Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 03:22 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,135,398 times

Advertisements

Every single one had a line down the road, it was amazing to see so many people stand up for liberty, freedom and the 1st Amendment. Disagreement does not equal hate and we stood up with one voice today and shouted that from the roof tops. Today was a good day to exercise my free speech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 03:37 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,827,183 times
Thank goodness for Free Speech, no matter how bigoted.

Yes, the Chick-fil-A's around here were PACKED today. I don't think that's something Greenville should be very proud of, however.

The Bible Belt has always last to accept equal rights for all in this country, and that trend sadly continues today.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:52 PM

11,717 posts, read 24,918,428 times
I knew it was going to be a zoo so I ate at the Easley one yesterday instead to show my support.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:03 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,595,684 times
Not me, but not for any particular reason. I'm too busy at work to go ANYWHERE!! As a gay man, I really chuckle at the freak show on the news. All I know is I get a good quality product and wonderful service at Chik Fil A.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:10 PM

11,717 posts, read 24,918,428 times
Not just in Greenville Art123: Chick-fil-A restaurants become rallying points for supporters - CNN.com Oh and I support gay marriage also. I think it should be legal in all 50 states.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:18 PM

5,526 posts, read 8,386,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post

Yes, the Chick-fil-A's around here were PACKED today. I don't think that's something Greenville should be very proud of, however.

The Bible Belt has always last to accept equal rights for all in this country, and that trend sadly continues today.
Totally disagree! I'm not religious, but I do understand that marriage is a religious ceremony. Can't force people to accept a belief that isn't in line with that can you? Every doctrine I know of explains it that way. If it's about having the same benefits as married couples, that already exist with domestic partnership. I'm not anti gay, but marriage is what it is. A ceremony created by religious beliefs.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:26 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,135,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post

Believing in traditional 1 man/1 woman marriage is not "bigoted." But, that's what the left always does, calls names to those who have an opinion that differs from theirs. Is it okay for us to call you an Anti-Christian bigot? I always hear you guys preach about "diversity" but that doesn't appear to mean diversity of thought. This is about free speech; nothing more, nothing less.

P.S. Sorry to burst your anti South stereotype, but virtually every CFA in America was packed, even the ones in liberal bastions like Mass. and NJ.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:30 PM

477 posts, read 846,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Every single one had a line down the road, it was amazing to see so many people stand up for liberty, freedom and the 1st Amendment. Disagreement does not equal hate and we stood up with one voice today and shouted that from the roof tops. Today was a good day to exercise my free speech.
Lol, you changed the world today.
There is so much more important stuff to stand up for than this single comment from some guy who owns some restaurants. And btw, from what I have read here from you before, I actually think that you didn't go to defend freedom but because you simple don't like gay people since you are a "good" Christian. Just my opinion. Nothing wrong with that. It's freedom of speech, you know.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:35 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,827,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
Totally disagree! I'm not religious, but I do understand that marriage is a religious ceremony. Can't force people to accept a belief that isn't in line with that can you? Every doctrine I know of explains it that way. If it's about having the same benefits as married couples, that already exist with domestic partnership. I'm not anti gay, but marriage is what it is. A ceremony created by religious beliefs.
My wedding wasn't religious. And marriage isn't a ceremony. It's a contract between two people.

And my marriage license, a contract recognized by the government, has absolutely nothing to do with religion. That would violate the US Constitution.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:37 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,595,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto7SC View Post
Lol, you changed the world today.
There is so much more important stuff to stand up for than this single comment from some guy who owns some restaurants. And btw, from what I have read here from you before, I actually think that you didn't go to defend freedom but because you simple don't like gay people since you are a "good" Christian. Just my opinion. Nothing wrong with that. It's freedom of speech, you know.
I think it's VERY important NOT to demonize a businessman for simply stating his personal opinion. If you don't like it, simply don't patronize his business.... Don't create a media dog & pony show for God's sake!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area