Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 08:06 AM

2 posts, read 4,623 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Greensboro for work and would like to know what part of town would be nice to leave at. I'm a 23 year old professional male moving from Atlanta. Preferably I would like to live where it is fun, young, and vibrant. With very little crime. I'm looking to move in an apartment or find a room. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 08:15 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,661,022 times
I'd go for the areas around West Wendover and Bridford Parkway, Friendly or West Market, downtown, or north of downtown around Battleground Ave.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:23 AM

2 posts, read 4,623 times
Thanks!

Old 10-01-2009, 09:23 AM

74 posts, read 205,172 times
I've lived in Greensboro all my life and this is my 2 cents. No matter how cheap you think the housing is, stay well away from the eastside and parts of the southside. This includes anything off East Wendover or East Market as well as anything south of Lee St and High Point Rd. Those are the higher crimes areas.

Downtown there are lots of things for you to do. I agree wholeheartedly with superk's comment about where to go. If you were to pull up a map, you'll see the areas mentioned are more or less the West to Northwest side of town. North side isn't too bad (Church and Elm), but it is kind of away from where all the action or center of things are. Between West Market and Battleground, which includes Friendly Ave, are good, starting from Downtown on out to Guilford College/New Garden.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:57 PM

71 posts, read 285,134 times
I wouldn't call Wendover and Bridford as young and vibrant... more like big box suburban traffic nightmare.

I'm 21 years old and a student at UNCG. Also I am Greensboro born and raised.

Here's names of neighborhoods that would be up your alley: Westerwood, Lindley Park, College Hill, Aycock and Fisher Park are all good bets. Glenwood is slowly getting there, but I'd look elsewhere first. They're all semi-urban neighborhoods that are in safe areas close to neighborhood bars and close to downtown as well.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:02 PM

71 posts, read 285,134 times
Also you can find decent apartments in downtown itself. My fiancee had apartments on Blandwood Ave. and then on S Edgeworth St. for $500 a month. Using UNCG as a reference, anything immediately north, west and east of campus all the way through downtown to Murrow Blvd. Also, if you can afford it, Southside is a neat neighborhood. A bit gentrified, but still a cool concept.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:57 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,169,873 times
NW Greensboro is your best bet..near battleground ..shopping, parks, restaurant row etc.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:29 PM

74 posts, read 205,172 times
Glenwood maybe in 10 years, but not yet.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:29 PM

62 posts, read 173,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caodhan View Post
I wouldn't call Wendover and Bridford as young and vibrant... more like big box suburban traffic nightmare.

I'm 21 years old and a student at UNCG. Also I am Greensboro born and raised.

Here's names of neighborhoods that would be up your alley: Westerwood, Lindley Park, College Hill, Aycock and Fisher Park are all good bets. Glenwood is slowly getting there, but I'd look elsewhere first. They're all semi-urban neighborhoods that are in safe areas close to neighborhood bars and close to downtown as well.
Good post. I'd add the Lake Daniel and Latham Park neighborhoods to your list. Those are all beautiful established inner-ring neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point