Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 08:23 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto7SC View Post
@Sophiasmommy:
If only you had the power today to ban gay marriage, would you do it?
You can't ban something that doesn't exist. Marriage has historically been defined as 1 man/1 woman. You want to redefine it. I do not believe in redefining it.

My turn: What do you think about gays that are against gay marriage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I'm just glad all the fat Tea Party turds will keel over in a year from eating all that artery clogging Chick Fila
Yet again, another example of far left hate speech. Are leftists capable of disagreeing without insulting?

Old 08-01-2012, 08:28 PM

422 posts, read 486,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
This thread is about the beliefs of the owner, but now you are being trivial and egotistical so you can feel good. You've came short of calling me names in a previous post and don't even know me.

This thread is about who went to Chick-fil-a today. There are probably tons of people who went into CFA today because they simply wanted a chicken sandwich and weren't aware of any political or social hoopla.

What is evidently flying over your head is I responded to SOMETHING YOU SAID not the owner. This may come as a shock but even if a thread is about X subject the comments within the thread may not directly relate subject line. For the final time, YOU said something that was false. I called you on it. And your counter is to talk about what someone else said. That makes sense.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
Who's talking about forcing anything? The owner can believe whatever he wants, and people are free to stop eating there if they find Chick-fil-A's positions appalling.

Only thing that should be forced is the legalization of gay marriage.
Oh, just a trivial little thing like that. lol

Old 08-01-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
You can't ban something that doesn't exist. Marriage has historically been defined as 1 man/1 woman. You want to redefine it. I do not believe in redefining it.

My turn: What do you think about gays that are against gay marriage?

Marriage has NOT been historically been defined as 1 man/1 woman. There are numerous cultures that practice marital polygamy or polyandry or same sex marriage. Stop with the lies.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:32 PM

301 posts, read 804,466 times
I didn't go to Chick-Fil-A today and I don't understand why this was all of a sudden some crazy revelation.

Chick-Fil-A has ALWAYS been closed on Sundays. They've always been a Christian organization. They've always supported conservative-Christian groups. People being surprised by their CEO makes no sense.

Personally, I have my own views on the whole subject of gays and gay rights, but that's not going to affect where or what I eat. I eat Chick-Fil-A, just like I eat oreos. I'm not interested in making any political statements, just going in and getting good food. I don't really thinking eating a chicken sandwich warrants one being labeled "hateful" or deserving any bad malady that I've seen posted numerous times on the internet.

I also must say that this whole "Kiss A Chick" Day is in poor taste. You should really only ever go to a restaurant with the intention of purchasing their product. Going out of your way to stomp on their beliefs and then not even purchase anything is just disrespectful. I'd much rather people decide to 'boycott' then purposefully try to show Chick-Fil-A up.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:32 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Every single one had a line down the road, it was amazing to see so many people stand up for liberty, freedom and the 1st Amendment. Disagreement does not equal hate and we stood up with one voice today and shouted that from the roof tops. Today was a good day to exercise my free speech.
I'm a gay man and I LOVE Chick-Fil-A! Great service and great food and wow.....they never ask me if I'm gay before serving me with a friendly smile! I have respect for the company as they give their employees Sundays off. I might not be in full agreement with their owner, but the man has done something right! By the way, for those bashing him, you may want to look into how much this man donates to children's homes!

Old 08-01-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
1. I couldn't care less about what a bigot thinks. My concern is when those thoughts become a reality, and they infringe upon the rights of others (see: gay marriage)

Is there anyone that has an opinion that differs from your own that isn't a "bigot"?

2. See what Addaviser said

3. I don't support a company that promotes hatred of a group of people. I don't see how this is any different then how people were treating Target after they took a stance. Were you grilling them with questions when they stopped shopping at Target?

Disagreement does not equal hate, unless you're Bill Maher who admits that he hates Conservative Christians. The only hate that has been posted in this thread has been by the far left posters that all want to redefine marriage.

4. I'm not a Christian, so I couldn't answer that personally. But my guess is, like most Christians, they pick and choose what suits them and what makes their lives convenient, while ignoring the rest of 'God's word'
Rebuttal underlined and italicized.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:35 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,323,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
This thread is about who went to Chick-fil-a today. There are probably tons of people who went into CFA today because they simply wanted a chicken sandwich and weren't aware of any political or social hoopla.

What is evidently flying over your head is I responded to SOMETHING YOU SAID not the owner. This may come as a shock but even if a thread is about X subject the comments within the thread may not directly relate subject line. For the final time, YOU said something that was false. I called you on it. And your counter is to talk about what someone else said. That makes sense.
Ok, even if you are right; what does it change other than soothing your ego? Still doesn't change the situation at hand. Does it? What will you gain?

Old 08-01-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogax3Girl View Post
I didn't go to Chick-Fil-A today and I don't understand why this was all of a sudden some crazy revelation.

Chick-Fil-A has ALWAYS been closed on Sundays. They've always been a Christian organization. They've always supported conservative-Christian groups. People being surprised by their CEO makes no sense.
Just because someone or an organization is Christian doesn't inherently mean they're anti-gay or anti-gay marriage. The issue people have is that their money has went to discriminatory groups whose goal is to lobby in order to deny a segment of the population the ability to marry the person they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area