Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 03:04 PM

206 posts, read 223,489 times

Advertisements

This clown is talking about garbage. The loser never says anything intelligent. One teenager snarky comment after another just looking for attention but yet he's not funny.

Old 10-03-2013, 03:57 PM

113 posts, read 244,723 times
Moderator should have locked this thread 8 pages ago. The fact that Geoffrey didnt know about lifetime caps (amazing how ignorant this is) and responded to a message about my sons life being saved with babble tells you everything you need to know.

Old 10-03-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GvegasProud View Post
Moderator should have locked this thread 8 pages ago. The fact that Geoffrey didnt know about lifetime caps (amazing how ignorant this is) and responded to a message about my sons life being saved with babble tells you everything you need to know.
You are dumb, I said I didn't know it had been implemented. Do you know what piecemeal means? Part of the law just went into effect this week. I didn't know exactly what parts have been implemented already. I didn't say I didn't know about the caps.

You are a low income uneducated boob who doesn't care how this law impacts other people to include them losing their jobs and their insurance, as long as you get what you want.

Obamacare didn't save your son's life. You are just making that up. Classic liberal tear jerk story. You are phony as a 3 dollar bill.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:36 PM

2,213 posts, read 2,841,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goeffrey View Post
Not all people who don't have insurance are trying to game the system. That is what you don't understand. THey are choosing not to have at all as they are healthy and in the unlikely event they do get sick they can afford to pay their expenses, their expenses will basically be the bill minus what they saved on not having insurance. You act like people must use 3rd party to pay their medical costs.
Anyone (well, the lower 99.9% of the population) who does not have health insurance runs the non-zero risk of getting an illness or injury they can't afford to pay for. If this happens, they will show up at the ER and try to get lifesaving treatment paid for at unnecessarily high cost by you and I. The ER will not let them die.

So, anyone who does not have health insurance is gaming the system. (with the exception of a few multimillionaires.)

You are right that health insurance could have been done in different ways. It's your right to Monday-morning quarterback about what could have been. But I'm glad something was done rather than nothing, which is what Republicans would have done.

I've talked to many people in many other countries which have government-run healthcare and *none* of them wished they could switch to the US system before Obamacare. In fact, they were all quite disturbed by the idea.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GvegasProud View Post
Geoffrey - Obamacare saved my child's life. He would have maxed out his coverage. Obamacare lifted lifetime caps and now he gets the care he needs and can not be excluded from coverage for having a "pre-existing condition." the cost of his treatment also went way down. This is a good thing. Give it a chance to work before saying it won't. Again, it already has for us.
It is my understanding that Obama delayed the annual caps to 2014 or maybe 2015, after the midterm elections for political reasons, because insurance companies would raise premiums big time as they are going to have to pay more out.

So your story isn't really checking out here, unless the lifetime cap went into place when it was supposed to a year, or 2 years ago.
Why would the annual cap lifts be delayed but the lifetime cap lifts be implemented on schedule?
So you probably are making up your story about your kid and the lifetime cap by insurance companies is an incredible amount of money. I saw somewhere that the lifetime cap is like 1 and a half million dollars. There is no way your kid had over 1 and half million dollars for his healthcare costs which supposedly ObamaCare's lifting of the lifetime cap of 1.5 million by the insurance company would help you with.

Tell me where I am wrong. I am not trying to be wrong about anyting here but sounds like the lifting of the liftime cap has not even been implemented yet , as the lifting of the annual cap has been delayed by Obama. I would have think the two would have been implemented at the same time. So I don't see how Obamacare could have "saved" your kid, but it no doubt it probably will in the future. LOL

Old 10-03-2013, 04:50 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,788,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goeffrey View Post
I am not trying to be wrong about anyting here
I had my first ever actual spit take while reading that...

And... not surprisingly, you are wrong just as you have been on just about everything else you have typed:
https://www.healthcare.gov/how-does-...ect-me/#part=9

Why is this nonsense still going on? How many personal insults does it take until a person is kicked off of here (again).

Old 10-03-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
Anyone (well, the lower 99.9% of the population) who does not have health insurance runs the non-zero risk of getting an illness or injury they can't afford to pay for. If this happens, they will show up at the ER and try to get lifesaving treatment paid for at unnecessarily high cost by you and I. The ER will not let them die.

So, anyone who does not have health insurance is gaming the system. (with the exception of a few multimillionaires.)

You are right that health insurance could have been done in different ways. It's your right to Monday-morning quarterback about what could have been. But I'm glad something was done rather than nothing, which is what Republicans would have done.

I've talked to many people in many other countries which have government-run healthcare and *none* of them wished they could switch to the US system before Obamacare. In fact, they were all quite disturbed by the idea.
If we agree the poor are essentially already getting free emergency care which is generally going to be the highest cost care, why do we need ObamaCare? You are making a case against Obamacare, not for it.

It isn't true anybody not having insurance is gaming the system. If you have income or savings, you will pay for any emergency care after the fact at some point.
Many people find it to be finaniically o their advantage to not carry insurance and just pay out of pocket when they need it b/c they are healthy and most the people who do this are young. You want to deprive them of this private medical decision that they make.

The republicans want to do stuff that deals with the actual cost of healthcare and bring that down. Obamacare essentially EXCUSES the high cost of healthcare, and just tranfers the costs from the high risk people to the low risk people which is why most everybody will see their premiums jacked up.

This isn't Europe or Canada bro, and I don't think it is true they all support it. I hear the horror stories about waiting lines and rationed healthcare all the time. You are also ignorning their consistent double digit unemployment, high taxation levels, and huge spending deficits that result from funding a massive entitlement.

How am I Monday quarterbacking, democracy doesn't end after "the game". And Obama told a lot of lies to sell it and most Americans have opposed it prior to implementation and that is going to get worse as people have price shock and are forced to pay a fine if they don't want to pay, or lose their jobs as emnployers lay them off to avoid the additional costs, or have their hours reduced.

This is the new Republican party and this is how we do it. Boom. Freedom lives here.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I had my first ever actual spit take while reading that...

And... not surprisingly, you are wrong just as you have been on just about everything else you have typed:
https://www.healthcare.gov/how-does-...ect-me/#part=9

Why is this nonsense still going on? How many personal insults does it take until a person is kicked off of here (again).
You are one of the most consisttly wrong people on here. You have been wrong about global warming, George Carlin, and healthcare. You are the dude who argued for gun control but then revealed you bought a gun. You are the guy who fearmonger over fricking sugar and said it causes cancer.

You are an old blue collar guy who thinks he knows everything and I dont' need your low IQ azz telling me how things are, brother.

You are the most abrasive and political person on here and you NEVER get banned. What do you think the reason is for that? You could not be more unlikable, you think you are George Carlin or something but he was occasionally funny, you never are.

Obama said people will be able to get their plans thru their employer. This is incorrect b/c people have been laid off or hours reduced to parttime so they now have no plan thru their employer and their salary eliminated or reduce on top of that. So Obama lied about that.

Obama said family of four would get 2500 decrease in their yearly premium. That isn't going to be the majority's experience at all, their premiums are going to go up as these annual and lifetime caps ithat insurance companies have in place to keep costs and premiums down are lifted.

You can't win a debate with me on the specifics, brother. You better just stick to gay marriage or something like that.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:57 PM

Virtually no one can pay for a six-figure hospital bill. Everyone runs the risk of getting a six figure (or even seven-figure) hospital bill. Therefore, anyone who cannot afford a six figure hospital bill who does not have insurance is gaming the system.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:59 PM

When someone is being consistently proven wrong, they can resort to abusive language and insults in order to get the thread intentionally locked, so they can stop embarassing themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area