Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 11:56 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,972,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebermudatriad View Post
Good advice for everyone TBH.
Definitely, and I have absolutely no hate for Winston, I spent over 10 years in that city, I was just saying I thought things were different because every time I checked the news online, either fox8wghp or wxi12, I only heard about drive bys in winston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2021, 12:25 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YinXyang View Post
Definitely, and I have absolutely no hate for Winston, I spent over 10 years in that city, I was just saying I thought things were different because every time I checked the news online, either fox8wghp or wxi12, I only heard about drive bys in winston.
And this is what I mean.

https://myfox8.com/news/north-caroli...winston-salem/

One killed and The other 3 are in unknown condition at the moment.

This has to stop.

Old 06-12-2021, 07:48 AM

860 posts, read 432,405 times
Quote:
And this is what I mean.

This has to stop.
Why not simply used published data when making comparisons between cities? Greensboro has more murders so far this year than Winston. And all of last year as well, overall and per capita. Unless and until the Triad can become more well known for job opportunity than gun violence, the region's hopes of attracting those needed to propel it forward will remain unfulfilled.

Old 06-12-2021, 08:04 AM

80 posts, read 70,764 times
Quote:
And this is what I mean.

This has to stop.
What needs to stop is the GSO homers unhealthy obsession with posting negative comments about other cities in some bizarre desire to make their city look better. You are pathological.

Old 06-12-2021, 09:40 AM

699 posts, read 510,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-V-R View Post
What needs to stop is the GSO homers unhealthy obsession with posting negative comments about other cities in some bizarre desire to make their city look better. You are pathological.
It's hardly just GSO homers who do this. The Triangle **** riders are notorious for that kinda stuff. , and not just in the NC Forum. If you are gonna castigate the Greensboro guys.... castigate the others as well.

Anyway unlike last year when it seemed like the local media updated the number of murders with each passing week.. I haven't seen/hear much of that kinda info so far this year. I had no idea that the numbers in Greensboro stood at 19. Unfortunately its gonna get alot higher now that its consistently warm/hot outside.

Old 06-12-2021, 10:44 AM

241 posts, read 241,475 times
Quote:
And this is what I mean.

This has to stop.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/st...252074358.html Winston Salem is at 17 homicides so far this year which is neck and neck with Greensboro. Neither city has room to look down on the other on this topic. I also don't consider either to be especially dangerous or scary as I frequent both regularly.

Old 06-12-2021, 11:35 AM

80 posts, read 70,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevilFan View Post
It's hardly just GSO homers who do this. The Triangle **** riders are notorious for that kinda stuff. , and not just in the NC Forum. If you are gonna castigate the Greensboro guys.... castigate the others as well.

Anyway unlike last year when it seemed like the local media updated the number of murders with each passing week.. I haven't seen/hear much of that kinda info so far this year. I had no idea that the numbers in Greensboro stood at 19. Unfortunately its gonna get alot higher now that its consistently warm/hot outside.
But if you don’t like it why immediately resort to saying “yeah well Winston is worse” when it happens? You won’t find a single post from me putting down GSO and plenty defending it / talking about the positives. There are relatively few Winston posters on this board precisely because they got sick of GSO people tearing down their city in relation to GSO.

Old 06-12-2021, 07:20 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,177,191 times
Quote:
I've been harping on this for years, and it falls on deaf ears. Pathological is the correct term.

Old 06-12-2021, 07:38 PM

699 posts, read 510,282 times
Quote:
But if you don’t like it why immediately resort to saying “yeah well Winston is worse” when it happens? You won’t find a single post from me putting down GSO and plenty defending it / talking about the positives. There are relatively few Winston posters on this board precisely because they got sick of GSO people tearing down their city in relation to GSO.
I've never disparaged Winston Salem on this or any other board, so don't lump me in that group. There is such a thing as the ignore button, it comes it handy if one doesn't want to see posts from certain people. I do wish there was more news about Winston on here, but oh well.

Old 06-12-2021, 08:03 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,177,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevilFan View Post

This is exactly the point that he's trying to make. Most of you guys can never take criticism of Greensboro without pointing fingers at other cities in some manner.

It's like a little child saying "but he did it too." There is a weird mindset in this city that is very hard to explain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point