Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2021, 09:46 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,959,570 times

Advertisements

I’m going to be completely honest, I don’t even know what the hell a “homer” is to be honest, yet y’all keep slinging that term around… I’m guessing it’s some made up city data buzz word.

Anyway, as I said before the triad needs to do better as a whole, some of y’all need to remove the rose tinted glasses and face reality. Both GSO and WS need help, and so far 2021 is proof of that.

Recently, I unfortunately had an old friend/class mate who was shot and killed in Winston, so please save all of your petty arguments for someone else, I am still grieving, yet y’all over here acting like it’s sunshine and rainbows and nothing bad EVER happens outside of Greensboro.

Everybody wants to be experts until it hits home.

Last edited by YinXyang; 06-12-2021 at 09:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2021, 11:55 PM

80 posts, read 69,445 times
Who the hell said nothing bad ever happens outside of Greensboro? You people love to invent arguments that were never made. The point is if anyone dares to say anything that isn’t positive about Greensboro you and others immediately respond with some comment about how some other city is worse and it’s usually Winston. I’m sorry about your friend but that has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

Old 06-13-2021, 12:06 AM

1,459 posts, read 1,163,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-V-R View Post
Who the hell said nothing bad ever happens outside of Greensboro? You people love to invent arguments that were never made. The point is if anyone dares to say anything that isn’t positive about Greensboro you and others immediately respond with some comment about how some other city is worse and it’s usually Winston. I’m sorry about your friend but that has nothing to do with what we are talking about.
This was the same ******* that used to refer to himself as GSOCitizen that made up stories just to have something to post on here, and then when confronted with his lies, changed his name to this Yinyang crap.

I would be sketptical of anything that he says.

Old 06-13-2021, 07:08 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,221,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevilFan View Post
I've never disparaged Winston Salem on this or any other board, so don't lump me in that group. There is such a thing as the ignore button, it comes it handy if one doesn't want to see posts from certain people. I do wish there was more news about Winston on here, but oh well.
The Greensboro vs Winston-Salem sniping on the forums is similar to the Charlotte vs Raleigh sniping. It seems like the arguments get nastier with Greensboro vs Winston-Salem though for some reason or another. Winston-Salem posters for the most part have abandoned all Triad urban forums on the internet and they have their own site WSTB.

Old 06-13-2021, 10:44 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,959,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
This was the same ******* that used to refer to himself as GSOCitizen that made up stories just to have something to post on here, and then when confronted with his lies, changed his name to this Yinyang crap.

I would be sketptical of anything that he says.
….Hold the hell up, this man has officially lost his mind if I think you just called me what I think you did…

Last edited by YinXyang; 06-13-2021 at 11:01 PM..

Old 07-06-2021, 03:28 PM

176 posts, read 291,033 times
What a thread!

Never ceases to amaze me how folks leave one place and are suddenly qualified to "shape up" their new location. And the place they left is suddenly the cradle of civilization And why do people believe that the best way to influence is to adopt a condescending attitude, proclaim things are better where they are from, and infer the people they are trying to influence are short on intelligence and lack class? I also note that these same people think its everyone else's job to fix things. Lastly, said people seem to think it best to rant on City-Data versus simply returning to where they came from

Old 07-06-2021, 03:56 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,424,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeNC View Post
What a thread!

Never ceases to amaze me how folks leave one place and are suddenly qualified to "shape up" their new location. And the place they left is suddenly the cradle of civilization And why do people believe that the best way to influence is to adopt a condescending attitude, proclaim things are better where they are from, and infer the people they are trying to influence are short on intelligence and lack class? I also note that these same people think its everyone else's job to fix things. Lastly, said people seem to think it best to rant on City-Data versus simply returning to where they came from
Well done!

Old 07-07-2021, 07:07 AM

851 posts, read 417,195 times
This thread is about about crime in Greensboro being "through the roof", and by virtually any metric, it is. The gun violence and homicide rates in particular are absolutely apalling. Winston is comparable. Any further debate between the two is simply the fight of fools in a burning house. And I'll let you in on a little secret. Convincing those from outside to leave isn't the answer. It's giving them a reason to stay. Folks in most successful cities understand the benefit. The prevailing mindset of insularity remains a serious impediment to the economic growth of either city.

Last edited by TunedIn; 07-07-2021 at 08:05 AM..

Old 07-07-2021, 07:31 AM

851 posts, read 417,195 times
And if you simply must respond with angry PMs, please check your spelling and grammar. Most are virtually unintelligible.

Old 07-07-2021, 08:42 AM

80 posts, read 69,445 times
I’ve gotten stupid PM’s as well. They just can’t help themselves. I haven’t posted a single negative thing about GSO on this board but heaven forbid if you push back when they incessantly make comparisons between GSO and other cities that always paint the other city in a negative light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point