Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 06:31 PM

298 posts, read 687,303 times

Advertisements

Sassafras is a good option for the Southern Cookin' Experience.

Shrimp & Grits there are very good.

Sticky Fingers .... not so much for me ..... just another chain. If you're gonna do BBQ ..... Smoke on the Water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 07:03 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,578,065 times
I support the votes for Smoke on the Water. If the weather is nice, the outdoor tables are a great experience!

It's not a terrible walk, but if it's uncomfortable for you, the trolley can take you from your hotel to the block where the restaurant is!

Old 09-01-2011, 08:45 AM

1,742 posts, read 4,343,831 times
I really appreciate all of your suggestions. I did go to Smoke on the Water and loved the food and atmosphere! The downtown section is beautiful, and the residents are very upbeat and positive about Greenville.

Thanks again!

Old 09-01-2011, 11:53 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,578,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lititzman2003 View Post
I really appreciate all of your suggestions. I did go to Smoke on the Water and loved the food and atmosphere! The downtown section is beautiful, and the residents are very upbeat and positive about Greenville.

Thanks again!
Great to hear!

Old 09-12-2011, 03:24 PM

8 posts, read 20,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieLovesCarolina View Post
On North Main I would recommend Sassafras. Delicious food, reasonably priced and has a really nice atmosphere. it's quickly becoming one of our favorites.
absolutely delicious. try the crab nachos!
And on Wednesday's they have 1/2 off bottles of wine. win/win

Old 09-12-2011, 03:33 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,843,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post

For an affordable Southern meal in a Southern atmosphere, try Sticky Fingers.
wow, I can't inagine why anyone would choose sticky fingers as "southern food" in a "southern atmosphere". its the most generic chain type restaurant in downtown......not to mention the most generic bbq.....

Old 09-12-2011, 11:39 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,383,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
wow, I can't inagine why anyone would choose sticky fingers as "southern food" in a "southern atmosphere". its the most generic chain type restaurant in downtown......not to mention the most generic bbq.....
Pulled pork, ribs, beef brisket, fried corn, BBQ baked beans, cole slaw... Add a variety of sauces, real Blues music and a cozy booth overlooking Main Street and you've got a fairly decent little treat for someone (not everyone) unfamiliar with the South. Believe it or not, Sticky Fingers worked like a charm for me earlier this summer while hosting a few friends and family members from PA. One of the strange downsides at Sticky Fingers (considering it is based in SC) is their lack of local/regional draft beer. If not for the sudden heavy rain, we would have continued walking to Smoke on the Water. Fortunately, the rain stopped during our meal and the subsequent walking tour of the West End could not have been more comfortable (for a SC summer) or productive. Greenville may very possibly grow soon as a result of that evening.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:59 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,797,602 times
I actually like Sticky Fingers. Plus they are a southern company that was started in the Charleston area.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:55 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,843,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Pulled pork, ribs, beef brisket, fried corn, BBQ baked beans, cole slaw... Add a variety of sauces,
You just described any bbq restaurant menu anywhere. this is my point. location is the only upside to this place. For chain bbq, Famous daves would kill that place anyday, and I don't even think famous daves is that great. Live music I can get anywhere on main st. I'm not a big fan of wild wing cafe' either, these small chains while i'm sure they make a ton of money do a poor job representing the south IMHO.

For good southern bbq, see Bucky's in Greer, and have some sweet potato crisp!

Last edited by NoodlesKnowles; 09-13-2011 at 01:19 AM..

Old 09-13-2011, 05:55 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,548,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
...And "affordable"? Maybe vs Nantucket, but I can get just as good or better BBQ locally for much less $$.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area