Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 09:58 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoll View Post
@SOPHIA: I THINK YOGURT TASTES EXACTLY LIKE ICE CREAM. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS YOGURT HAS GOOD PROBIOTICS IN THERE THAT HELP REGULATE YOUR DIGESTIVE TRACT (TRUST ME, I KNOW...I WORK IN THE MEDICAL FIELD). WHY EAT ICE CREAM WHEN YOU CAN EAT FRO-YO AND STILL HAVE SAME TASTE, IF NOT BETTER, PLUS IT'S LOW IN FAT CONTENT COMPARED TO ICE CREAM. IT'S BASICALLY A DIFFERENT WAY OF THOUGHT PROCESS NOW: EAT HEALTHY, BUT NOT GIVING UP THE AWESOME TASTE!&nbsp; <br><br>@ELDEMILA: HAVE YOU HAD CREME BRULEE YOGURT? IT'S LIKE FROZEN CUSTARD (I JUST HAD IT THE OTHER DAY AT TUTTI FRUTTI). <br>&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>
I think you hit the caps lock. my point was, I don't think that flavored frozen yogurt with toppings is "healthy" or low in fat at all. If you like the taste better that's one thing, but it's not healthy. Anyone remember that Seinfeld episode where Jerry proved that the frozen yogurt place was lying and their yogurt wasn't fat free? Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 06:52 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,188,965 times
Sorry, I have to say I don't think yogurt tastes anything like ice cream. To me, many of the flavors have a funky after-taste, and the ones I do like are tart and I don't know of any ice cream that's tart like that. I've tried many "cheesecake" yogurt flavors and have not found a single one that doesn't taste like what it should. I don't mind the tart flavors, which is how yogurt is. But I surely wouldn't pick yogurt over ice cream, it's definitely on the bottom of my list.

Since frozen custard (true frozen custard -closest place I know is CinToms in Asheville) is hard to find, I usually have to "suffer" and have ice cream, but given the choice, I'd go for frozen custard first.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:28 AM

For anyone interested found a coupon for TF on line

Money Mailer Coupon

Old 09-21-2011, 11:28 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Sorry, I have to say I don't think yogurt tastes anything like ice cream. To me, many of the flavors have a funky after-taste, and the ones I do like are tart and I don't know of any ice cream that's tart like that. I've tried many "cheesecake" yogurt flavors and have not found a single one that doesn't taste like what it should. I don't mind the tart flavors, which is how yogurt is. But I surely wouldn't pick yogurt over ice cream, it's definitely on the bottom of my list.

Since frozen custard (true frozen custard -closest place I know is CinToms in Asheville) is hard to find, I usually have to "suffer" and have ice cream, but given the choice, I'd go for frozen custard first.
Have you tried Rita's? Their custard is pretty good.

Old 09-22-2011, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Have you tried Rita's? Their custard is pretty good.
I have and it's nothing like the frozen custard I've grown up eating. . If you want some REAL frozen custard hit CinToms on Sweeten Creek in Asheville. It's the only place I know of within driving distance that has true frozen custard. I would drive the hour to get there rather than down the street for Rita's. No comparison at all. Just my opinion.

Old 09-22-2011, 06:36 AM

12 posts, read 18,103 times
I agree with you about the frozen custard. We grew up eating it from a place called Abbotts in upstate NY. It's one of the first places I go when I go home for a visit. Frozen custard wins hands down everytime.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmac112166 View Post
I agree with you about the frozen custard. We grew up eating it from a place called Abbotts in upstate NY. It's one of the first places I go when I go home for a visit. Frozen custard wins hands down everytime.
My Grandmother's friend owned Abbotts - I'd frequent the one down on the Ridge more than the one in Charlotte when I'd go up to the cottage on the lake in the summer in Hilton. Don & Bobs was also a favorite place to go. I loved going to Buckmans too My entire family is from Rochester.

If you haven't been over to CinToms don't miss going there if you're up in the Asheville area. He's not as busy as Abbotts or D&B so unless you hit him at the time it's coming out of the machine, he's going to have it in tubs - winter hours are coming and he's only open limited days, but his custard is awesome. Not to mention, nicest guy owns it!

Old 09-22-2011, 08:54 PM

3 posts, read 5,690 times
Oops, sorry about the cap locks. I agree, the tart frozen yogurt flavor ones taste the best. If you want healthy toppings, go for the fruits. My favorite is a nice tub of mango with green apple yogurt and loaded mangoes, strawberries, raspberries. Hmm...yum yum. Makes me wanna get some this weekend. Hehe. Thanks Eldemila for the coupon!

Old 09-23-2011, 06:43 AM

12 posts, read 18,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
My Grandmother's friend owned Abbotts - I'd frequent the one down on the Ridge more than the one in Charlotte when I'd go up to the cottage on the lake in the summer in Hilton. Don & Bobs was also a favorite place to go. I loved going to Buckmans too My entire family is from Rochester.

If you haven't been over to CinToms don't miss going there if you're up in the Asheville area. He's not as busy as Abbotts or D&B so unless you hit him at the time it's coming out of the machine, he's going to have it in tubs - winter hours are coming and he's only open limited days, but his custard is awesome. Not to mention, nicest guy owns it!
Nice to see someone else from Rochester!! I usually go to the Charlotte location. Something about hitting LDR then getting an Abbotts and walking the beach...that's when life is really, really good !
Thanks for the tip on CinToms, I'll have to check it out. Ashville is only an hours drive from my house and we usually drive up several times a year to visit Biltmore House.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmac112166 View Post
Nice to see someone else from Rochester!! I usually go to the Charlotte location. Something about hitting LDR then getting an Abbotts and walking the beach...that's when life is really, really good !
Thanks for the tip on CinToms, I'll have to check it out. Ashville is only an hours drive from my house and we usually drive up several times a year to visit Biltmore House.
There's a few Rochestarians on this forum, maybe they'll give you a
shout-out I'm not originally from Roch. just the fam - I'm a native Floridian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area