Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 05:49 PM

22 posts, read 13,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
Not quite. It's the areas that aren't dangerous that are isolated. The most dangerous city in North Carolina is "worrying". D'ya think?
You just got totally triggered (Bwahaha). You just responded to yourself over and over again. You know what, how about clean compared to about any place in Asia except for Japan. I drive down Elm everyday and never really notice any rubbish. I run in Latham park and never really see any homeless. I guess some cars were broken into around January. I'm not exactly worried as I've seen a lot worse in my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 06:49 PM

860 posts, read 431,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwcasu View Post
You just got totally triggered (Bwahaha). You just responded to yourself over and over again. You know what, how about clean compared to about any place in Asia except for Japan. I drive down Elm everyday and never really notice any rubbish. I run in Latham park and never really see any homeless. I guess some cars were broken into around January. I'm not exactly worried as I've seen a lot worse in my life.
I ran the Latham Park Greenway this morning and saw a vagrant sitting on the side of the path singing to himself. You must have missed him. Vagrants generally outnumber legitimate users on my Downtown Greenway runs. And if the roadside trash seems acceptable to you, then we haven't much to say to one another in that regard. Typical homer that "never really sees" and "never really notices" the trash and the vagrants. Your rose colored glasses must be set to filter such things.

Last edited by TunedIn; 03-22-2021 at 07:02 PM..

Old 03-22-2021, 06:54 PM

Quote:
And I'm still wondering how you people ran this city so far into the ground. It doesn't seem possible. And where do the wheels go off of the broken down cars? They're never going to believe me at the rowing club. Never.

Old 03-24-2021, 06:01 AM

22 posts, read 13,820 times
Quote:
And I'm still wondering how you people ran this city so far into the ground. It doesn't seem possible. And where do the wheels go off of the broken down cars? They're never going to believe me at the rowing club. Never.
I mean all cities are going to have some issues. When I visit friends in Charlotte, I see beggars on every corner. At least we don't have people in mass huddled under SEPTA injecting Fentanyl like Philadelphia. I think currently most US cities are having issues due to higher unemployment and a pandemic that's been going on for over a year (some of it started prior). Does Greensboro have higher trash per capita on roads than other cities? Probably. But, have you lived in several other cities during the pandemic? If not you really wouldn't be qualified enough to lecture the people on this forum. But instead why don't you just give up your rant while youre ahead? You've already obviously won and while you're at it why don't you just leave the city and go complain somewhere else?

Old 03-24-2021, 06:46 AM

Quote:
I mean all cities are going to have some issues. When I visit friends in Charlotte, I see beggars on every corner. At least we don't have people in mass huddled under SEPTA injecting Fentanyl like Philadelphia. I think currently most US cities are having issues due to higher unemployment and a pandemic that's been going on for over a year (some of it started prior). Does Greensboro have higher trash per capita on roads than other cities? Probably. But, have you lived in several other cities during the pandemic? If not you really wouldn't be qualified enough to lecture the people on this forum. But instead why don't you just give up your rant while youre ahead? You've already obviously won and while you're at it why don't you just leave the city and go complain somewhere else?
Except that Greensboro has the crime, the drugs, the trash, the vagrants and the poverty, without the jobs. And yes, I travel domestically. A lot. Greensboro's got some serious catching up to do.

Old 03-24-2021, 06:12 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,435,264 times
Quote:
Except that Greensboro has the crime, the drugs, the trash, the vagrants and the poverty, without the jobs. And yes, I travel domestically. A lot. Greensboro's got some serious catching up to do.
It's interesting that you think other people should do something about things that bug you. What are you doing about it? Where exactly are you seeing trash on streets? Do you pick it up? And, if you hate it this much, either run for Mayor or find a more beautiful town that like yankees. It's clear you hate this place.

Old 03-24-2021, 06:34 PM

4,236 posts, read 1,701,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
It's interesting that you think other people should do something about things that bug you. What are you doing about it? Where exactly are you seeing trash on streets? Do you pick it up? And, if you hate it this much, either run for Mayor or find a more beautiful town that like yankees. It's clear you hate this place.
Greensboro seems to be the victim of a malignant time warp. A fella in Raleigh told me Greensboro was 20 years behind. Personally, I think he's being generous. It's closer to 40. It would certainly explain the 1981 Chrysler Cordoba I saw in mint condition last week. The good news is that I know what could help bring the city into the 21st century: more jobs and more Yankees. The bad news is that ya can't have one without the other. I'm starting to understand why we take over Southern cities and drive the natives out. Just to let you know, I've already been on the phone.

Old 03-24-2021, 10:28 PM

405 posts, read 320,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
First the pizza, THEN the cannoli. Smh.
“Pak da ca in Havard yad”

Old 04-07-2021, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRoadTrip View Post
Our violent crime rates, especially homicide rates, here (Greensboro) have increased to record breaking highs in 2020 alone, particularly towards October and November, close to election time.

luckily i stay on the northside, actually a bit into Browns Summit, I rarely have any need to go to downtown areas or any central parts of town, and will Never do so now, especially after the Guilford Courthouse shooting that happened in BROAD DAYLIGHT, in fact at times i have occasionally gone to Reidsville to do occasional shopping.

yep, THAT Bad!..... numbers below:

Violent crime rate of 822.3 per 100k is triple that of Raleigh with their 255.8 this year, despite Raleigh being Bigger. Still higher than Winston's 592 and Durhams 733. Only city in NC that closely matches numbers, is Charlotte with 788, still less.

https://www.rhinotimes.com/news/greensboro-ranked-as-states-most-dangerous-city/

Assaults and homicides are Some of the most prevalent crimes,

assaults, are at 1,892,

and the Homicide total has ascended sharply to 60 this year, up from previous years,
(now double Winston-Salem's and Durham's 28 and 32, respectively.)

https://www.rhinotimes.com/news/coun...violent-crime/

this harkens back to the 2000's and early 2010's when Danville VA was struggling with High crime like this, granted it's a smaller city, but, the main thing is, crime has spiked to absurdly high rates that businesses closed up and left, leaving Danville in a grim, gloomy stature.

that is certainly not the path any of us wants to see a large successful city such as Greensboro heading down.

hopefully the law enforcement funding study and the Cure for Violence is the ultimate trump- card to saving "Greater Greensboro" from sliding down that same DARK, treacherous path
This is it in a nutshell. Greensboro's "cheaper" for a reason.

Old 04-07-2021, 08:02 PM

12,228 posts, read 8,141,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
Poster is right. Greensboro is quite a bit behind. 40 years? A bit much. 20 sounds about right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point