Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 06:50 AM

212 posts, read 492,646 times

Advertisements

The only question I have for this post is to put each of the following areas in order from most to least desirable. Most desirable meaning (best schools, neighborhoods well kept, upscale, low crime, etc..). Thank you.

Greer
Mauldin
Simpsonville
Five Forks
Wade Hampton
Travelers Rest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 07:01 AM

179 posts, read 462,676 times
My take:

Simpsonville
Greer
Five Forks
Mauldin
Travelers Rest
Wade Hampton

Old 06-29-2011, 07:28 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amator View Post
My take:

Simpsonville
Greer
Five Forks
Mauldin
Travelers Rest
Wade Hampton
IMO, almost the same order except:

Simpsonville / Greer - tie
Five Forks
Powdersville
Mauldin / Travelers Rest - tie
Wade Hampton

Old 06-29-2011, 09:19 AM

179 posts, read 462,676 times
Nice edit gsupstate, I'll agree with that 100%

And a little plug for Fountain Inn, we're just 5 minutes past Simpsonville with many of the same features and lower prices.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:51 AM

344 posts, read 816,445 times
In my opinion:

Greer
Mauldin
Five Forks
Simpsonville
Wade Hampton/Travelers Rest Tie

Old 06-29-2011, 10:26 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,547,194 times
Isn't the Five Forks area actually considered to be part of Simpsonville?

Old 06-29-2011, 10:33 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,665,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMom77 View Post
In my opinion:

Greer
Mauldin
Five Forks
Simpsonville
Wade Hampton/Travelers Rest Tie
This is closer to how it we see it, but everyone has different needs and priorities.

Ours was partially based on schools, and the desire to stay in Greenville county (which ruled out Powdersville, even though we like the area).

Old 06-29-2011, 11:03 AM

130 posts, read 266,677 times
Other than TR, is there really a difference between these places? Depending on the subdivision in which you live, they are all practically the same. TR is somewhat more rural depending on whether you live north or south of it.
BTW, all are in the same school district.
My advice, pick one and rent for six months. Watch the local news on TV, read the local newspapers and visit the other areas. Then decide on a "permanent" location.
Unless tied to Greenville County, might want to consider Spartanburg and Pickens Counties as well.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,062 times
Default Traveler's Rest?

Could someone weigh in with the negatives of TR; i.e., why does it rank at or near the bottom of all of the lists?

Old 06-29-2011, 11:51 AM

144 posts, read 296,111 times
My list.
T.R
Mauldin
Greer
Five Forks
Wade Hampton (Not sure what you mean by this..The school is very good but the immediate one mile radius around it is not great however subdivisions like Pebble Creek and Montebello and Paris Mountain fall into this school district and are all very good neighborhoods..If this is the area you are talking about it might be better labeled North Pleasantburg/State Park Rd and that area would be first or second on my list.)
Simpsonville.

People put T.R in the negative because of its distance from the major shopping hubs of Woodruff rd and the 385 corridor that stretches down to Simpsonville. It also has a much more rural country feel to it. If five to ten minute access to major shopping is a necessity then T.R is probably not a good choice. But there is a Publix in that market and Cherrydale is a short drive as well as Downtown so the daily and weekly needs are easily attained.
In my opinion it is by far the most scenic area of Greenville and has the least traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area