Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2012, 01:23 AM

19 posts, read 64,001 times

Advertisements

We just closed on a house in Mauldin, but it's not "in the city" I'm told, so no city trash pickup. I was told to check into "Waste Management" and "Waste Industries" as the two local companies that schedule residential trash pickup -- one I can't find online, and the other wants you to sign up and give a credit card WITHOUT telling you their fees! I am frustrated -- any advice or referrals from locals would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 06:54 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,533,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeely View Post
We just closed on a house in Mauldin, but it's not "in the city" I'm told, so no city trash pickup. I was told to check into "Waste Management" and "Waste Industries" as the two local companies that schedule residential trash pickup -- one I can't find online, and the other wants you to sign up and give a credit card WITHOUT telling you their fees! I am frustrated -- any advice or referrals from locals would be much appreciated.
I have never heard of Mauldin having an unincorporated area. What subdivision are you in? Do your neighbors have green containers or black containers?

Old 02-26-2012, 07:48 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,610,403 times
First, relax.

However, I'm just floored that your real estate agent didn't inform you that your house was located within or out of the city limits - of course, this can make a significant difference with property taxes.

Second, make absolute certain you do/do not live within the city of limits of Mauldin - see this Mauldin city map from Google.

Third, there are several trash pick-up services in the area. Several years ago, I lived in an unincorporated part of Simpsonville (in Greenville county) and used O'Neal for trash service. I don't recall this company asking for a credit card prior to beginning their service.

Lastly, just ask a few neighbors for some answers and recommendations.

Here are some recent threads re trash collection:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/green...reenville.html
https://www.city-data.com/forum/green...ollection.html
https://www.city-data.com/forum/green...h-service.html

Old 02-26-2012, 10:04 AM

288 posts, read 949,411 times
We live in Simpsonville, which is very close, so I'd assume our providers would cover you too. Our main providers are Waste Industries, Waste Management and O'Neal. We had O'Neal for years but, recently, their service got really spotty. Missed pickups, pickups at 11 pm, etc. And they stopped taking glass for recycling. We had Waste Industries for a while too, until they also stopped taking glass. Now we use Waste Management and are very happy. They are on time every week. And they have an extensive recycling program, taking about everything. We have once weekly trash and recycling pickup (no recycling sorting required). Their prices are right inline with the other two. The recycling only costs about $8 (quarterly) extra so that's a no brainer. Number for Waste Management is 864-949-2600. They were very nice when I called and gave me a breakdown of prices.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:21 PM

19 posts, read 64,001 times
Thanks, all! Waste Managment sounds like a good choice for us (like the recycling). We are moving into Planter's Row; we knew it was outside the city limites which DOES make the taxes quite a bit cheaper, but we didn't even think about trash service -- this is our first house purchase. Usually you can find anything online (with prices), but this one was giving me fits. My husband did just suggest that I could use this question as a way to meet the neighbors, but my compulsion to Google all things had me online late last night looking for info, prices, and ratings. Thanks again!

Old 02-26-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeely View Post
Thanks, all! Waste Managment sounds like a good choice for us (like the recycling). We are moving into Planter's Row; we knew it was outside the city limites which DOES make the taxes quite a bit cheaper, but we didn't even think about trash service -- this is our first house purchase. Usually you can find anything online (with prices), but this one was giving me fits. My husband did just suggest that I could use this question as a way to meet the neighbors, but my compulsion to Google all things had me online late last night looking for info, prices, and ratings. Thanks again!
You must be moving to the newer part of Planter's Row because much of PR is in Mauldin. Again, I will ask; do your neighbors have green trash cans? Call the city tomorrow. I'm in Planter's Row on the other side of Ashmore Bridges Rd and we get our trash picked up on Friday but we are definitely "just" inside city limits.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:06 AM

I don't think the city boundaries on that map are correct. I looked up a property on Timlin Dr on the county's website here

Vehicle & Other Taxes Search - Greenville County, S.C.

and found Mauldin City tax applied to a bill in the 100 block. It just doesn't make sense to me that all of Planter's Row wouldn't be in the city. Try looking up your property OP and go look at the last bill for 2011 and see if Mauldin City is itemized on it. If it is you are in the city limits and they should be picking up your trash.

Old 03-13-2017, 06:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,580 times
Default Mauldin garbage collection

I live in Brookside community in Mauldin. Does not have city garbage collection.

I am now using Ladson Garbage Co from Simpsonville. Local company ... may be a minority also. Anyway, do not like large corporations e.g. Waste Industries, Waste Management.

Ladson is $54 for 3 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area