Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 06:48 PM

1 posts, read 3,004 times

Advertisements

I'm relocating to downtown Greenville, SC in June 2012. I have been desperately searching downtown apartments but the only property which has units available is McBee Station. I am REALLY interested in finding a condo owner in the River Place, Bookends, etc area who is willing to rent a 2B/2B condo. Does anyone know how to contact the owners or how to search for rentals in that area. I would GREATLY appreciate any input!

Thank you!! I'm excited to move to Greenville!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 06:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,723 times
Default Greenville condo rentals

having same problem. any luck with leads?

Old 07-14-2012, 03:17 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,093,326 times
Did you try Craigslist?

Old 07-15-2012, 07:16 AM

3 posts, read 8,054 times
Default Rental Market

Relocating to the Greenville area. Would like some info on the rental market for a single family home, town home or condo. ALso, any info on the overall job market would behelpful.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,628 times
I am currently looking too for a condo downtown to rent...anyone know where to go to look to see whats available??

Old 07-16-2012, 07:29 PM

8 posts, read 12,239 times
I live in the Richland at Cleveland Park. There are several units for sale and I think some owners would be open to a 1 year lease. Most are 2bed/2bath but vary in square footage. I would check out realtor.com and contact the listing agent to see if the owner would open to renting. Good luck!

Old 07-17-2012, 03:37 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,847,251 times
try this link Rentals I know there are not many condos, but it might help you, I will try to do a search on local condo rentals. The rental market seems tight and getting tighter in the Greenville area. :-/

What is your price range? The Lofts of Greenville looks nice.

try using padmapper.com? it will show you a few different sites listings, and map them for you.

Last edited by NoodlesKnowles; 07-17-2012 at 03:48 AM..

Old 07-17-2012, 03:07 PM

19 posts, read 52,950 times
Many of the real estate companies also have a lease department. I know that Dan Joyner prudential & Coldwell Banker Caine also have lease availabily. My friend's condo building uses the Goldsmith Company (on Haywood Rd) and they also manage locations downtown. Hope that helps.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:03 AM

4 posts, read 4,576 times
Default Information/opinion regarding richland condos

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmap View Post
I live in the Richland at Cleveland Park. There are several units for sale and I think some owners would be open to a 1 year lease. Most are 2bed/2bath but vary in square footage. I would check out realtor.com and contact the listing agent to see if the owner would open to renting. Good luck!

I am considering buying in the richland condos. How long have you lived there. What do you like/dislike about living there. In your opinion is the homeowners association in stable financial condition. Seems to be several sales in the last two years. Any reason for all the sales or just coincidence ? Certainly would appreciate all information you care to share.

Do you walk to the west end, or is it too far?

Thanks
Linda

Old 02-04-2015, 01:36 PM

8 posts, read 12,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 424hawaii View Post
I am considering buying in the richland condos. How long have you lived there. What do you like/dislike about living there. In your opinion is the homeowners association in stable financial condition. Seems to be several sales in the last two years. Any reason for all the sales or just coincidence ? Certainly would appreciate all information you care to share.

Do you walk to the west end, or is it too far?

Thanks
Linda
I lived in the Richland from Jan 2012-June 2014. Relocated to Charleston, the unit #301 has been sold. The location is awesome because of all the trees you don't feel like your in the city but in secret oasis. The park is across the street which is a plus and Main St is within walking distance. Everything happens in downtown Greenville and if I ever move back that's where I will live. The building is in great shape overall and the HOA fee's include water. The downside is this; the builder cut corners on EVERYTHING that you can't see. Almost every unit has had the HVAC/garbage disposal/internal guts of all toilets replaced. The building isn't 10 years old yet so keep that in mind when looking at the unit. The HOA is stable financially but depending on who the President is they can become annoying. There are 2 issue's still outstanding, #1 there is a foreclosure that has been in foreclosure for over 2 years; the tenants still occupy the unit and DO NOT PAY HOA fee's...long story. #2 there is another foreclosure unit #201 but nobody knows who holds the bank note on the property. If you could do some research and buy the unit that would be a steal. It has been empty over 7 years. That's something to consider since the floor plan is the largest. When I first moved in we had a great president but they moved and the replacement was 180 degree's different. The building is full of retiree's and physicians. The turnover has been normal; 1 family relocated another single female got married, another family had twins another older couple died within weeks of each other. Can't walk to the West End it's just too far unless your really into hiking, lol. I hope this helps and good luck with your purchase!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area