Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 07:10 AM

183 posts, read 303,466 times

Advertisements

There is a new huge Chinese buffet opening in the old Ryan's in front of Wal-Mart similar to the one on Woodruff. Is it open and has anyone tried it yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 12:46 PM

672 posts, read 1,418,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNY2GRNVL View Post
There is a new huge Chinese buffet opening in the old Ryan's in front of Wal-Mart similar to the one on Woodruff. Is it open and has anyone tried it yet?
I'm going Wednesday for lunch, I'll let you know how it is.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:41 PM

115 posts, read 264,772 times
It is open and has been packed every time I drive by, wondering how good it is myself!

Old 07-01-2013, 10:14 AM

128 posts, read 220,817 times
It's very fancy inside and they have a lot of options for food, but it's just your typical chinese buffet. The sweet potato casserole is excellent as are the baked scallops, but nothing else really stood out for me. There are multiple signs scattered around instructing you to not waste food, to just get what you think you can eat.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:47 AM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times
Went Friday night to it.. Not bad.. It's on par with the one on Woodruff Rd, if you're familiar with that.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:12 AM

672 posts, read 1,418,657 times
I went yesterday for a paid company lunch, so here are my thoughts. Overall, I was unimpressed. The cost was $10.02 for lunch and a drink, and the cashier was not too pleased that I didn't have two pennies. (They're not keen on accepting plastic, judging by the big sign requesting cash). Soda was served by unfriendly hostess only (Don't forget to leave a tip). As mentioned above, you won't forget to keep food inside or to take only what you can eat, after seeing the neon green signs on the tables. Food quality was okay, on par with most buffets I've been to, and the selection was nice. I ran into several strange customer service issues, just their way of operating. As far as the atmosphere goes, it felt like a crowded Walmart. Personally, I won't be back, but if you can overlook some of the minor issues, it's decent.

Old 07-07-2013, 03:52 PM

115 posts, read 264,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrocker View Post
I went yesterday for a paid company lunch, so here are my thoughts. Overall, I was unimpressed. The cost was $10.02 for lunch and a drink, and the cashier was not too pleased that I didn't have two pennies. (They're not keen on accepting plastic, judging by the big sign requesting cash). Soda was served by unfriendly hostess only (Don't forget to leave a tip). As mentioned above, you won't forget to keep food inside or to take only what you can eat, after seeing the neon green signs on the tables. Food quality was okay, on par with most buffets I've been to, and the selection was nice. I ran into several strange customer service issues, just their way of operating. As far as the atmosphere goes, it felt like a crowded Walmart. Personally, I won't be back, but if you can overlook some of the minor issues, it's decent.
The reference to it being a crowded Walmart is enough to keep me out of there lol!

Old 07-11-2013, 08:13 AM

128 posts, read 220,817 times
yeah it's just a Chinese Ryan's. Would that be Lyan's?

Old 07-13-2013, 07:32 AM

2,309 posts, read 3,852,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrocker View Post

having been to the one on woodruff and living right down the road from the one in simpsonville that looks identical to the one on woodruff (maybe b/c they were both ex-ryans buildings haha) i was not impressed at all with the one on woofruff. i can only assume this one is the same deal so probably won't go. chinese buffet menus don't normally do it for me sadly.

side note - my first time at the one on woodruff upon leaving a few of us who i went with noticed that there was a donation jar to help stray cats and we all began to think the worse case scenario since this was a chinese place. we had to physically stop one of my buddies from asking them where the stray dog jar was or if the donation money was for gas money to drive around and look for strays LOL.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:34 AM

4,602 posts, read 6,027,000 times
IMO the best Chinese food in Simpsonville is that buffet next to the sportsclub. They have always been the best by a mile. I think its called Chang An. I hope they don't mess it up and start carrying all that country stuff like the new place. If I go to a Chinese buffet its because I want Chinese food and not all that casserole stuff and country fried food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area