Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 06:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,346 times

Advertisements

If you dont have anything to say to help someone then stay silent....You cant possibly judge another unless you know their heart and none of you are God! Just because you didnt get caught doesnt make you better and just because you are a felon doesnt mean you are worst....
@qc dreamin Thanx for the positivity and resources
@Ke'Shawn Before I was even went to court I applied for jobs and the charge was already on my backgroung check, preventing me from getting a job so that I can turn back to the streets.
I feel trapped, I have a family. I know some of you goodie-goodies dont understand this type of talk but this is life for the best of us....I say find out what you're good at or your passion and open up a business. When life gives you lemons make lemonade.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 06:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,107 times
I am just reading some post and I understand the pain of being and ex-felon without work. I am 57 years old and with a felon it is almost impossible to find a job. So many companies even minimal wage company will not give us the opportunity to prove ourselves. But one must push on and have faith then things will change for the better. It has be over two years fro me but door open and they close. I am on my way to Greensboro this morning to apply for a job. The effort must be put forth in order to receive what is yours. Don't give in continue to push forward!

Old 01-14-2014, 09:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akwebb81 View Post
Well, if people would think about their actions in this way before they did something that would make a difference. Unfortunately, most don't think about the consequence of their actions and getting caught, so they complain about how unfair the system is once they're in it.
Well before you judge another's actions put yourself in their shoes. Its so hard to find a job whether u have a felony or not so some people do what they have to to survive. And the system is corrupted. If I played around and had 6 kids I could get $700 in food stamps, the govt would put me in my own place and give me a check every month. Pay my rent, etc. Soon as u get a job, they take all the assistance away. So encourage people not to work? And then r those who made mistakes and who have tried to change their ways want to work who can get NO assistance? There's ur system

Old 12-17-2015, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 518 times
I have a friend who has a felony. She is working for a woman who verbally abuses her. My friend feels like she has to put up with it because of her record. Please help me to help her!

Old 12-17-2015, 01:32 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,383,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki Casper View Post
I have a friend who has a felony. She is working for a woman who verbally abuses her. My friend feels like she has to put up with it because of her record. Please help me to help her!
What kind of help do you think you can provide to her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point