly. coming from NJ that was a little wierd at first to have strangers say hello and look directly at me, but now, i am starting to get used to it --lol

Old 12-02-2007, 09:08 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,684,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharNative View Post
But why would you even assume it was the case in the first place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point