Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 06:23 AM

322 posts, read 668,670 times

Advertisements

Apparently not. Cotton must not have enough to do down in the big D that he has to revisit here like a bad dream, and relive unhappy experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 09:08 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,421,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Well, there's not much of anything to do in W-S. The sidewalks pretty much roll up at dark. Most young people don't return after college. There's not much to offer in terms of major corporate headquarters, employment, nightlife or big time sports. You know it's bad when any new business construction around town spurs tremendous interest... But it's a great place for the elderly to live out their days.
Your information is very, very dated.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:21 PM

6,168 posts, read 7,260,715 times
I think one reason is that there is a lot more going on in those two areas. Every time you turn around there is a new development being proposed or a new company moving to those areas. While the Triad cities have had some exciting development news over the past few months for their downtowns, There is only so much to talk about. We see an announcement with a rendering and often its weeks or months before the media reports major updates. Its been weeks since there have been reports on Greensboro's planned performing arts center and that's because there wont really be anything to report until the design is complete in December/January. The city has awarded all design and construction contracts. Construction will start in fall of 2015 with an opening date of Spring 2017.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:21 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,598,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsnc62 View Post
Apparently not. Cotton must not have enough to do down in the big D that he has to revisit here like a bad dream, and relive unhappy experiences.
I think for some if there is not a trail of neon lights telling them where the happenings are they won't get off their ass and look for it.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:35 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,434,814 times
Sorry, what? I've been busy out having fun.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:56 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,624,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
I think one reason is that there is a lot more going on in those two areas. Every time you turn around there is a new development being proposed or a new company moving to those areas. While the Triad cities have had some exciting development news over the past few months for their downtowns, There is only so much to talk about. We see an announcement with a rendering and often its weeks or months before the media reports major updates. Its been weeks since there have been reports on Greensboro's planned performing arts center and that's because there wont really be anything to report until the design is complete in December/January. The city has awarded all design and construction contracts. Construction will start in fall of 2015 with an opening date of Spring 2017.
Hi Guys. I am in Charlotte. I just got a message last week on FB from a friend I met on C-D, and he asked me if I had a clue as to why the Charlotte forum has slowed down so much and why old threads have been resurrected and more bickering than querying about the region going on.

We used to get so many inquiries, the page rolled over daily.

We were speculating that folks back in 2006 and 2007 were flooding down here looking for houses because they already had jobs. So they were asking about areas to move to, which subdivisions were located in the "best" school districts, etc. Now, folks are moving here often without jobs (or perhaps, with lower paying jobs) and instead of buying a house, they are renting. We get some rental questions straggling in during the week, but very few queries about buying a house.

Just throwing that out there . . .

Old 10-03-2014, 12:28 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,970,208 times
So..it's not just the Triad, seems the the triangle section is the only one buzzing these days

Old 10-03-2014, 09:52 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,615,779 times
From my perspective evaluating observing the forum for the last seven years this forum encompasses a smaller region and more rural counties like Davie, Surry and Stokes, where the WNC covers entires mountains and foothills , Coastal the whole coast, Raleigh forum has at least 5 cities that have been desired for relocation.

I agree on Ani point on the change to rental market which I think now is time to buy particuraly in the Triad as it even more affordable than the Triangle and Charlotte but home interest rates will be going up probably next year.
Also I think with smart phone craze alot of information and apps like trip advisor or yelp and of course Google etc there isnt as much of need to ask if such and such exist or how is it.

In order for a forum to be successful it needs threads, then the thread needs good response, and welcoming to opinions or add ons.

I would enjoy if someone started a picture thread, discussing whats going on like this weekend Dixie Classic.
Favorite natural and new landmarks in the region. Or how funny it is the traffic reports which are basically where the construction is at unless it Silas Creek
I also noticed alof of us found this forum from searching and found a subject that interest us, this forum needs more interesting threads and posts.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:02 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,630,954 times
I'd like to spend more time in the Triad - it's not *that* far from Durham, and I've gone further on day trips.

Please tell us more about must sees in Winston-Salem and Greensboro!

Old 10-03-2014, 03:45 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,393,861 times
I don't think this forum is that dead in relation to the rest of City-Data. I think it's just that the Triangle forum is super active.

In the US forums, North Carolina is the second most active forum, more so than California and Florida. Texas has the most threads. When you go into the Texas and NC forums and compare you see that the Charlotte and Triangle forums each have more posts and threads than any of the individual TX forums. So it looks like the Triangle and Charlotte forums are the busiest US city forums on City-Data with the Triangle forum being a bit busier than Charlotte. If you compare the Triad forum to some others it's fine. You're just comparing it to the busiest city forum on city-data. (Disclaimer, the politics forum is busier than any city forum.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point