Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 09:56 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,553,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
Powdersville is in Anderson county, so is Pickens, these are part of the options I provided. aanyone can easily google an address to find commute time. Where I live in Easley would be about 45 minutes from 1 Bib way, so i have to assume being closer to 85 on hwy 8 or 153 would cut that time down. Again I was supplying options, sorry if you felt those options were misleading.
Depends. Even from Clemson, it's gonna take at least 35 minutes for him to get there. It all varies between different people, but for me I don't really like to have to drive even 20 minutes to get to my job, and if it was something temporary I would especially be thinking as close as possible, because why would the specific area matter beyond travel time when you wont be staying there even two years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 01:20 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,857,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
why would the specific area matter beyond travel time when you wont be staying there even two years?
Because he/she will be living there for a decent amount of time, I personally would want to be in a decent area, close to shopping and entertainment, etc. The OP expressed interest in being close to Greenville so I would assume he/she is feeling the same way.

You are right. I'm not saying you are not, I was just trying to provide some options to someone who may not know the areas between Greenville and Anderson and what they provide.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,021 times
who is general contractor for new Michelin plant?

Old 05-14-2012, 11:41 AM

4,623 posts, read 6,082,090 times
Powdersville,Easley and Piedmont hardly offer any going out nightlife that the poster mentioned. I think some of you missed that part of it.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:16 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,857,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Powdersville,Easley and Piedmont hardly offer any going out nightlife that the poster mentioned. I think some of you missed that part of it.
Again, they were options closer to entertainment/shopping etc. but also in proximity to where he might be working. moot point anyway though, as he has decided on Clemson.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 927 times
Question Relocating to Anderson

I am interested in relocating from Moore, to Anderson. But I work in Greenville. Has anyone ever heard of the Park on Market Apartments? Is that a nice area to live in?

Old 06-11-2012, 02:13 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,553,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcc33 View Post
I am interested in relocating from Moore, to Anderson. But I work in Greenville. Has anyone ever heard of the Park on Market Apartments? Is that a nice area to live in?
Its a great place, and very affordable too. Its a short ride down Market to get to downtown as well. Also, on either Market or 28 Bypass you'll find clusb/bars if that's your thing and there's a new waffle house right across the street from the apartments. You're also essentially within walking distance of at least one grocery store and several stores and restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area