Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 02:23 PM

3 posts, read 3,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabin View Post
Simpsonville is cookie cutter central, way far from downtown...and for people that can't afford Greenville. It's the pits. Trying to get out.
I beg to differ - you may be right that I can't afford certain areas of Greenville, but you're going to find cookie cutter everywhere. We live in Long Creek Plantation which is just down the road from Weatherstone and I like that we have the Reedy River and Rocky Creek nearby. Our neighborhood has trails which run along both, and along with the surrounding communities we're working on a greenway system. Google up Rocky Creek Greenway and you'll see. Not cookie cutter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 02:43 PM

11 posts, read 11,688 times
If 20 mins drive is "way far from downtown" i'm happy. Weatherstone doesn't seem cookie cutter, the houses are custom from several different builders... the rest of simpsonville might be more cookie cutter, but i'm more concerned about good schools and family friendly neighbourhoods than every house being a different design. I'm sure people do choose to live in Simpsonville and not just regard it as the cheaper alternative to Greenville... it was in the top 10 towns for families after all... I'll gladly drive you to your individual, expensive new house in Greenville, Cabin!

Old 07-05-2011, 03:53 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,142,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabin View Post
Simpsonville is cookie cutter central, way far from downtown...and for people that can't afford Greenville. It's the pits. Trying to get out.
That was pretty much a dumb reply.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:20 PM

192 posts, read 608,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFFC View Post
If 20 mins drive is "way far from downtown" i'm happy. Weatherstone doesn't seem cookie cutter, the houses are custom from several different builders... the rest of simpsonville might be more cookie cutter, but i'm more concerned about good schools and family friendly neighbourhoods than every house being a different design. I'm sure people do choose to live in Simpsonville and not just regard it as the cheaper alternative to Greenville... it was in the top 10 towns for families after all... I'll gladly drive you to your individual, expensive new house in Greenville, Cabin!
Simpsonville is worse than 9 11

Old 07-07-2011, 02:42 PM

156 posts, read 356,856 times
Default Love it in Weatherstone!

We've been here for 1.5 years. So far so good. Love it. The houses are not cookie cutter -- one of the reasons that attracted us to the neighborhood. Everyone we've met has been very nice. We just had a 4th of July neighborhood parade on Monday where all the kids decorated bikes and wagons...very cute. All lots not quite finished and yes there is building going on so if that bothers you than it may be an issue (personally aside from the occasional drilling it doesn't bother me and I'm home all day). Let's see, what else. That's all I can think of. Regarding the schools, I haven't heard one bad word on Fork Shoals. The middle school (Ralph Chandler) is right next to it but we are zoned for Woodmont -- most apply for special permission to attend Ralph Chandler from which I understand isn't a problem to get into.
Hope this helps and welcome to the neighborhood!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area