Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 09:02 PM

112 posts, read 267,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogax3Girl View Post
People definitely wave here, even if you have no idea who they are. I was in Converse Heights picking up a friend... and the person I was waving at happened to be my friend's father. Had no clue.

I'm not sure why you would be harassed for driving around a neighborhood... that seems strange to me.

I'm glad that Converse Heights is up on your list. It really is a nice neighborhood full of nice people. =)

Trust in the areas where i live is at a low level, people are weary of others and tend to be overtly suspicious of the unknown. I have to admit, if somone was parked in front of my home texting I would probably get out and ask what they are doing, i expected this from the car that was pulling into the driveway that i was blocking but they just waved and smiled as i got out of their way... This is one of many reasons we are moving away, its time to trust, take a deep breath and relax to an easier way of life.

You are a great source of info, i hope i can call on you from time to time for greater knowledge.

Such as - what is KUDZO?

Last edited by pb4au; 07-24-2010 at 09:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 09:25 PM

899 posts, read 2,292,084 times
Glad you are enjoying Spartanburg. Sounds like you will find it easy to call it home here!

There are always great activities going on downtown and around the county. Music on Main is a popular one as you found out. Jazz on the Square is another great one. Spring Fling is the big festival for Spartanburg (every South Carolina city has one it seems). Plus we are so close to all the stuff going on in Greer and Greenville too.

There are also so many outlets to get involved in the community--tons of civic and service organizations, political groups, churches, etc. And there's always something being put on by some group if you choose to get involved.

Glad you are finding it welcoming here!

Old 07-26-2010, 07:19 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,569,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopShotter View Post
Don't tell the G'Vegas "elitists" that Spartanburg is a hospitable place to live and/or visit!!!
That's soooo not a fair thing to say! I want (and I'd imagine a lot of the G'ville "cheerleaders do too) Spartanburg to be successful and a desirable place to live/work. Anything that's good for Spartanburg (or Anderson, or Greenville, etc.) is good for the entire Upstate!

Old 07-26-2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4au View Post
Such as - what is KUDZO?
Kudzu is a nefarious vine/ivy of Japanese origin that is slowly taking over the South. If you pass a field or vacant lot, and you see bulbous shapes covered in green leafy vegetation, you're probably looking at trees and/or abandoned houses covered in the stuff!

Old 07-26-2010, 08:26 AM

182 posts, read 351,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
That's soooo not a fair thing to say! I want (and I'd imagine a lot of the G'ville "cheerleaders do too) Spartanburg to be successful and a desirable place to live/work. Anything that's good for Spartanburg (or Anderson, or Greenville, etc.) is good for the entire Upstate!
So sarcasm isn't welcome here?

Old 07-26-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopShotter View Post
So sarcasm isn't welcome here?
Sorry - wasn't sure from the context.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:10 PM

301 posts, read 805,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Kudzu is a nefarious vine/ivy of Japanese origin that is slowly taking over the South. If you pass a field or vacant lot, and you see bulbous shapes covered in green leafy vegetation, you're probably looking at trees and/or abandoned houses covered in the stuff!
The truth!

My school had a big thing to do with the kudzu coalition a few years ago. The stuff is a beast to get rid of... but basically it's really green ivy that covers up EVERYTHING.

Kudzu
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area