Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2016, 10:51 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,186,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Either Risata Pizza is closed for the week, or its crew members failed to report for work and left a bad initial impression three days after opening.
The place has been packed, even before their initial opening. They must have had a soft opening, or something for friends and family. I drive by there all the time. I called right at opening Sunday morning and figured they just didn't answer at that moment due to maybe doing prep-work for opening. Then I double checked their website just to make sure that I saw the hours correct. My friends made it there before I did and called me to tell me it was closed, and no one was there. I left a message on their voice mail and left my number to ask about this. No one has called me back, yet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 11:22 PM

423 posts, read 899,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
The place has been packed, even before their initial opening. They must have had a soft opening, or something for friends and family. I drive by there all the time. I called right at opening Sunday morning and figured they just didn't answer at that moment due to maybe doing prep-work for opening. Then I double checked their website just to make sure that I saw the hours correct. My friends made it there before I did and called me to tell me it was closed, and no one was there. I left a message on their voice mail and left my number to ask about this. No one has called me back, yet
There was a posting on their FB page:

Wow! Thank you all so much for making our opening weekend a success beyond even our wildest expectations. So far beyond that we are actually sold out of a lot menu items. So, rather than offer a limited menu, we will be closed tomorrow, Sunday, December 18th, to restock, reload, and get ready for next week. We will be open again on Wednesday the 21st. Hope to see you all then!

Old 12-19-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvlgal View Post
There was a posting on their FB page:

Wow! Thank you all so much for making our opening weekend a success beyond even our wildest expectations. So far beyond that we are actually sold out of a lot menu items. So, rather than offer a limited menu, we will be closed tomorrow, Sunday, December 18th, to restock, reload, and get ready for next week. We will be open again on Wednesday the 21st. Hope to see you all then!
People/Businesses have to understand, not EVERY ONE does FB. Businesses base so much on that, and many businesses make it so you have to have an account on FB to see their page. You then lose my business, and many others who also do not do FB.

Thanks for letting me know what happened!

Old 12-19-2016, 12:57 PM

59 posts, read 111,184 times
Quote:
Well, lo and behold, there's finally a sign up on the restaurant at 101 Brookwood in Greer, off WH

It's called Andino and they list themselves as an Italian and Andean food restaurant. I will be looking up Andean, as at the moment, I haven't a clue!

No date of opening on the signage. Just found their website. It must be a work in progress as there is no phone number listed yet.

Location - andinoonline.com
From my understanding the owners are waiting on their liquor license.

Old 12-19-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dognusty View Post
From my understanding the owners are waiting on their liquor license.
Can you not eat without drinking liquor?!?

Old 12-20-2016, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Can you not eat without drinking liquor?!?
I'm sure you can, but that is the information that i received regarding the opening. We were planning to have our Christmas party there, seeing as the owner of the property is the owner of the company i work for.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dognusty View Post
I'm sure you can, but that is the information that i received regarding the opening. We were planning to have our Christmas party there, seeing as the owner of the property is the owner of the company i work for.
I was told he sold that property? That property needs to be turned back in to a residential house, and if not, some type of a office space. It's been numerous failed restaurants over the past few years.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:43 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
Default Andino, 101 Brookwood Drive, Greer, South Carolina 29651-1742

I am assuming the owner of Andino also owns the property.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I am assuming the owner of Andino also owns the property.
I never heard of him selling it. I think he had a plan to sell it. Not sure on that one. I assumed he still has it. Possible that he did sell it. It should never be a restaurant though.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:30 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
Default Andino, 101 Brookwood Drive, Greer, South Carolina 29651-1742

The site was recently up for sale. I could assume it sold several months ago, and Greenville County has not updated its records yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area