Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 05:30 PM

31 posts, read 98,689 times

Advertisements

It's hard to find the dog park. It's kind of in between the Vet's office and the railroad station.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 05:33 PM

344 posts, read 816,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan R View Post
It's hard to find the dog park. It's kind of in between the Vet's office and the railroad station.
Good to know- thanks!

Old 06-26-2011, 05:48 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,470,877 times
I second the thanks for posting about the pavilion park!! I moved from Asheville were we had two steller parks in town with 2 others in neighboring towns. When i saw Cleveland park I was like....guess no dog park trips anymore. Like others said it was way too small, low fence, and crowded, which isn't a good dog park combination.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:50 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
Quote:
There's a relatively new dog park at the Pavilion park off East North street. I think it opened last spring. I've been there probably 5 times and have seen another dog there once. Word hasn't spread about its existence. I've been to Cleveland park many times, and it's almost always packed. The park at the Pavilion is extremely nice. It has 2 separate fenced in areas and the total size is probably 3 times as large as Cleveland park. It's also a much more exciting and landscaped area for the dogs. There is a nice mix of an open grassy field along with a more wooded and mulch filled area.

The only 3 parks I'm aware of are Cleveland, 6 Wags in Greer, and Pavilion. Cleveland is small, crowded, and not convenient for those of us who don't live downtime. 6 Wags can also be a drive. It's a very nice park but has a cost to get in. The Pavilion is convenient for those on the east side and a much nicer park than Cleveland, but it's always empty.
I'd love to see some pics of the Pavillion Park if anyone has any to share. Is it actually located where the ice skating rink is in Taylors? How do you get there?

Old 06-26-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I'd love to see some pics of the Pavillion Park if anyone has any to share. Is it actually located where the ice skating rink is in Taylors? How do you get there?
This is the park: The Pavilion Dog Park | Dog Goes

Those aren't very good pictures. If all you know is Cleveland park, the park at the Pavilion is leaps and bounds nicer. It is in the same general area with the ice skating rink, just around the back.

Want to know exactly where it is? It's here.

This address will take you to the Pavilion...but when you get there, there are no signs to the dog park way around the back.

Another thing worth mentioning, there is no water fountain at this park. Occasionally when I go, there's water in a large community bowl, but I have no idea how long it's been there or what's in it, so I usually take some water with me.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:05 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
Quote:
This is the park: The Pavilion Dog Park | Dog Goes

Those aren't very good pictures. Trust me, if all you know is Cleveland park, the park at the Pavilion is leaps and bounds nicer. It is in the same general area with the ice skating rink, just around the back.

Another thing worth mentioning, there is no water fountain at this park. Occasionally when I go, there's water in a large community bowl, but I have no idea how long it's been there or what's in it, so I usually take some water with me.

Want to know exactly where it is?

It's here: 34.886584, -82.299469 - Google Maps

This address will take you to the Pavilion...but when you get there, there are no signs to the dog park way around the back.
Thanks, we'll have to check out. Thanks for the tip on the water as well. Is there any place to sit?

Old 06-26-2011, 07:09 PM

If you're comfortable sitting on a giant rock that's the same height as a seat, yes...but there are no benches.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:18 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,470,877 times
Wow ya thats WAY better than the Cleveland one! My dogs wont be able to jump that fence! Thanks agian and maybe I'll see you out there one day!

Old 06-27-2011, 12:27 PM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Simpsonville could use a dog park, possibly attached to Heritage Park... Currently city policy though bans dogs at that park, but could be changed. Downtown Simpsonville park is also a good idea.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:23 PM

3 posts, read 9,224 times
Hello we are just exploring the area and I am wondering are there nature trails you can walk your dog? Up in the mountains possibly?.? My dog is used to roam free, moving up from the west coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area