Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 02:09 PM

7,195 posts, read 6,872,160 times

Advertisements

I’m surprised that thread lasted as long as it did, to be honest. A similar thing happened last year with the Greenville developments thread in the Coastal NC forum. A troll (who has since been banned) was spamming the living hell out of that thread and sending weird ass DM’s to other posters, including me. RedZin finally stepped in, cleaned it up, and thankfully reopened it a few days later. No problems since.

If RedZin is the one that closed the Greensboro thread, then it’s a good chance it’ll be reopened soon. She’s a pretty reasonable mod. If it wasn’t her, then I wouldn’t hold my breath. I’ll leave it at that.

My advice for OP would be to send a DM to RedZin and see if she’s the one that closed it and if she did, see if she would be willing to reopen it. If she didn’t close it, see if she knows the mod who did, then DM that mod.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 02:17 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,040,075 times
Too bad really. I don't know why forum members can't respect each other. Especially fellow Carolinians

Old 09-03-2018, 03:19 PM

6,186 posts, read 4,654,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
I can't beileve someone would go through the trouble of trying to stop a thread just because it's very active and sucessful in a sub section that has way less views and topics than say, the triangle forum and charlotte, but i seen this coming, greensboro has had nothing but good press lately...so i guess he hated it enough to want to close a very informative and well regarded thread..but it's okay it will be open again soon, and then i can post my update content. But i also had people messaging me asking why it was closed...

Can't beileve that "troller" could be so childish.
Yeah, it will be good to move on and keep posting the updates. I personally learn a lot from you guys (or gals). I do agree that it would be nice if there were more participants (with constructive discussion of course) than just the few faithful ones that do post here. I've noticed that whenever any topic, no matter how esoteric, gets posted in the Triangle forum, there can be dozens of responses in the hour. On the Triad forum, it can be considered lucky if two or three responses happen the next day or so. I have to admit that I like to read and post throughout the various NC forums because I do have an interest in what happens throughout NC (and other places/topics here on city-data), but I do like to come here and comment on the Triad forum whenever I can as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
Who is the triad moderator?
Unless something has changed, it's Yac and Redzin.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/1...ator-list.html

Whenever I've had a concern (and clicked the red "flag a post" triangle), I've found the moderators here to be very responsive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
Too bad really. I don't know why forum members can't respect each other. Especially fellow Carolinians
Generally, I think they're pretty good on the NC forums, but I've noticed there are a few who you have to watch out for. Now on some forums, like the politics & other controversies, it's a different world. I don't think everyone has to agree on everything but there's no reason to be rude about anything here.

Last edited by Jowel; 09-03-2018 at 03:34 PM..

Old 09-04-2018, 04:59 PM

171 posts, read 160,189 times
yeah i was trying to post this and was like what the heck lol!!

Cue hammers: Check out our interactive map of Tanger center construction

https://www.greensboro.com/business/..._medium=social

Old 09-04-2018, 05:38 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv2015 View Post
yeah i was trying to post this and was like what the heck lol!!

Cue hammers: Check out our interactive map of Tanger center construction

https://www.greensboro.com/business/..._medium=social
oh wow that's pretty cool

I messaged both mods to see whats going on with reopening.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:04 PM

171 posts, read 160,189 times
Yeah its a really neat feature on that site. And lets hope we get the mods to get it back open soon!

Old 09-04-2018, 07:27 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv2015 View Post
Yeah its a really neat feature on that site. And lets hope we get the mods to get it back open soon!
i hope..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point