Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 10:09 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,108,446 times

Advertisements

Hi guys and gals, I'm about 3 hours down the road in Greenville, SC and just got a call outta the blue from an old boss that is now VP of a large company and he just offered me a job that pays quite well, but I have to relocate to Greensboro. My wife (I'm a dude using here account) and kids will stay in Greenville and come up occasionally and I'll drive down on weekends, but I need an apartment in a decent area for when they come up. The only thing is, I'm not familiar with G-boro...at all. My wife is very frugal and found a 1 bedroom for $600 bucks which scared me because I don't know if it's in a good area; 800 Greenhaven Drive. Can you guys tell me the good areas to look in please. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 01:05 PM

223 posts, read 144,930 times
I have a friend that lives over there in Greenhaven Apts and she loves it. She is a singleIt is a very safe and nice area. You can read the reviews if you google the apt name (that goes for any place you look for).

Old 04-10-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJfromVA View Post
I have a friend that lives over there in Greenhaven Apts and she loves it. She is a singleIt is a very safe and nice area. You can read the reviews if you google the apt name (that goes for any place you look for).
Thanks for responding, I really appreciate it. After I posted this, I got another call for an executive from the company, and it looks like I got the job. That's really surprising that a decent 1 bedroom apartment in a nice area only goes for $600 up there. Here you're looking at close to $1000 at least. That's good news. Thanks again!

Old 04-10-2019, 01:50 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,428,800 times
I don't know that I would call that area nice. It's not horrible but there are nicer.

This one is brand new and right across the street from Target. It's more expensive.
https://www.liveatkirkwoodplace.com

Not as new, but near the Science Center:
https://www.thefieldslincolngreen.co...lincoln-green/

Well located:
https://www.terraceatob.com

All these are more expensive than the one you found.

Old 04-10-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
I don't know that I would call that area nice. It's not horrible but there are nicer.

This one is brand new and right across the street from Target. It's more expensive.
https://www.liveatkirkwoodplace.com

Not as new, but near the Science Center:
https://www.thefieldslincolngreen.co...lincoln-green/

Well located:
https://www.terraceatob.com

All these are more expensive than the one you found.
Thanks Sue. I would be working off of Wendover.

Old 04-10-2019, 03:37 PM

Which end of Wendover? It goes from one side of town to the other.

Old 04-10-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Which end of Wendover? It goes from one side of town to the other.
Ah....see I said that I knew nothing about Greensboro. lol By the car dealerships, Crown BMW, etc. That Kirkwood place apartments that you linked is $1500 for a 2 bedroom.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Ah....see I said that I knew nothing about Greensboro. lol By the car dealerships, Crown BMW, etc. That Kirkwood place apartments that you linked is $1500 for a 2 bedroom.
I know. But it's brand new and in a very desirable area.

That part of Wendover is trafficky, in Greensboro terms. I've lived in DC and Charleston, so I don't think it's awful. I don't know much about that area. Are you looking for a short commute?

Old 04-10-2019, 06:42 PM

71 posts, read 96,055 times
I realize that it may be out of your price range, but I lived at Brassfield Park (New Garden Rd.) for 4 years and found it to be a great deal for the (very) nice location and the community. 1 bedrooms start in the low $800’s I think.

Not sure I’d recommend the Greenhaven Apts. area, especially if wife and kids are coming to visit.

Old 04-10-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
I know. But it's brand new and in a very desirable area.

That part of Wendover is trafficky, in Greensboro terms. I've lived in DC and Charleston, so I don't think it's awful. I don't know much about that area. Are you looking for a short commute?
15 minutes or less in non rush hour traffic preferably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point