Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 07:44 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Yes. In multiple cities including the original locations in Birmingham (where I'm from). They franchise and the quality of their food is not consistent among the various locations. Apparently they are just out for growth and not really making the franchise groups toe the line on quality.

I want to like them....as the marketing image is good, but.....the food is not.
There is one Dallas location I've tried 3 times....won't go back. Not sure how the location remains open, never a soul in the place, even at the height of lunch.
Well the trend doesn't look good if you had a bad experience in three locations. Only thing that can be hoped for is that the franchisee in Greenville can do a better job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 03:42 PM

105 posts, read 383,790 times
so apparently this is going into the Schlotzsky's location. there's a coming soon banner up now and some interior work has started.

ive been wondering what was going on because Schlotzsky's has had a sign in the window for 3 or 4 months that said they would be closed temporarily due to new equipment installation and would reopen soon. Why didnt they just say they were closing?

Old 08-07-2011, 12:27 PM

105 posts, read 383,790 times
this place is now open, although i havent stopped in yet.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:37 PM

411 posts, read 853,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Yes. In multiple cities including the original locations in Birmingham (where I'm from). They franchise and the quality of their food is not consistent among the various locations. Apparently they are just out for growth and not really making the franchise groups toe the line on quality.

I want to like them....as the marketing image is good, but.....the food is not.
There is one Dallas location I've tried 3 times....won't go back. Not sure how the location remains open, never a soul in the place, even at the height of lunch.

REALLY?!?!

I love Zoe's! I adore their greek chicken pasta! My hubby loves their chicken salad as well. I was thrilled to read that Greenville is getting one.

They have two locations in Columbia, and both of them were great. Maybe, as with most chains, the food prep varies greatly on the quality of the staff? I will admit that they are a little pricey though...

Speaking of chains... A friend of mine also told me that Voodoo BBQ from Lousiana is opening up in Greenville. That news might have already been passed around here.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:05 PM

899 posts, read 2,287,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhousejunkie View Post
REALLY?!?!

I love Zoe's! I adore their greek chicken pasta! My hubby loves their chicken salad as well. I was thrilled to read that Greenville is getting one.

They have two locations in Columbia, and both of them were great. Maybe, as with most chains, the food prep varies greatly on the quality of the staff? I will admit that they are a little pricey though...

Speaking of chains... A friend of mine also told me that Voodoo BBQ from Lousiana is opening up in Greenville. That news might have already been passed around here.
I'm looking forward to both of these places opening. Zoe's is one of those places in Columbia that I have always wanted to try when down there but just never do - but it looks really good. And I am all about anything having to do with either BBQ or New Orleans - so I am really excited to see what Voodoo's food is like.

Yeah, someone did mention Voodoo BBQ on the board before. Then I went to their website and couldn't get the song out of my head for days that plays whenever you pull up their site. Now thanks to you it's back and I can't get it out of my head!

Old 10-10-2011, 10:18 AM

55 posts, read 140,947 times
Anyone tried Zoe's since they opened on Augusta?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area