Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 08:32 PM

11 posts, read 25,559 times

Advertisements

you can go to one of the three discount tire stores in greenville. they will air them up for you for free and you dont have to get out of the car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 02:15 PM

9,503 posts, read 9,828,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I have looked at that ruvidu; but those need to use the lighter jack and it doesn't work in my car. If you know of one that runs on battery or AC power, please share.
I had one that used the 12V lighter in my car and worked quite well until the plug broke one day.

Now looking at getting a Black and Decker model that runs both off the 12V in a car, plus 120V AC from your house:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Old 01-13-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Kid View Post
you can go to one of the three discount tire stores in greenville. they will air them up for you for free and you dont have to get out of the car.
My coworker had a slow leak in his tire. Discount Tire on Woodruff, repaired the leak for free even though he had not purchased the tires from them.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:52 PM

696 posts, read 1,336,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I asked Mauldin Patch the same thing last week. Kellett's in Mauldin used to have an air hose out but everytime I go by there now it isn't there. Air stations are often targets of theft or destruction so I understand why little is offered free, but come on; someone has got to offer free air. I'd prefer a place by Mauldin City Hall as I rarely leave the area where I live.
That's too bad about Kellet's. My pickup used to have four leaky tires, and since I worked off Butler Rd, I used to visit them often. Maybe they will put the hose back out. Did you ask why they don't have it out anymore?

I carry a Bridgestone auto emergency kit now from Costco which has a 12v compressor with an auto adapter. It has some other pretty useful stuff in it, too, like a first aid kit, poncho, and even nozzle adapters for the compressor for pumping up basketballs and the like.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:54 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,537,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I had one that used the 12V lighter in my car and worked quite well until the plug broke one day.

Now looking at getting a Black and Decker model that runs both off the 12V in a car, plus 120V AC from your house:

Amazon.com: Black & Decker ASI300 Air Station Inflator: Home Improvement
Thanks! +1

Old 01-13-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsinphilly View Post
That's too bad about Kellet's. My pickup used to have four leaky tires, and since I worked off Butler Rd, I used to visit them often. Maybe they will put the hose back out. Did you ask why they don't have it out anymore?

I carry a Bridgestone auto emergency kit now from Costco which has a 12v compressor with an auto adapter. It has some other pretty useful stuff in it, too, like a first aid kit, poncho, and even nozzle adapters for the compressor for pumping up basketballs and the like.
No I haven't had to get out of my car over there yet. One day maybe or my Dad will find out!

Old 01-19-2012, 08:45 AM

13 posts, read 41,977 times
The HOTSPOT on 123 near the race track has free air I get it there all the time.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:16 AM

Kellett's in Mauldin does have free air. Found the hose by the Diesel pump on the side.

I took Mom's car over there to fill the tires and one of the mechanics came out to help me! I was almost done but its nice to think that if Mom had gone they would have helped her to.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:14 AM

In the future when you buy new tires, have them put in nitrogen instead of air. Nitrogen lasts longer than air and is supposed to help with MPG.

Also nitrogen is "usually" free if you go back to the place you purchased the tires. I know Honda Dealerships will refill for free as well as Costco.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:38 AM

30 posts, read 39,098 times
The Quick trip in Greenville, across from McDonalds has free air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area