Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 05:08 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Not me, but not for any particular reason. I'm too busy at work to go ANYWHERE!! As a gay man, I really chuckle at the freak show on the news. All I know is I get a good quality product and wonderful service at Chik Fil A.
I wonder how many people will say anyone who shows up on Friday to kiss one another will say they can't do that though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 05:10 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
It goes beyond a personal opinion. He actively funds groups that pursue legislation and policies affecting a certain group.
Money is speech. Corporations are people.

See, by supporting bigoted campaigns and organizations with millions of dollars, he's just talking. Just speech here people. Move along.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:14 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
I think it's VERY important NOT to demonize a businessman for simply stating his personal opinion. If you don't like it, simply don't patronize his business.... Don't create a media dog & pony show for God's sake!
Yes, media dog and pony shows are reserved for supporting businesses, not bringing them down. Duh.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:15 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
My wedding wasn't religious. And marriage isn't a ceremony. It's a contract between two people.

And my marriage license, a contract recognized by the government, has absolutely nothing to do with religion. That would violate the US Constitution.
Why two people, are you against polygamy? That seems pretty bigoted to me.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
Can someone explain to me how free speech was violated? Or how someone funding hate groups/anti-gay groups simply falls under a "disagreement?"
Please explain to me why you refer to those of us who believe that marriage should remain as 1 woman and 1 man as "hate groups" and "anti-gay." Disagreement does not equal hate, unless you are Bill Maher, who admits that he hates conservative Christians. Do you hate me?

Old 08-01-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I agree that a lot of people are expressing their beliefs today, and that they are obviously free to do so. And I think that those beliefs are bigoted towards gays. That seems pretty straight forward.

The people of the Bible Belt were the last to think the end of slavery was the right thing. They were the last to think women should vote, the last to accept the Civil Rights Act, the last to accept interracial marriage, the last to segregate their schools (or, in Greenville's case, just open a ton of private schools that blacks couldn't afford).
Disagreement does not equal hate, Art. Why do you feel the need to always name call? Do you hate me?

Old 08-01-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
I wonder how many people will say anyone who shows up on Friday to kiss one another will say they can't do that though.
Even though I disagree with it, I support their right to do so 100%. It is the left that is always calling names and trying to silence those that they disagree with, not the right.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:23 PM

422 posts, read 486,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Please explain to me why you refer to those of us who believe that marriage should remain as 1 woman and 1 man as "hate groups" and "anti-gay." Disagreement does not equal hate, unless you are Bill Maher, who admits that he hates conservative Christians. Do you hate me?

When you use your resources to deny gays the ability to marry one another via legislation and/or social policies you are a hate group and anti-gay.

I don't know you, but from your comments in this thread I would most likely not be too fond of you as a person if I did.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:26 PM

422 posts, read 486,847 times
Quote:
Even though I disagree with it, I support their right to do so 100%. It is the left that is always calling names and trying to silence those that they disagree with, not the right.

Because no one on the right has ever called anyone names and tried to silence anyone (have you even heard of voter suppression?) Anyway lets not turn this into some tired, brain dead left vs right debate.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:28 PM

477 posts, read 841,133 times
Quote:
What do you mean "I don't like gay people?" Can you back up your slander? I am a Christian, I believe that homosexuality is a sin. I also believe that I too am am sinner and am no better than a homosexual, except unlike them, I acknowledge my sin and repent of it. They do not believe that their lifestyle is a sin, so the have nothing to repent of. Disagreement does not equal hate, unless you're Bill Maher, who, to his credit readily admits that he hates those that he disagrees with. Do you hate me Toto?
No, I don't hate you. I simple think that your views on things are ignorant and intolerant. I hate hate and I do not tolerate intolerance. Live and let let live as long as nobody gets hurt or has to do anything they don't want to do. Let their "sins" be their "sins". Btw, I don't believe that they are sinners (whatever that means anyway).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area