Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 12:11 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,237,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebermudatriad View Post
I've never been but my friend in Raleigh says its "like Whole Foods but with Kroger prices."
Correct it's like Whole Foods but for people who are budget conscious. As a person who is trying to eat healthier, I'll probably shop there quite a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2019, 12:14 PM

6,131 posts, read 4,620,775 times
Quote:
I've never been but my friend in Raleigh says its "like Whole Foods but with Kroger prices."
That's wonderful! A big pet peeve of mine is when grocers talk about being healthy and sustainable (or similar buzzwords) but then charge much more than other grocers charge, so it's only the well to do that can be healthy, at least if they're going to be a customer of their store.

Old 04-08-2019, 01:42 PM

511 posts, read 512,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
That's wonderful! A big pet peeve of mine is when grocers talk about being healthy and sustainable (or similar buzzwords) but then charge much more than other grocers charge, so it's only the well to do that can be healthy, at least if they're going to be a customer of their store.
Harris Teeter has things priced higher than Whole Foods now. It's getting ridiculous.

Old 04-08-2019, 04:41 PM

6,131 posts, read 4,620,775 times
Quote:
Harris Teeter has things priced higher than Whole Foods now. It's getting ridiculous.
Yes. Harris Teeter also changed their target market about 25 years ago by pulling stores from working class neighborhoods of larger cities and almost completely from smaller, blue collar cities.

Take the Harris Teeters in Greensboro for instance. All of the Harris Teeters except for the Adams Farm location are on the northwest or west side of town (none east or south of downtown). The same applies to Winston-Salem (none on the east or south sides of town) and the only surrounding county (i.e. not Guilford of Forsyth) they are located in is Alamance. HT isn't the only grocery store to choose to limit is stores to upscale locales but they are one that has made a major shift in this direction from its locations decades ago.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:04 PM

While cheaper than Harris Teeter, Food Lion's prices are not what they use to be. One of their advertising slogans use to be "Extra Low Prices" years ago. Seems like after Food Lion started remodeling their stores, prices jumped up. Walmart's prices are less than Food Lion.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:55 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,428,800 times
I will never go to Walmart. And I don't go to the Tajmah Teeter either. I was in there on Senior day and some guy came in with a long gun. I ran. I complained but they don't care.

Old 04-09-2019, 04:51 AM

I usually go to the neighborhood walmarts. I can't stand the big crowds at the regular Walmart and I can get through the checkouts much faster.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:46 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,108,446 times
Quote:
Uh....I dunno about that, the one here in Greenville opened almost a year ago and it's awesome, but it is very pricey.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:42 AM

511 posts, read 512,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Uh....I dunno about that, the one here in Greenville opened almost a year ago and it's awesome, but it is very pricey.
Interesting. We're both vegan so he could have been referring to the prices particular vegan items. It seems most places mark it up $2, assuming veganism is some rich person fad. I guess I'll find out soon.

Old 05-10-2019, 01:07 PM

37 posts, read 48,187 times
Sprouts Market in Greensboro is set to open August 7th.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne..._news_headline
https://www.greensboro.com/entertain...af8e786ba.html
https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/ne...1-aa46770c273b
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point