Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be voting for Romney or Obama?
Romney 52 53.61%
Obama 45 46.39%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 07:52 AM

690 posts, read 1,145,792 times

Advertisements

Can I vote for Reagan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 08:23 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,539,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post
Can I vote for Reagan?
You can always write him in!

Old 10-18-2012, 09:09 AM

18 posts, read 27,478 times
I totally understand not being happy with either O or R but the reality is one of them is going to be the next president. No one else will come close. Kinda like cheering for a third team in a football game. There are still only two teams playing.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:42 AM

4,212 posts, read 6,899,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauJames View Post
I totally understand not being happy with either O or R but the reality is one of them is going to be the next president. No one else will come close. Kinda like cheering for a third team in a football game. There are still only two teams playing.
True, but the longer people simply resort to 'voting for someone they dislike remotely less than the other guy in the two party race' the longer we will suffer with only two candidates. We enable this terrible two-party system by giving in and voting for people that aren't worth it.

It may never happen, but at least I'll know I won't look back and regret all my votes for a marginally-not-as-terrible candidate. After voting R in my first election, the last two I voted non R or D and will do the same this election. Being able to vote is a powerful thing and one of the most important things we do.

Do not settle by wasting that once-every-four-year (in regard to presidential elections) power/right on a candidate not worth your vote. If a Republican or Democrat is ever worth my vote, I will certainly give it to them. It isn't about hating or liking a certain party, but individual candidates.

Last edited by Sunbather; 10-18-2012 at 09:53 AM..

Old 10-18-2012, 09:49 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,539,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauJames View Post
I will always vote for who I think will do what needs to be done - voting my conscience, so to speak! If we don't vote for who we truly believe has the right ideas, there's no point to this whole process.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:52 AM

4,212 posts, read 6,899,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
I will always vote for who I think will do what needs to be done - voting my conscience, so to speak! If we don't vote for who we truly believe has the right ideas, there's no point to this whole process.
Amen.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:55 AM

672 posts, read 1,417,238 times
Quote:
Yes, I've heard enough of this "My vote doesn't matter" or "A 3rd candidate can't win." Vote for you who you want to; isn't this one of the best rights we have as Americans?

Old 10-18-2012, 12:02 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,289,409 times
Quote:
I completely agree! If everyone voted that way, we would have far more choices on the ballot.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:11 PM

800 posts, read 1,462,881 times
Nothing scientific, just musing that if McCain got 61% of the Greenville County vote in 2008, and Romney is expected to do better nationally this year than McCain did, it stands to reason that Rom would likely get a higher percentage of the vote this time around. Maybe not 70%...but 65% wouldn't surprise me.

As for the Greenville metro being one of the more Democratic areas of the state, gotta disagree there. Maybe in pockets of the city of Greenville, but that's about it. Greenville County (and the entire upstate) are more Conservative/Republican than the state as a whole, even. Columbia and Charleston metro areas have a bit more blue to them.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:57 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,649,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Rooster View Post
Nothing scientific, just musing that if McCain got 61% of the Greenville County vote in 2008, and Romney is expected to do better nationally this year than McCain did, it stands to reason that Rom would likely get a higher percentage of the vote this time around. Maybe not 70%...but 65% wouldn't surprise me.

As for the Greenville metro being one of the more Democratic areas of the state, gotta disagree there. Maybe in pockets of the city of Greenville, but that's about it. Greenville County (and the entire upstate) are more Conservative/Republican than the state as a whole, even. Columbia and Charleston metro areas have a bit more blue to them.
Definitely agree. Greenville is the reddest of the main three metros.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area