Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 07:19 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post
Is the IHOP the anchor store at the end of that mini-strip?
Yes, it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 05:54 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Kohl's is slated to start construction in mid-February.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:59 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I'll believe it when I see it! Any word if there's anything else suppose to go at the other end, or is Kohls going to take the entire space from TS down?

Old 01-13-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
I'll believe it when I see it! Any word if there's anything else suppose to go at the other end, or is Kohls going to take the entire space from TS down?
Kohl's will not take up the rest of Piedmont Marketplace. I would assume what is the remainder of the former Kmart space.

Piedmont Marketplace has one active tenant, Tractor Supply Company. Everything else is vacant in spaces that need major overhaul.

If Piedmont Marketplace can include Publix, that would be great.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:22 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Kohl's will not take up the rest of Piedmont Marketplace. I would assume what is the remainder of the former Kmart space.

Piedmont Marketplace has one active tenant, Tractor Supply Company. Everything else is vacant in spaces that need major overhaul.

If Piedmont Marketplace can include Publix, that would be great.
Would be great, but it doesn't look like there would be enough space for a Publix. What happened with the idea of Publix building along 101 behind QT? Can't understand why they don't build right on WH where the old D&D Ford was.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Would be great, but it doesn't look like there would be enough space for a Publix. What happened with the idea of Publix building along 101 behind QT? Can't understand why they don't build right on WH where the old D&D Ford was.
There is space at Piedmont Marketplace for Publix after you demolish everything after the remnants of Kmart.

Poor accessibility into the former D&D Ford site is one factor that is not attracting interest. Access would need improvements.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:24 AM

690 posts, read 1,146,760 times
Quote:
Man, I sure hope that's accurate. Don't let me down g-man!

Old 01-17-2014, 07:04 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Dude, you already started the exact same thread. Did you forget?

Old 01-20-2014, 08:38 PM

Grocery store, strip mall planned for Riverside Crossing | GreerToday.com (2014-01-16.)

Developers recently approached the City of Greer's Planning Advisory Committee a 45,000 square feet grocery store and a 10,000 square feet strip mall at Hammett Bridge Road and East Suber Road is expected to be completed by the first quarter of 2015.

Approaching this from the retail angle, the Riverside and south Greer areas are overdue for a supermarket. I have no doubt whoever opens will be successful.

Kroger and Harris Teeter were mentioned as the grocery store. Kroger's acquisition of Harris Teeter is expected to be completed by 1 February. Harris Teeter has not operated in Greenville or Spartanburg counties since 2001 after divesting their five area stores to Bi-Lo. Kroger is looking to infill in North Carolina and South Carolina.

No word if Bi-Lo or Food Lion have intentions of opening new stores. I would not expect Food Lion to open any new stores in the area. They have likely admitted defeat. I am unaware of Bi-Lo opening any new stores in the area after acquiring 22 Piggly Wiggly stores and divesting 7 stores to Publix. It has been rumored Kroger has interest in Bi-Lo/Winn Dixie.

Ingle's newer stores are around 80,000 square feet in size. I do not know if they would consider revisiting smaller size stores like Travelers Rest (store 206).

Publix and Walmart Neighborhood Market have stores about 45,000 square feet in size. Publix has been rumored in opening a store at West Wade Hampton Boulevard and North Buncombe Road. No word if Walmart Neighborhood Market has plans for additional stores after opening their Greer and Greenville stores.

Strip mall, Dollar Tree, 2 housing developments make for long PAC meeting | GreerToday.com (2014-01-17.)

Dollar Tree is relocating from its present location next to Walmart to a new freestanding store at 14001 East Wade Hampton Boulevard after the former Dr. Motorworx building is demolished.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:13 PM

423 posts, read 899,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Grocery store, strip mall planned for Riverside Crossing | GreerToday.com (2014-01-16.)

Developers recently approached the City of Greer's Planning Advisory Committee a 45,000 square feet grocery store and a 10,000 square feet strip mall at Hammett Bridge Road and East Suber Road is expected to be completed by the first quarter of 2015.

Approaching this from the retail angle, the Riverside and south Greer areas are overdue for a supermarket. I have no doubt whoever opens will be successful.

Kroger and Harris Teeter were mentioned as the grocery store. Kroger's acquisition of Harris Teeter is expected to be completed by 1 February. Harris Teeter has not operated in Greenville or Spartanburg counties since 2001 after divesting their five area stores to Bi-Lo. Kroger is looking to infill in North Carolina and South Carolina.

No word if Bi-Lo or Food Lion have intentions of opening new stores. I would not expect Food Lion to open any new stores in the area. They have likely admitted defeat. I am unaware of Bi-Lo opening any new stores in the area after acquiring 22 Piggly Wiggly stores and divesting 7 stores to Publix. It has been rumored Kroger has interest in Bi-Lo/Winn Dixie.

Ingle's newer stores are around 80,000 square feet in size. I do not know if they would consider revisiting smaller size stores like Travelers Rest (store 206).

Publix and Walmart Neighborhood Market have stores about 45,000 square feet in size. Publix has been rumored in opening a store at West Wade Hampton Boulevard and North Buncombe Road. No word if Walmart Neighborhood Market has plans for additional stores after opening their Greer and Greenville stores.

Strip mall, Dollar Tree, 2 housing developments make for long PAC meeting | GreerToday.com (2014-01-17.)

Dollar Tree is relocating from its present location next to Walmart to a new freestanding store at 14001 East Wade Hampton Boulevard after the former Dr. Motorworx building is demolished.

I'm guessing that it will be Lowes Foods Grocery Stores - Good For You. It's the only other choice that makes sense considering the article said that it's not a brand that would be familiar to the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area