Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 06:15 AM

700 posts, read 1,647,687 times

Advertisements

It is kegs only at this time. Also, if a restaurant has beer on tap it is from a keg which is either in a keg cooler under the bar or off a long draw system from a larger cooler. The tap is just a deliver device. The system of keg or draft beer has been around for hundred of years.

Standard sizes
1.32gals Mini Keg / Bubba (single-use/recyclable The Coors Light refer kegs)
5 gals Soda syrup / Home Brew
7.75 gals Quarter Barrel / Pony Keg
13.2 gals Import Keg (standard European "Barrel")
15.5 gals Half Barrel / Full Keg

Some other facts. A keg will spoil if not keep cold. In most cases correct. A keg that is tapped with a hand pump will last the same amount of time as one that uses co2 as the pressure supply. This is not correct. A keg that uses a hand pump will spoil faster. This is due to the air that is place in the keg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 01:02 PM

273 posts, read 950,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since72 View Post
It is kegs only at this time. Also, if a restaurant has beer on tap it is from a keg which is either in a keg cooler under the bar or off a long draw system from a larger cooler. The tap is just a deliver device. The system of keg or draft beer has been around for hundred of years.

Standard sizes
1.32gals Mini Keg / Bubba (single-use/recyclable The Coors Light refer kegs)
5 gals Soda syrup / Home Brew
7.75 gals Quarter Barrel / Pony Keg
13.2 gals Import Keg (standard European "Barrel")
15.5 gals Half Barrel / Full Keg

Some other facts. A keg will spoil if not keep cold. In most cases correct. A keg that is tapped with a hand pump will last the same amount of time as one that uses co2 as the pressure supply. This is not correct. A keg that uses a hand pump will spoil faster. This is due to the air that is place in the keg.

FYI, bottles are in select stores in NC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post

Old 10-20-2011, 01:17 PM

2,668 posts, read 7,165,106 times
^ Yep, you can definitely buy bottles now. I find that it's not quite as good, but maybe it's all in my mind. Hard to beat a draft Red Oak or Battlefield Bock, though. I always try stop by to buy a growler or two whenever I pass the brewery.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:42 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,578,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akwebb81 View Post
FYI, bottles are in select stores in NC...
Select is almost a relative term. I can find Red Oak in nearly every grocery store I go to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
^ Yep, you can definitely buy bottles now. I find that it's not quite as good, but maybe it's all in my mind. Hard to beat a draft Red Oak or Battlefield Bock, though. I always try stop by to buy a growler or two whenever I pass the brewery.
They have the most consistent bottling I have tasted to date, but I agree you can't beat fresh.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegota View Post
oh, my gosh... I miss the Red Oak Pub/Resturant they had near Guildford College in Greensboro.

Many nice afternoons, or evenings spent in the bar...on the patio...or listening to live music.

What I wouldn't give for one more "Battlefield"
Are you aware the building was demolished?

Old 10-21-2011, 09:24 PM

479 posts, read 836,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Are you aware the building was demolished?
Yes... Kind of interesting to see the way the lot's grown over. There's almost no evidence anything was ever there...

If I remember correctly, the place that was there prior Red Oak was called "Franklin's on Friendly"

Old 10-22-2011, 05:08 AM

242 posts, read 796,661 times
Yesterday, I bought a case (12 bottles) of Red Oak at Totally Wine for $18.99. There was one case left when I left the store. It has to be refrigerated because there are no perservatives or additives and it is not pasturized.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:57 AM

42 posts, read 71,207 times
Just saw the sign at Total Wine that says Red Oak is here, I think they mean the bottles because they have had the kegs.4

Old 11-02-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegota View Post
Yes... Kind of interesting to see the way the lot's grown over. There's almost no evidence anything was ever there...

If I remember correctly, the place that was there prior Red Oak was called "Franklin's on Friendly"
I always loved the secluded, intimate feel of the property. I discovered it after it became the brewery.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,495 times
at Harris Teater grocery in Greensboro! By the case!!! Yippee, my girl from OHIO bought it there!!! Go Phoenix!! Love mom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point