Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 01:04 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,976,007 times

Advertisements

It seems as though the majority of this forum(North Carolina users to be exact) are all on the Triangle and Charlotte sub forums, what happened? The Triad sub forum used to be busy back in the day.. now it's just filled with city vs city, angry locals and tons of developments that go unseen.. I really don't get it, the triad is a great place, but it seriously seems to be hated on here now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 06:13 AM

6,215 posts, read 4,677,256 times
I agree with you that this sub-section of the North Carolina forum probably receives the least activity out of the five. One reason I can think of for seeing less activity in the Triad forum is because the other areas (Charlotte, Triangle, Mountains, Coastal) have a greater influx of people moving to them from outside of NC than the Triad does, so naturally they have more people asking all sorts of "where should I live" questions and people are responding.

I'm not sure I see the angry/hated on vibe you mention- maybe I've just missed something. If anything, people sometimes make the Triad (and NC in general) out to be more "Mayberry" than it really is in my opinion (and that may be because the forum is heavily newcomers who may still be in the honeymoon stage).

Now, if you want to see angry locals and unhappy people hating on a place, when I've been casually browsing other state forums, some of the Florida forums (particularly South Florida) have a very strong sense of that.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:52 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,433,246 times
It's not hate. It's not inactivity in the region, as most of the cool stuff going on around the Triad never gets posted on this forum. I think it just so happens there aren't a lot of regular users on THIS particular forum who live in the area.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:18 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,976,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
It's not hate. It's not inactivity in the region, as most of the cool stuff going on around the Triad never gets posted on this forum. I think it just so happens there aren't a lot of regular users on THIS particular forum who live in the area.
Then i guess i just have to post it.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:40 PM

2,668 posts, read 7,183,617 times
It's probably because we're all too busy taking advantage of all the Triad has to offer!

Old 09-28-2014, 05:59 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,613,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
It's probably because we're all too busy taking advantage of all the Triad has to offer!
Best answer.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:42 AM

4,647 posts, read 6,513,304 times
As stated, the Charlotte and Triangle areas has some of the highest population growth in the nation, largely because of in-migration. Those areas, consequently, have a lot of new development and growth. The Triad simply does not have anything near the amount of growth those areas are experiencing. Moreover, both of those regions already have a higher population, which corresponds to a higher number of postings.

Old 09-29-2014, 12:37 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,640,535 times
When we started looking at the Triad, I was amazed how little activity this forum had, compared to CLT and the Triangle. Certainly a lot has to do with those areas being larger, but it's not like they're many times as large - the difference isn't enough to explain about 10 times the threads in those sections compared to the Triad.

But I don't mind too much...we didn't move here as an investment but rather quality of life. So I'm ok with the Triad being more in the shadows, more of a "secret," relatively speaking.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:47 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,495,133 times
Well, there's not much of anything to do in W-S. The sidewalks pretty much roll up at dark. Most young people don't return after college. There's not much to offer in terms of major corporate headquarters, employment, nightlife or big time sports. You know it's bad when any new business construction around town spurs tremendous interest... But it's a great place for the elderly to live out their days.

Old 09-30-2014, 05:42 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,183,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Well, there's not much of anything to do in W-S. The sidewalks pretty much roll up at dark. Most young people don't return after college. There's not much to offer in terms of major corporate headquarters, employment, nightlife or big time sports. You know it's bad when any new business construction around town spurs tremendous interest... But it's a great place for the elderly to live out their days.

LOL. Been to Winston-Salem lately?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point