Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 07:44 PM

422 posts, read 486,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
It is what it is. Like I said, I'm out. It's a waste of time and air to continue this debate that won't end anyways. In the end, the owner can believe whatever he wants. Just don't eat there.

I never said the owner can't. I don't eat at any fast food restaurants because I actually care about my physical well being. The fact is religion didn't invent the concept of marriage, it didn't even come up with the word for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 07:45 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,470,014 times
Things I don't understand:

1. Why people care so much what other people think/believe.

2. Why the government is involved in marriage in the first place.

3. Why the liberals are jumping all over Chick-Fil-A over these comments, as the one man/one woman belief is quite common and widespread in our society.

4. Why some Christians focus on homosexuality but ignore sins like gluttony, dishonesty, jealousy, greed, etc.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:50 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,323,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
I never said the owner can't. I don't eat at any fast food restaurants because I actually care about my physical well being. The fact is religion didn't invent the concept of marriage, it didn't even come up with the word for it.
So what? Doesn't matter. Doesn't change anything here. The owner believes what he believes.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post

3. Why the liberals are jumping all over Chick-Fil-A over these comments, as the one man/one woman belief is quite common and widespread in our society.

4. Why some Christians focus on homosexuality but ignore sins like gluttony, dishonesty, jealousy, greed, etc.
This is a very true post. Kudos to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post

1. We're social animals. What people think and believe has affect on society because people to take action based on the things they think and believe.

2. Government has a vested interest in the institution of marriage because historically marriage has led to a more prosperous, stable and less violent society. Compare marriage rates between different demographics and you can see that those with higher marriage rates tend to be more prosperous, educated, and stable compared to those with lower rates.

3. Is this really any different than conservatives jumping all over JC Penny and Oreo for pro gay/equality messages? And a belief being common/widespread doesn't mean it can't be challenged. There was once a common and widespread belief that the Earth was flat so...

4. People, including Christians, like to cherry pick and choose what they want to rage over.

924 posts, read 1,644,273 times
I'm loling at the bigotry in here.

Say what you want about free speech, with that freedom I'm also free to label you a bigot if I so please.

You are encouraging the denial of certain humans their rights, end of story. It isn't any different than any other cases of denial of human rights, no matter how you spin it. Stop caring so much about how other people live their lives and worry about yourselves for starters.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
So what? Doesn't matter. Doesn't change anything here. The owner believes what he believes.

I thought you said you were done. Anyway my comments were directed at your claim that marriage was a religious invention, which is false. I don't care what the owner believes I was specifically addressing your claim.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:57 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,163 times
I'm just glad all the fat Tea Party turds will keel over in a year from eating all that artery clogging Chick Fila

Old 08-01-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
I thought you said you were done. Anyway my comments were directed at your claim that marriage was a religious invention, which is false. I don't care what the owner believes I was specifically addressing your claim.
So what? What does it matter? It is what it is. Regardless of what any of us think. What can you do about it? You or I didn't create it.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:02 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,545,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
I'm loling at the bigotry in here.

Say what you want about free speech, with that freedom I'm also free to label you a bigot if I so please.

You are encouraging the denial of certain humans their rights, end of story. It isn't any different than any other cases of denial of human rights, no matter how you spin it. Stop caring so much about how other people live their lives and worry about yourselves for starters.
There's at least two types of bigotry being perpetrated here. There are no saints in this discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area