Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2009, 05:22 PM

1,492 posts, read 7,716,487 times

Advertisements

Can't believe it. I shop at Walmart because they simply are much less expensive than the other stores in my town. Yesterday during my weekly shopping visit I purchased a pie, chocolate cupcakes, and some banana nut bread from the bakery. Got home and after unloading my family had a reward for all the unloading and putting away the groceries - the chocolate cupcakes. After one bite my daughter asks me...."Mom, what is this?" showing me icing on her finger with something attached.

I looked carefully and recognized the odd thing....it was legs, roach legs. She gave me her cupcake and sure enough, I moved a little of the icing around and found more.

No, didn't find the body and feel sick to my stomach she may have eaten it.

I bagged up the cupcake container w/ the partially eaten ones, the bread and pie and tied it in a knot. I called Walmart and the lady said to bring them back for a refund. Then she asked me to speak w/ the manager who seemed concern but then put me on perpetual hold. I hung up after 3 minutes of silence.

Just BEWARE! This was the North Main Street in High Point location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 08:01 PM

646 posts, read 2,051,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
Can't believe it. I shop at Walmart because they simply are much less expensive than the other stores in my town. Yesterday during my weekly shopping visit I purchased a pie, chocolate cupcakes, and some banana nut bread from the bakery. Got home and after unloading my family had a reward for all the unloading and putting away the groceries - the chocolate cupcakes. After one bite my daughter asks me...."Mom, what is this?" showing me icing on her finger with something attached.

I looked carefully and recognized the odd thing....it was legs, roach legs. She gave me her cupcake and sure enough, I moved a little of the icing around and found more.

No, didn't find the body and feel sick to my stomach she may have eaten it.

I bagged up the cupcake container w/ the partially eaten ones, the bread and pie and tied it in a knot. I called Walmart and the lady said to bring them back for a refund. Then she asked me to speak w/ the manager who seemed concern but then put me on perpetual hold. I hung up after 3 minutes of silence.

Just BEWARE! This was the North Main Street in High Point location.
It's wal-mart? What do you expect? My husband was travelling and needed some items he forgot and went into one late at night because it was the only place he could find (we don't shop at wal-mart as a rule) and he saw huge sewer rat peaking out the shelf at him! When he told the staff they looked at him like, "So what?"

If you have other options...use them.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:36 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,691,625 times
I swear I saw a mouse or something at the one I went to one night.It ran by so quickly I couldn't tell what it was.It was inside,in the garden section.
They also lost my prescription,and when I threatened to call police,someone found it very quickly.
What you can do...go to walmart.com and email or get their HQ address (I think it's in TX) and let them know your complaint.I'm not saying it will do any good,but at least you let them know.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:44 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,691,625 times
PS you can also call the local dept. that does inspections for places that serve and prepare food.should be in the phone book.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:21 PM

13 posts, read 41,737 times
I agree with SC122. That is really gross and apparently they aren't keeping things clean.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:20 PM

628 posts, read 2,070,993 times
I agree with Zoya.
It's Wal-mart, your health is very low on their list of priorities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point