Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 07:52 AM

477 posts, read 842,002 times

Advertisements

We need new tires for our 2002 Honda Odyssey asap. Where can I find the best deal in Greenville (or even better Simpsonville)?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 08:01 AM

915 posts, read 2,425,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto7SC View Post
We need new tires for our 2002 Honda Odyssey asap. Where can I find the best deal in Greenville (or even better Simpsonville)?

Thanks
Honestly, they vary. I was tire shopping a few months ago for a Nissan, and it seemed like sales on 12 packs of Pepsi. One store had the sale this week, another store had it the week after.

I ended up going with a Firestone Center, because I was able to get them to match the lowest price I could find for the same tires, which was Sears at the time. Firestone's installation charges were also less than Sears. Firestone also future price matches for up to 30 days, so if you see an ad for the same tires, cheaper, they'll credit you the difference.

Being a Honda, I would also highly recommend calling Especially Honda - 864-214-0473 - http://www.greenvilleautorepairservice.net/ (broken link)

That was about 4 months ago, and I'm still happy.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:13 AM

1,145 posts, read 2,876,602 times
I see that Costco has $70 off a set of tires this month for members. The coupon is in the book mailed to members monthly. I also know several people who always go to Costco for their tires but I've never used them. It is an hour drive for me .....

Old 09-12-2011, 10:56 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,669,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinabean View Post
I see that Costco has $70 off a set of tires this month for members. The coupon is in the book mailed to members monthly. I also know several people who always go to Costco for their tires but I've never used them. It is an hour drive for me .....
I think that Sam's is running a similar (identical?) special as well.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:06 AM

9,520 posts, read 9,841,632 times
Both Sam's and Costco are great choices... A few years ago I bought tires for my 2006 Oddy at Tire Kingdom. But what I did first was go online to Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels, found the tires I wanted and called Tire Kingdom. TK matched the tirerack price. The tirerack price was a good amount lower than TK's normal price.

2002 Honda Odyssey:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireIndex=0&autoMake=Honda&a utoYear=2002&autoModel=Odyssey&autoModClar=&width= 225/&ratio=60&diameter=16&sortCode=45850&skipOver=true &minSpeedRating=T&minLoadRating=S&tab=BS&filterTyp e=bestseller

Old 09-12-2011, 02:38 PM

344 posts, read 816,971 times
My husband always uses Discount Tire. They price match if they are not already the lowest price. The other thing my husband likes is their customer service- once you are in their system as a customer, you get free tire rotations and tire repairs for life. We've had 2 tire rotations, and two tire patches on my Honda- totally free, and we haven't even replaced the tires on it yet. Just because we've bought from them in the past, they service the Honda for free- it's a nice perk, and it keeps us coming back to them. My parents use them for all their tires as well.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:38 AM

31 posts, read 50,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMom77 View Post
My husband always uses Discount Tire. They price match if they are not already the lowest price. The other thing my husband likes is their customer service- once you are in their system as a customer, you get free tire rotations and tire repairs for life. We've had 2 tire rotations, and two tire patches on my Honda- totally free, and we haven't even replaced the tires on it yet. Just because we've bought from them in the past, they service the Honda for free- it's a nice perk, and it keeps us coming back to them. My parents use them for all their tires as well.

After checking prices and reputations for service, I just bought a set of Michelins from Discount Tire at their Greer location. Very good service, they had 2 rebates and they matched another price. Their standard price was identical to Costco. And they do service my other car, rotations, etc, for free.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:41 AM

477 posts, read 842,002 times
I checked out 5 different places yesterday and got quotes ranging from $430 to about $800.
I was hoping to find any deals but there was nothing. I know some places sometimes have "buy 2 get 2 free" or "buy 3 get 1 free" deals but I didn't see any.
Does anyone know of places that have those deals right now?

Old 09-13-2011, 08:25 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,847,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto7SC View Post
I checked out 5 different places yesterday and got quotes ranging from $430 to about $800.
I was hoping to find any deals but there was nothing. I know some places sometimes have "buy 2 get 2 free" or "buy 3 get 1 free" deals but I didn't see any.
Does anyone know of places that have those deals right now?
these deals are usually BS, after taxes fees and jacking the price on the other three or two tires, you generally pay the same amount. I have a tire guy I usually go to, he's not super cheaper than the other guys but can compete and usually beat the competition. Browns Tire and muffler on w blue ridge dr, google it and give him a call, the owner or his wife will deal with you directly, and quote you the EXACT price he will charge for tires and mounting. these guys are great.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:34 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,556,115 times
I usually buy from Tires.com and have a place in Mauldin that they're drop-shipped to; they install them for a very reasonable fee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area